Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  Log in  RegisterRegister  

Saturday 27th April - Lake & Cake!

Go down 
3 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
aerobully

aerobully

Saturday 27th April - Lake & Cake! Empty
PostSubject: Saturday 27th April - Lake & Cake!   Saturday 27th April - Lake & Cake! EmptySun Apr 21, 2013 7:33 pm

50 miler with a TT option around Chew Valley Lake. Plan to leave the start point @ 9.15am (near UWE) so anyone wishing to join from east Bristol we could be at the Willy Wicket pub for 9.35am approx. as we are taking the cycle track out through Warmley to Keynsham to get us into South Bristol.

Cake stop is Chew Valley Lake.

http://connect.garmin.com/course/3368714

Last edited by aerobully on Mon Apr 22, 2013 11:32 pm; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
http://www.linkedin.com/profile/view?id=5807558&authType=nam
Nick

PostSubject: Re: Saturday 27th April - Lake & Cake!   Saturday 27th April - Lake & Cake! EmptyMon Apr 22, 2013 8:05 am

I'm a maybe - although was assuming you'd be doing another long one Saturday as the jelly & ice cream ride the next day will be an easy one...
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Saturday 27th April - Lake & Cake!   Saturday 27th April - Lake & Cake! EmptyMon Apr 22, 2013 10:01 am

I'm up for this, especially as I won't be able to make the Sunday ride. Where is the Willy Wicket?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Saturday 27th April - Lake & Cake!   Saturday 27th April - Lake & Cake! EmptyMon Apr 22, 2013 10:08 am

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Saturday 27th April - Lake & Cake!   Saturday 27th April - Lake & Cake! EmptyMon Apr 22, 2013 10:21 am

Thanks John! Alternatively, perhaps I could wait for you at Warmley station on the cycle path?
Pete
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Saturday 27th April - Lake & Cake!   Saturday 27th April - Lake & Cake! EmptyMon Apr 22, 2013 10:28 am

I'd like to come and meet you at chew valley and then cycle back to Long Ashton with you - whereabouts will you be having cake and what time will you get there do you think?

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Saturday 27th April - Lake & Cake!   Saturday 27th April - Lake & Cake! EmptyMon Apr 22, 2013 11:03 am

I'm up for this ride. What time would u be at warmley station at as I live close to Kingswood and it would be easier for me to meet there?
Is it gonna be a very fast pace? I come off night shift that morning so it depends how fire calls I have had to how fast I mite be.
Wayne
Back to top Go down
aerobully

aerobully

PostSubject: Re: Saturday 27th April - Lake & Cake!   Saturday 27th April - Lake & Cake! EmptyMon Apr 22, 2013 5:58 pm

Nick wrote:
I'm a maybe - although was assuming you'd be doing another long one Saturday as the jelly & ice cream ride the next day will be an easy one...

I could easily add another 10 or so miles. What's everyone else think?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Saturday 27th April - Lake & Cake!   Saturday 27th April - Lake & Cake! EmptyMon Apr 22, 2013 6:01 pm

aerobully wrote:
Nick wrote:

I could easily add another 10 or so miles. What's everyone else think?

Fine by me
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Saturday 27th April - Lake & Cake!   Saturday 27th April - Lake & Cake! EmptyMon Apr 22, 2013 6:46 pm

aerobully wrote:
Plan to leave the start point @ 9.15am

http://connect.garmin.com/course/3368714

Now I've looked at the map! I had assumed start point was Bradley Stoke - but actually it's at the back of UWE. I can almost see that through my back window, so definitely better to meet you there!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Saturday 27th April - Lake & Cake!   Saturday 27th April - Lake & Cake! EmptyMon Apr 22, 2013 7:34 pm

Count me in Mark, another 10 is fine by me! (Quote of the day Saturday "Oi did you hit my car")
Back to top Go down
aerobully

aerobully

PostSubject: Re: Saturday 27th April - Lake & Cake!   Saturday 27th April - Lake & Cake! EmptyMon Apr 22, 2013 8:27 pm

shona wrote:
I'd like to come and meet you at chew valley and then cycle back to Long Ashton with you - whereabouts will you be having cake and what time will you get there do you think?

