HomeHome  Log in  RegisterRegister  

Saturday 25th May - Two Large Bumps and a Deli!

Go down 
AuthorMessage
aerobully

aerobully

Saturday 25th May - Two Large Bumps and a Deli! Empty
PostSubject: Saturday 25th May - Two Large Bumps and a Deli!   Saturday 25th May - Two Large Bumps and a Deli! EmptySat May 18, 2013 4:37 pm

A few of you requested that we go across the bridge into Wales (well just Steve then) so how about this route for next Saturday. We get to do a bit of climbing before dropping down an awesome descent to one of the best cafe stops I've been to whilst cycling - The Red Door Deli & Diner in Mitchel Troy near Monmouth.

http://www.thereddoordeli.co.uk/index.html

Don't forget your passport!

http://connect.garmin.com/course/3628937

Meet at Subway, Bradley Stoke @ 8.45am for a 9.00am departure
Back to top Go down
http://www.linkedin.com/profile/view?id=5807558&authType=nam

PostSubject: Re: Saturday 25th May - Two Large Bumps and a Deli!   Saturday 25th May - Two Large Bumps and a Deli! EmptySat May 18, 2013 5:11 pm

Can't miss an opportunity to ride on home soil; providing work doesn't appear, I am most certainly in.
Back to top Go down
andy williams

PostSubject: Re: Saturday 25th May - Two Large Bumps and a Deli!   Saturday 25th May - Two Large Bumps and a Deli! EmptySat May 18, 2013 5:20 pm

i've not ventured over the bridge on aride,so count me in for this one !!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Saturday 25th May - Two Large Bumps and a Deli!   Saturday 25th May - Two Large Bumps and a Deli! EmptySun May 19, 2013 1:24 pm

Hi Mark
Count me in !!

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Saturday 25th May - Two Large Bumps and a Deli!   Saturday 25th May - Two Large Bumps and a Deli! EmptyMon May 20, 2013 12:53 pm

I love the Monmouth Ride. The Wye Valley Warrior was spectacular yesterday and a VERY lumpy 66 miles it was too with stunning views and fab weather. Im sure you will be able to locate it on Garmin, if not its on my Strava ride list - a definite one to add to the NBCC weekend ride list.

Karen Very Happy
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Two large bumps and a deli   Saturday 25th May - Two Large Bumps and a Deli! EmptyMon May 20, 2013 2:35 pm

Naaa don't fancy it!!! Haaa
Me and my big mouth!!!! affraid
See ya Saturday!!!
Back to top Go down
aerobully

aerobully

PostSubject: Re: Saturday 25th May - Two Large Bumps and a Deli!   Saturday 25th May - Two Large Bumps and a Deli! EmptyMon May 20, 2013 6:30 pm

Karen wrote:
I love the Monmouth Ride. The Wye Valley Warrior was spectacular yesterday and a VERY lumpy 66 miles it was too with stunning views and fab weather. Im sure you will be able to locate it on Garmin, if not its on my Strava ride list - a definite one to add to the NBCC weekend ride list.

Karen Very Happy

We are doing parts of the Warrior route on Saturday which as you say are lumpy but the descent down toward Monmouth with a great cafe stop at the bottom should provide the right kind of motivation. I have the full warrior route saved as the Wye Valley Warrior plus as it is plotted from Costa Coffee and is about 88 miles with around 6000 feet of climbing so I'll save that for a little later in the season Very Happy
Back to top Go down
aerobully

aerobully

PostSubject: Re: Saturday 25th May - Two Large Bumps and a Deli!   Saturday 25th May - Two Large Bumps and a Deli! EmptyMon May 20, 2013 6:31 pm

Spsage wrote:
Naaa don't fancy it!!! Haaa
Me and my big mouth!!!! affraid
See ya Saturday!!!

Be careful what you ask for. It's amazing what you can create with a mouse and some planning software Smile
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Saturday 25th May - Two Large Bumps and a Deli!   Saturday 25th May - Two Large Bumps and a Deli! EmptyMon May 20, 2013 6:32 pm

aerobully wrote:
Karen wrote:

Karen Very Happy

We are doing parts of the Warrior route on Saturday which as you say are lumpy but the descent down toward Monmouth with a great cafe stop at the bottom should provide the right kind of motivation. I have the full warrior route saved as the Wye Valley Warrior plus as it is plotted from Costa Coffee and is about 88 miles with around 6000 feet of climbing so I'll save that for a little later in the season Very Happy

No ,,No you've been told........... Exclamation
Back to top Go down
bigsenior

bigsenior

PostSubject: Re: Saturday 25th May - Two Large Bumps and a Deli!   Saturday 25th May - Two Large Bumps and a Deli! EmptyMon May 20, 2013 6:33 pm

