Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  Log in  RegisterRegister  

Wed 1st September

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
bigsenior

bigsenior

Wed 1st September Empty
PostSubject: Wed 1st September   Wed 1st September EmptyFri Aug 27, 2010 9:09 pm

Here is Wednesdays ride
http://www.mapmyride.com/view_route?r=508128242335449244
Not to long as the nights are drawing in.We can cut or extend as the weather/light/fitness/will, dictates.
Usual start time of 18.30 usual place you know where!
We have been getting some very good turnouts to these weekday rides some why not join in?When we get 8,9 or 10 out on a weekday it is good fun as there are more riders to hide behind if it gets windy.

Those of you with half a brain will realise that this is last weeks ride.If at first you don't succeed try try and try again.
Back to top Go down
http://bigsnr@yahoo.co.uk

Wed 1st September Empty
PostSubject: Re: Wed 1st September   Wed 1st September EmptyFri Aug 27, 2010 9:36 pm

You mean sitting behind windbreaker Scott !!! LOL Very Happy Very Happy
Back to top Go down
bigsenior

bigsenior

Wed 1st September Empty
PostSubject: Re: Wed 1st September   Wed 1st September EmptyFri Aug 27, 2010 10:01 pm

Why else do you think we like you there? not only a good wind break but some one slower than me on the hills!!!! Laughing Laughing Very Happy
Back to top Go down

Wed 1st September Empty
PostSubject: Re: Wed 1st September   Wed 1st September EmptySat Aug 28, 2010 7:24 am

Cheeeeeky sod, I am not deffo slower than you on hills !!!! Hills just dont like me and want me to go backwards, i wouldnt mind cycling in holland tho !!!!!! FLAT !!!
Back to top Go down

Wed 1st September Empty
PostSubject: Re: Wed 1st September   Wed 1st September EmptySat Aug 28, 2010 8:52 am

the "low lands" are nice apart from the hideous winds :-)
Back to top Go down

Wed 1st September Empty
PostSubject: Re: Wed 1st September   Wed 1st September EmptySat Aug 28, 2010 8:54 am

Just image tho riding in the low lands, me one side and scott the other total windbreak !!!! LOL dont know if they would appreciate 12 a breast riding tho !! LOL Very Happy
Back to top Go down
bigsenior

bigsenior

Wed 1st September Empty
PostSubject: Re: Wed 1st September   Wed 1st September EmptySat Aug 28, 2010 11:08 am

jam wrote:
the "low lands" are nice apart from the hideous winds :-)

Following john after a curry i know what you mean about that wind!!!!
Back to top Go down

Wed 1st September Empty
PostSubject: Re: Wed 1st September   Wed 1st September EmptyMon Aug 30, 2010 4:31 pm

Nice little route may take just under 80 mins to complete !!! lol, if we go by this sundays ride !! lol. who is around this wednesday, I know Gordon and Jo are a 99% there Im in.

Jon
Back to top Go down
bigsenior

bigsenior

Wed 1st September Empty
PostSubject: Re: Wed 1st September   Wed 1st September EmptyMon Aug 30, 2010 6:02 pm

If you are in as a windbreak i'm in lol!
Back to top Go down
schleck_wannabe

schleck_wannabe

Wed 1st September Empty
PostSubject: Re: Wed 1st September   Wed 1st September EmptyMon Aug 30, 2010 9:25 pm

Myself and Jo will be there on Weds.

Due to bike issues (see post within Cake stop, under the Bristol to London thread), I'll be riding the Focus.

Looking forward to getting out with you all.

-Gordon
Back to top Go down

Wed 1st September Empty
PostSubject: Re: Wed 1st September   Wed 1st September EmptyTue Aug 31, 2010 10:00 am

must remember to charge / fit some lights :-)
Back to top Go down

Wed 1st September Empty
PostSubject: Re: Wed 1st September   Wed 1st September EmptyTue Aug 31, 2010 1:48 pm

Hi if its dry, count me in
Back to top Go down

Wed 1st September Empty
PostSubject: Re: Wed 1st September   Wed 1st September EmptyTue Aug 31, 2010 2:23 pm

Work permitting I will be there!

Are you riding this route anti-clockwise?!