There is a cafe on the north side which I've been to with the club but not sure what its called. I'm going to adjust the route to add in a few miles before the cake stop so I'll give you an ETA for the cafe stop when I've plotted it.
Back to top Go down
aerobully

aerobully

PostSubject: Re: Saturday 27th April - Lake & Cake!   Saturday 27th April - Lake & Cake! EmptyMon Apr 22, 2013 8:28 pm

Spsage wrote:
Count me in Mark, another 10 is fine by me! (Quote of the day Saturday "Oi did you hit my car")

Next time you decide to have another uncontrolled dismount make sure that we have a camera ready Very Happy
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Saturday 27th April - Lake & Cake!   Saturday 27th April - Lake & Cake! EmptyMon Apr 22, 2013 8:30 pm

the cafe is part of the visitor centre
Back to top Go down
bigsenior

bigsenior

PostSubject: Re: Saturday 27th April - Lake & Cake!   Saturday 27th April - Lake & Cake! EmptyMon Apr 22, 2013 8:31 pm

Quick 'TT' around the lake before coffee and cake?
Back to top Go down
http://bigsnr@yahoo.co.uk

PostSubject: Re: Saturday 27th April - Lake & Cake!   Saturday 27th April - Lake & Cake! EmptyMon Apr 22, 2013 8:32 pm

Nice to sit outside there if the sun's shining Very Happy
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Saturday 27th April - Lake & Cake!   Saturday 27th April - Lake & Cake! EmptyMon Apr 22, 2013 9:42 pm

found it - Chew Valley Lake Tea Shop, who'd have thought
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Saturday 27th April - Lake & Cake!   Saturday 27th April - Lake & Cake! EmptyMon Apr 22, 2013 9:51 pm

bigsenior wrote:
Quick 'TT' around the lake before coffee and cake?

Obligatory old boy....
Back to top Go down
aerobully

aerobully

PostSubject: Re: Saturday 27th April - Lake & Cake!   Saturday 27th April - Lake & Cake! EmptyMon Apr 22, 2013 9:56 pm

Route now amended with an additional 10 miles (50 in total) which as a nice bonus includes the fantastic descent down from Bristol Airport to the A370 on Brockley Coombe Lane. 2-3 miles downhill and very fast Very Happy

Anyone wanting to do a lap of the lake whilst we are there can add a few extra miles!

ETA for cake stop is 11.15am
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Saturday 27th April - Lake & Cake!   Saturday 27th April - Lake & Cake! EmptyMon Apr 22, 2013 10:00 pm

aerobully wrote:
Route now amended with an additional 10 miles (50 in total) which as a nice bonus includes the fantastic descent down from Bristol Airport to the A370 on Brockley Coombe Lane. 2-3 miles downhill and very fast Very Happy

Anyone wanting to do a lap of the lake whilst we are there can add a few extra miles!

ETA for cake stop is 11.15am

Cool might even bring my new TT bike .......
Back to top Go down
bigsenior

bigsenior

PostSubject: Re: Saturday 27th April - Lake & Cake!   Saturday 27th April - Lake & Cake! EmptyMon Apr 22, 2013 10:15 pm

Saturday 27th April - Lake & Cake! Lotus_Bike_zps5bf9a664
Back to top Go down
http://bigsnr@yahoo.co.uk

PostSubject: Re: Saturday 27th April - Lake & Cake!   Saturday 27th April - Lake & Cake! EmptyMon Apr 22, 2013 10:16 pm

bigsenior wrote:
Saturday 27th April - Lake & Cake! Lotus_Bike_zps5bf9a664

oh that old thing...............
Back to top Go down
aerobully

aerobully

PostSubject: Re: Saturday 27th April - Lake & Cake!   Saturday 27th April - Lake & Cake! EmptyMon Apr 22, 2013 11:36 pm

highope wrote:
I'm up for this ride. What time would u be at warmley station at as I live close to Kingswood and it would be easier for me to meet there?
Is it gonna be a very fast pace? I come off night shift that morning so it depends how fire calls I have had to how fast I mite be.
Wayne

Pace is relatively moderate say 14-15mph but we tend to go as fast as the slowest person so no one gets dropped or lost!

If we're leaving the Willy Wicket at 9.35 I would estimate arriving at Warmley station around 9.50
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Saturday 27th April - Lake & Cake!   Saturday 27th April - Lake & Cake! EmptyTue Apr 23, 2013 11:15 am

sounds interesting...will try to hook up at Willy Wickett 9.35
Back to top Go down
Nick

PostSubject: Re: Saturday 27th April - Lake & Cake!   Saturday 27th April - Lake & Cake! EmptyTue Apr 23, 2013 11:48 am

I'll be heading from Bradley Stoke and will go via Costa about 8:50am if anyone wants to tag along to the UWE start
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Saturday 27th April - Lake & Cake!   Saturday 27th April - Lake & Cake! Empty

Back to top Go down

Saturday 27th April - Lake & Cake!
Page 1 of 3Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next