Mark, you are getting as evil as me .Keep up the good work Twisted Evil

Back to top Go down
http://bigsnr@yahoo.co.uk
aerobully

aerobully

PostSubject: Re: Saturday 25th May - Two Large Bumps and a Deli!   Saturday 25th May - Two Large Bumps and a Deli! EmptyMon May 20, 2013 6:35 pm

bigsenior wrote:
Mark, you are getting as evil as me .Keep up the good work Twisted Evil

I have a good coach Laughing
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Saturday 25th May - Two Large Bumps and a Deli!   Saturday 25th May - Two Large Bumps and a Deli! EmptyMon May 20, 2013 6:38 pm

The Red Door know that you are coming. I let them know yesterday when I dropped in for a quick coffee, albeit via a slightly different route.

As a regular there I can confirm, the Carrot Cake is sublime and worth the climbing alone. My favourite cafe stop.
Back to top Go down
aerobully

aerobully

PostSubject: Re: Saturday 25th May - Two Large Bumps and a Deli!   Saturday 25th May - Two Large Bumps and a Deli! EmptyMon May 20, 2013 6:40 pm

Scaramanga wrote:
The Red Door know that you are coming. I let them know yesterday when I dropped in for a quick coffee, albeit via a slightly different route.

As a regular there I can confirm, the Carrot Cake is sublime and worth the climbing alone. My favourite cafe stop.

Cheers Dave, we will need looking after by the time we get there.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Saturday 25th May - Two Large Bumps and a Deli!   Saturday 25th May - Two Large Bumps and a Deli! EmptyMon May 20, 2013 6:47 pm

aerobully wrote:
Scaramanga wrote:

Cheers Dave, we will need looking after by the time we get there.

You are welcome. Have fun and make sure you leave some cake for me as I will be going over there again on Sunday.
Back to top Go down
Nick

PostSubject: Re: Saturday 25th May - Two Large Bumps and a Deli!   Saturday 25th May - Two Large Bumps and a Deli! EmptyMon May 20, 2013 10:35 pm

Hoping I can make this but might be away Sad Can you post your 88 miler sometime Mark, interested in what that looks like for a future ride (as I bailed on the Warrior due to duff legs...)
Back to top Go down
aerobully

aerobully

PostSubject: Re: Saturday 25th May - Two Large Bumps and a Deli!   Saturday 25th May - Two Large Bumps and a Deli! EmptyMon May 20, 2013 10:48 pm

Nick wrote:
Hoping I can make this but might be away Sad Can you post your 88 miler sometime Mark, interested in what that looks like for a future ride (as I bailed on the Warrior due to duff legs...)

Here you go. http://connect.garmin.com/course/3644671
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Saturday 25th May - Two Large Bumps and a Deli!   Saturday 25th May - Two Large Bumps and a Deli! EmptyWed May 22, 2013 10:00 pm

What time do you anticipate getting to Red door? I was thinking of meeting there and riding back with you .
Back to top Go down
aerobully

aerobully

PostSubject: Re: Saturday 25th May - Two Large Bumps and a Deli!   Saturday 25th May - Two Large Bumps and a Deli! EmptyWed May 22, 2013 10:19 pm

martin wrote:

What time do you anticipate getting to Red door? I was thinking of meeting there and riding back with you .

11ish
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Saturday 25th May - Two Large Bumps and a Deli!   Saturday 25th May - Two Large Bumps and a Deli! EmptyWed May 22, 2013 10:28 pm

OK see you there and stop calling me ish..............
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Saturday 25th May - Two Large Bumps and a Deli!   Saturday 25th May - Two Large Bumps and a Deli! EmptyThu May 23, 2013 1:54 pm

im away on my hols this weekend , ......gutted looking forward to a ride over the bridge !.
oh well see u all next time.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Saturday 25th May - Two Large Bumps and a Deli!   Saturday 25th May - Two Large Bumps and a Deli! EmptyThu May 23, 2013 9:48 pm

Looking forward to not paying to cross the bridge!!! this is the only ride and can do this weekend so best get the most out of it I love you
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Saturday 25th May - Two Large Bumps and a Deli!   Saturday 25th May - Two Large Bumps and a Deli! EmptyThu May 23, 2013 11:25 pm

Put me down for this one.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Saturday 25th May - Two Large Bumps and a Deli!   Saturday 25th May - Two Large Bumps and a Deli! EmptySat May 25, 2013 6:36 am

What a beautiful morning, gutted to miss all the rides this weekend whilst stuck in work, particularly fancied the Monmouth trek. Have fun everybody.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Saturday 25th May - Two Large Bumps and a Deli!   Saturday 25th May - Two Large Bumps and a Deli! Empty

Back to top Go down

Saturday 25th May - Two Large Bumps and a Deli!
Page 1 of 1