HomeHome  Log in  RegisterRegister  

Saturday 20th April - Three Seasides & Three Hills!

Go down 
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
aerobully

aerobully

Saturday 20th April - Three Seasides & Three Hills! Empty
PostSubject: Saturday 20th April - Three Seasides & Three Hills!   Saturday 20th April - Three Seasides & Three Hills! EmptySun Apr 14, 2013 8:17 pm

Not so much of a climbing route but more of an endurance ride. From the start point it's just over 69 miles and takes in three of our nearest seasides with a planned stop in Weston-Super-Mare. You never know if the weather is warm enough we may even have an ice cream. Very Happy

Plan to leave start point just behind the UWE @ 9.15am

http://connect.garmin.com/course/3306276

Last edited by aerobully on Sun Apr 14, 2013 10:13 pm; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
http://www.linkedin.com/profile/view?id=5807558&authType=nam

PostSubject: Re: Saturday 20th April - Three Seasides & Three Hills!   Saturday 20th April - Three Seasides & Three Hills! EmptySun Apr 14, 2013 8:59 pm

aerobully wrote:
You never know if the weather is warm enough we may even have an ice cream. Very Happy

...weather forecast for next Saturday (indeed next weekend) is very good...so ice creams are a real possibility!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Saturday 20th April - Three Seasides & Three Hills!   Saturday 20th April - Three Seasides & Three Hills! EmptySun Apr 14, 2013 9:01 pm

I could be a potential for this .... I'll know later in the week
so I'll let you know and sort a meeting point.
Back to top Go down
aerobully

aerobully

PostSubject: Re: Saturday 20th April - Three Seasides & Three Hills!   Saturday 20th April - Three Seasides & Three Hills! EmptySun Apr 14, 2013 10:15 pm

john m wrote:
I could be a potential for this .... I'll know later in the week
so I'll let you know and sort a meeting point.

it'll be a bit shorter for you but just enough for a metric century Wink
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Saturday 20th April - Three Seasides & Three Hills!   Saturday 20th April - Three Seasides & Three Hills! EmptyMon Apr 15, 2013 7:38 am

if it's not I can "go round the block" a couple of times :D
Back to top Go down
andy williams

PostSubject: Re: Saturday 20th April - Three Seasides & Three Hills!   Saturday 20th April - Three Seasides & Three Hills! EmptyMon Apr 15, 2013 12:24 pm

If i've recovered from this latest bout of grot i seemed to be saddled with,i like to join you"looks a cracking ride" Sleep
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Saturday 20th April - Three Seasides & Three Hills!   Saturday 20th April - Three Seasides & Three Hills! EmptyMon Apr 15, 2013 12:40 pm

it would appear that I am ok for this .... kellaway builders @ when ??
Back to top Go down
aerobully

aerobully

PostSubject: Re: Saturday 20th April - Three Seasides & Three Hills!   Saturday 20th April - Three Seasides & Three Hills! EmptyMon Apr 15, 2013 1:10 pm

john m wrote:
it would appear that I am ok for this .... kellaway builders @ when ??

kellaway for 9.30am
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Saturday 20th April - Three Seasides & Three Hills!   Saturday 20th April - Three Seasides & Three Hills! EmptyMon Apr 15, 2013 1:13 pm

Have you arranged suitable weather? If so , I'm in..........
Back to top Go down
aerobully

aerobully

PostSubject: Re: Saturday 20th April - Three Seasides & Three Hills!   Saturday 20th April - Three Seasides & Three Hills! EmptyMon Apr 15, 2013 1:17 pm

martin wrote:

Have you arranged suitable weather? If so , I'm in..........
at the moment its dry and warm
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Saturday 20th April - Three Seasides & Three Hills!   Saturday 20th April - Three Seasides & Three Hills! EmptyMon Apr 15, 2013 1:23 pm

Dry and warm you say....crikey, I barely remember what that feels like! Now where are those white bib shorts...... Twisted Evil
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Saturday 20th April - Three Seasides & Three Hills!   Saturday 20th April - Three Seasides & Three Hills! EmptyMon Apr 15, 2013 1:40 pm

I was very tempted to go on the other route with Nick on Saturday until I saw this one. Haven't been to Weston before (except on a train or driving) so will make a welcome change. Need to check with the Mrs as she wants to go and see Rovers last home game of the season. I could always let her go by herself and meet het down Gloucester Road afterwards. As people have said already, warm and dry at the moment so definately bib shorts and short sleeves.
9.15am at the UWE. Is that the entrance by the cemetary or where Mega bus leaves from? Only live round the corner so can meet anywhere.
Regards
Gary
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Saturday 20th April - Three Seasides & Three Hills!   Saturday 20th April - Three Seasides & Three Hills! EmptyMon Apr 15, 2013 5:54 pm

see you at 9:30 :)
Back to top Go down
aerobully

aerobully

PostSubject: Re: Saturday 20th April - Three Seasides & Three Hills!   Saturday 20th April - Three Seasides & Three Hills! EmptyMon Apr 15, 2013 7:22 pm

