HomeHome  Log in  RegisterRegister  

Plea for 50/60 milers

Go down 
AuthorMessage

Plea for 50/60 milers Empty
PostSubject: Plea for 50/60 milers   Plea for 50/60 milers EmptySun Apr 28, 2013 9:40 pm

After talking to some people today we agreed that 50 - 60 mile rides would be very welcome as a practice to bridge the gap between fruity cake rides and 100 milers. The caveat is that to start with they shouldn't be too hard (I.e. not hilly) so that novices like me could progress slowly.

So if there are kind souls out there who would like to organise those sort of rides on Saturdays or even bank holiday 6 May that would be fantastic.

Could I also ask people who post rides to indicate difficulty level please - it will save me pestering people about suitability.

Many thanks sunny
Back to top Go down
clifton9

clifton9

PostSubject: Re: Plea for 50/60 milers   Plea for 50/60 milers EmptyTue May 07, 2013 7:55 pm

Hi Stella,

I know where you are coming from, I would like to ride 50/60 mile rides with no hills , BUT I find that the more Scott challenges us with the steep stuff, the more I enjoy the improvement, It has to be said that our glorious leader is not the fastest climber so it is not as if we have to worry about being the last to the top, the one thing for sure is that
no one will be left behind or dropped which is the great feature of our club and its fantastic ride leaders,

Having said that, Im sure if you post up a ride suggestion for an alternative less vertical route, you would not be riding alone or upsetting anyone.

Back to top Go down
http://www.centrelineair.co.uk
bigsenior

bigsenior

PostSubject: Re: Plea for 50/60 milers   Plea for 50/60 milers EmptyTue May 07, 2013 8:04 pm

" It has to be said that our glorious leader is not the fastest climber so it is not as if we have to worry about being the last to the top, the one thing for sure is that ......"
I resemble that remark! Very Happy

As more in the club are getting more knowledge of the roads then I am sure this type of ride will develop.I am in discussions with a couple of members at the moment to see if we can sort something along these lines.

This from the girl who cracked Mumbleys last week after only a few months of riding with us. Oh and the Almondsbury zig zag

Back to top Go down
http://bigsnr@yahoo.co.uk
clifton9

clifton9

PostSubject: Re: Plea for 50/60 milers   Plea for 50/60 milers EmptyTue May 07, 2013 8:14 pm

Which bit did you resemble the fact that your a great ride leader or a poo climber or possibly a serious cake consumer

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Plea for 50/60 milers   Plea for 50/60 milers EmptyTue May 07, 2013 8:20 pm

I shall have to have a look at some maps and
see what sort of route I can conjure up :)
Back to top Go down
bigsenior

bigsenior

PostSubject: Re: Plea for 50/60 milers   Plea for 50/60 milers EmptyTue May 07, 2013 8:26 pm

We are still waiting for you to actually lead a ride as opposed to riding in the front and going wrong.
Why not have a go ? I can lend you a Garmin 705 or I will buy you a map!
It's not that hard and you should know most of the flat routes by now!

Back to top Go down
clifton9

clifton9

PostSubject: Re: Plea for 50/60 milers   Plea for 50/60 milers EmptyTue May 07, 2013 8:36 pm

I would love to lead a ride BUT I am always on call so can never actually commit to being at a given place and time. and of course I am a bit of a tosser.

So meanwhile I will carry on doing my getting lost and having fun thing until I can retire.

I have been riding for at least 25years and Sundays ride is right up there with the best.

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Plea for 50/60 milers   Plea for 50/60 milers EmptyTue May 07, 2013 9:29 pm

clifton9 wrote:
Hi Stella,

I know where you are coming from, I would like to ride 50/60 mile rides with no hills , BUT I find that the more Scott challenges us with the steep stuff, the more I enjoy the improvement

That's a good point and I totally agree. Every ride should have some 'challenges' thrown in.

Scott, I'm very grateful for your efforts and hope that some kind souls will take a pity on the likes of me and come up with some not toooooo hard rides.

P.s. our glorious leader IS NOT slowest climber No .... As long as I'm around sunny
Back to top Go down
aerobully

aerobully

PostSubject: Re: Plea for 50/60 milers   Plea for 50/60 milers EmptyTue May 07, 2013 9:33 pm

Rocketgirl9 wrote:
clifton9 wrote:
Hi Stella,

I know where you are coming from, I would like to ride 50/60 mile rides with no hills , BUT I find that the more Scott challenges us with the steep stuff, the more I enjoy the improvement

That's a good point and I totally agree. Every ride should have some 'challenges' thrown in.

Scott, I'm very grateful for your efforts and hope that some kind souls will take a pity on the likes of me and come up with some not toooooo hard rides.

P.s. our glorious leader IS NOT slowest climber No .... As long as I'm around sunny

Just posted one just for you!
Back to top Go down
http://www.linkedin.com/profile/view?id=5807558&authType=nam

PostSubject: Re: Plea for 50/60 milers   Plea for 50/60 milers EmptyTue May 07, 2013 9:36 pm

I thought he was Illustrious, when did he become Glorious and is that a promotion? If he starts referring to himself in the third person I'm out of here............ That's how it all started with Caligula you know . affraid
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Plea for 50/60 milers   Plea for 50/60 milers EmptyTue May 07, 2013 9:40 pm

aerobully wrote:

Just posted one just for you!

Yey! Just saw. Thank you
Back to top Go down
clifton9

clifton9

PostSubject: Re: Plea for 50/60 milers   Plea for 50/60 milers EmptyTue May 07, 2013 9:44 pm

There is no room for 3 of him , lets just stay with first person glorious as he already has the uniform and his bike painted red.

I feel a ban coming on ! hope its you.
Back to top Go down
bigsenior

bigsenior

PostSubject: Re: Plea for 50/60 milers   Plea for 50/60 milers EmptyTue May 07, 2013 9:44 pm

One thinks one should behave

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Plea for 50/60 milers   Plea for 50/60 milers EmptyTue May 07, 2013 9:57 pm

clifton9 wrote:
There is no room for 3 of him , lets just stay with first person glorious as he already has the uniform and his bike painted red.

I feel a ban coming on ! hope its you.

On no not the pub and the club in the same week......... Sad
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Plea for 50/60 milers   Plea for 50/60 milers Empty

Back to top Go down

Plea for 50/60 milers
Page 1 of 1