If so I will meet you on Nibley Lane
Back to top Go down
bigsenior

bigsenior

Wed 1st September Empty
PostSubject: Re: Wed 1st September   Wed 1st September EmptyTue Aug 31, 2010 7:03 pm

trench lane, old gloucester road, perrinpit road, church road, frampton end road, turn right back on to main coalpit heath/yate road turn left into nibley lane then right down to frampton/yate road straight over etc.
Back to top Go down

Wed 1st September Empty
PostSubject: Re: Wed 1st September   Wed 1st September EmptyTue Aug 31, 2010 8:33 pm

bigsenior wrote:
trench lane, old gloucester road, perrinpit road, church road, frampton end road, turn right back on to main coalpit heath/yate road turn left into nibley lane then right down to frampton/yate road straight over etc.

Sorted - will see you at Nibley Lane as it's less than a mile from my house! When you all get back to Tesco I will keep going to ensure I have done the same distance.
What time do you think you will be there - 1850?!

Dave
Back to top Go down

Wed 1st September Empty
PostSubject: Re: Wed 1st September   Wed 1st September EmptyTue Aug 31, 2010 8:45 pm

Weather condition DRY AND CLEAR, lights might not be needed if we leave as scheduled !

jon
Back to top Go down
Nick

Wed 1st September Empty
PostSubject: Re: Wed 1st September   Wed 1st September EmptyWed Sep 01, 2010 8:30 am

Should be there, although my legs still aren't cooperating after Sunday and Monday rides Sad Will be on my new pedals to so expect some comedy moments at stops/starts...
Back to top Go down

Wed 1st September Empty
PostSubject: Re: Wed 1st September   Wed 1st September EmptyWed Sep 01, 2010 5:17 pm

Doesn't look promising for me - I am still at work and should have finished at 2!!!
Will do my best though - if you get to Nibley Lane and there is no sign of me then crack on Sad
Back to top Go down
bigsenior

bigsenior

Wed 1st September Empty
PostSubject: Re: Wed 1st September   Wed 1st September EmptyWed Sep 01, 2010 9:34 pm

All that overtime!!! looks like another new planet x on the way???
Back to top Go down

Wed 1st September Empty
PostSubject: Re: Wed 1st September   Wed 1st September EmptyWed Sep 01, 2010 10:34 pm

that was fun .... :-)
Back to top Go down
bigsenior

bigsenior

Wed 1st September Empty
PostSubject: Wed 1st post ride    Wed 1st September EmptyWed Sep 01, 2010 10:46 pm

Well all these new bikes tonight me with the argos marcus with his Planet x and I don't know if it counts but gordon had his old focus out.
I arrived nice and early and met Brandy so cups of tea at subway were called for,a few arrived early so we had the chance for a good old natter before setting out.We should try and make that a semi permanent thing, meeting a bit early if you can make it. I think we still need to start at the normal time but I for one will try and be at start half an hour or so early so we can have a natter etc before we ride out.
The weather was wonderful as was the company, nine of us which for a Wed was great even Grant and his hardtail came out.I love to hear those tyres drumming as he passes me it is a wonderful sound!!
We were going at a nice steady pace so when we got to thornbury we decided to come back via the back road instead of hammering down the main A38 that bit of tarmac along the top of the quarry is so nice its worth going that way.I, like a fool, tried to keep up with steve and nick I was ok for about 5 mins tucked in behind then they lost me.I want to thank john (jam)He like me vies for the back door he and I do our best to keep it real when all others around us are trying to burn up the road. affraid
All in all a nice ride tonight its a pity that we can only have a few more of these before it gets to dark so lets enjoy them whilst we can.
I won't be around so one of you lot need to look after the back door for me.Next sundays is posted and sorted and next wed will be posted soon I will dig out one of our old routes and do it again maybe backwards I will have a look.
Once again thanks for a lovely ride out tonight see you all next Wed.
Back to top Go down
bigsenior

bigsenior

Wed 1st September Empty
PostSubject: Re: Wed 1st September   Wed 1st September EmptyWed Sep 01, 2010 10:48 pm

jam wrote:
that was fun .... :-)
Here Here. Next week I will bring two pasties and it will be even more fun or........................chocolate hobnobs!!!!!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Wed 1st September Empty
PostSubject: Re: Wed 1st September   Wed 1st September Empty

Back to top Go down

Wed 1st September
Page 1 of 1