Garyx wrote:
I was very tempted to go on the other route with Nick on Saturday until I saw this one. Haven't been to Weston before (except on a train or driving) so will make a welcome change. Need to check with the Mrs as she wants to go and see Rovers last home game of the season. I could always let her go by herself and meet het down Gloucester Road afterwards. As people have said already, warm and dry at the moment so definately bib shorts and short sleeves.
9.15am at the UWE. Is that the entrance by the cemetary or where Mega bus leaves from? Only live round the corner so can meet anywhere.
Regards
Gary

The meeting point is the also the start point which is the entrance to the cycle path that goes to Lockleaze from the UWE side opposite the Elan Homes on Long Down Avenue.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Saturday 20th April - Three Seasides & Three Hills!   Saturday 20th April - Three Seasides & Three Hills! EmptyMon Apr 15, 2013 8:38 pm

Route looks good, bikes going into workshop Thu so as long as I can pick it up Fri I should be good for this.
Back to top Go down
aerobully

aerobully

PostSubject: Re: Saturday 20th April - Three Seasides & Three Hills!   Saturday 20th April - Three Seasides & Three Hills! EmptyMon Apr 15, 2013 9:32 pm

AndyA has just given my bike the once over so I should be flying on Saturday Very Happy
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Saturday 20th April - Three Seasides & Three Hills!   Saturday 20th April - Three Seasides & Three Hills! EmptyMon Apr 15, 2013 9:35 pm

aerobully wrote:
AndyA has just given my bike the once over so I should be flying on Saturday Very Happy

New bottom bracket or did that free play adjust out?
Back to top Go down
aerobully

aerobully

PostSubject: Re: Saturday 20th April - Three Seasides & Three Hills!   Saturday 20th April - Three Seasides & Three Hills! EmptyMon Apr 15, 2013 9:38 pm

martin wrote:
aerobully wrote:

New bottom bracket or did that free play adjust out?

New bottom bracket required which is fair enough as I have done in excess of 3000 miles on it with no maintenance at all and in all weathers. I needed a new chain as well so I shall fit that when it arrives and put my 12-28 cassette back on which i bought last year and used for about 200 miles.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Saturday 20th April - Three Seasides & Three Hills!   Saturday 20th April - Three Seasides & Three Hills! EmptyMon Apr 15, 2013 9:45 pm

Don't suppose you'd consider lending PeterP your 32 tooth cassette for the Medio fondo... He's just fitted a new compact chainset but I think would like a lower ratio available for Crowcombe..............
Back to top Go down
aerobully

aerobully

PostSubject: Re: Saturday 20th April - Three Seasides & Three Hills!   Saturday 20th April - Three Seasides & Three Hills! EmptyMon Apr 15, 2013 9:48 pm

martin wrote:
Don't suppose you'd consider lending PeterP your 32 tooth cassette for the Medio fondo... He's just fitted a new compact chainset but I think would like a lower ratio available for Crowcombe..............

When is he doing it?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Saturday 20th April - Three Seasides & Three Hills!   Saturday 20th April - Three Seasides & Three Hills! EmptyMon Apr 15, 2013 9:52 pm

May 5th.............
Back to top Go down
aerobully

aerobully

PostSubject: Re: Saturday 20th April - Three Seasides & Three Hills!   Saturday 20th April - Three Seasides & Three Hills! EmptyMon Apr 15, 2013 9:56 pm

martin wrote:
May 5th.............

Ok, I'll see what condition it's in when I pick up the bike on Thursday.
Back to top Go down
bigsenior

bigsenior

PostSubject: Re: Saturday 20th April - Three Seasides & Three Hills!   Saturday 20th April - Three Seasides & Three Hills! EmptyMon Apr 15, 2013 10:05 pm

He bloody does eat daffodils you know!
Wild! I was livid!

Back to top Go down
http://bigsnr@yahoo.co.uk

PostSubject: Re: Saturday 20th April - Three Seasides & Three Hills!   Saturday 20th April - Three Seasides & Three Hills! EmptyMon Apr 15, 2013 10:12 pm

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Saturday 20th April - Three Seasides & Three Hills!   Saturday 20th April - Three Seasides & Three Hills! EmptyMon Apr 15, 2013 10:24 pm

martin .... think I may have a 10 speed with a big
first too ... I'll have a nose in the box of spares.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Saturday 20th April - Three Seasides & Three Hills!   Saturday 20th April - Three Seasides & Three Hills! Empty

Back to top Go down

Saturday 20th April - Three Seasides & Three Hills!
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next