Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  Log in  RegisterRegister  

Saturday 7th September- Clevedon for Cake

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
aerobully

aerobully

Saturday 7th September- Clevedon for Cake Empty
PostSubject: Saturday 7th September- Clevedon for Cake   Saturday 7th September- Clevedon for Cake EmptySun Sep 01, 2013 7:14 pm

As we have a fairly hilly ride on Sunday I thought we would go for a slightly flatter route on Saturday with a couple of cheeky climbs thrown in just to justify the cake at the stop.

Meet: Costa Coffee, Bradley Stoke 9.00am
Depart: 9.15am

The route: http://ridewithgps.com/routes/3252634

The cake stop: Scarletts Cafe Click for more info
Back to top Go down
http://www.linkedin.com/profile/view?id=5807558&authType=nam
Jimmyb88

Jimmyb88

PostSubject: Re: Saturday 7th September- Clevedon for Cake   Saturday 7th September- Clevedon for Cake EmptySun Sep 01, 2013 7:56 pm

I will be out Saturday, just a heads up about clevedon lane, they are sorting the road out so there are loose chippings. Had a few moments on that road earlier. Hopefully should be sorted for Saturday.
Back to top Go down
aerobully

aerobully

PostSubject: Re: Saturday 7th September- Clevedon for Cake   Saturday 7th September- Clevedon for Cake EmptySun Sep 01, 2013 8:14 pm

Jimmyb88 wrote:
I will be out Saturday, just a heads up about clevedon lane, they are sorting the road out so there are loose chippings. Had a few moments on that road earlier. Hopefully should be sorted for Saturday.
We could always divert north to the B3124 if need be
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Saturday 7th September- Clevedon for Cake   Saturday 7th September- Clevedon for Cake EmptySun Sep 01, 2013 9:34 pm

DO NOT use the B3124 if there are more than 6 of you ... traffic can be hideous, careless
and very aggressive along there. Had my elbow tapped more than once and that's riding
solo .... Used the lane Friday and it's passable with some care :)
Back to top Go down
aerobully

aerobully

PostSubject: Re: Saturday 7th September- Clevedon for Cake   Saturday 7th September- Clevedon for Cake EmptySun Sep 01, 2013 9:49 pm

john m wrote:
DO NOT use the B3124 if there are more than 6 of you ... traffic can be hideous, careless
and very aggressive along there. Had my elbow tapped more than once and that's riding
solo .... Used the lane Friday and it's passable with some care Smile
Thanks John guess I'll stick to the original plan Very Happy 
Back to top Go down
ricky G

ricky G

PostSubject: Re: Saturday 7th September- Clevedon for Cake   Saturday 7th September- Clevedon for Cake EmptySun Sep 01, 2013 10:52 pm

I am in
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Saturday 7th September- Clevedon for Cake   Saturday 7th September- Clevedon for Cake EmptyMon Sep 02, 2013 6:24 pm

hi Guys
Mind if I join you on this one.
Back to top Go down
aerobully

aerobully

PostSubject: Re: Saturday 7th September- Clevedon for Cake   Saturday 7th September- Clevedon for Cake EmptyMon Sep 02, 2013 6:31 pm

soslow wrote:
hi Guys
Mind if I join you on this one.
No worries, see you on Saturday.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Saturday 7th September- Clevedon for Cake   Saturday 7th September- Clevedon for Cake EmptyTue Sep 03, 2013 10:53 am

Back in the saddle for this one, anyone else heading up from Emersons direction ?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Saturday 7th-Clevedon for Cake   Saturday 7th September- Clevedon for Cake EmptyThu Sep 05, 2013 11:46 am

Count me in for this one.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Saturday 7th September- Clevedon for Cake   Saturday 7th September- Clevedon for Cake EmptyThu Sep 05, 2013 11:09 pm

Fordy5,
I shall be cycling thro Emersons Green on route to Costa, what time would you want to meet?
Back to top Go down
ricky G

ricky G

PostSubject: Re: Saturday 7th September- Clevedon for Cake   Saturday 7th September- Clevedon for Cake EmptyThu Sep 05, 2013 11:25 pm

I am happy to meet people at Hambrook lights on route
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Saturday 7th September- Clevedon for Cake   Saturday 7th September- Clevedon for Cake EmptyFri Sep 06, 2013 11:31 am

StevieS / Ricky - How about by The Beefeater @ 0830 then up to Hambrook lights for about 0835 ?

Rich

Back to top Go down
ricky G

ricky G

PostSubject: Re: Saturday 7th September- Clevedon for Cake   Saturday 7th September- Clevedon for Cake EmptyFri Sep 06, 2013 11:35 am

See you at 8:35 Hambrook lights
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Saturday 7th September- Clevedon for Cake   Saturday 7th September- Clevedon for Cake EmptyFri Sep 06, 2013 2:18 pm

I shall be at Costa by 9am!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Saturday 7th September- Clevedon for Cake   Saturday 7th September- Clevedon for Cake EmptyFri Sep 06, 2013 7:15 pm

Rich

The beefeater for 8:30 it is

Steve
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Saturday 7th September- Clevedon for Cake   Saturday 7th September- Clevedon for Cake EmptyFri Sep 06, 2013 7:41 pm

I should hopefully be making this
Back to top Go down
the_mikey

the_mikey

PostSubject: Re: Saturday 7th September- Clevedon for Cake   Saturday 7th September- Clevedon for Cake EmptyFri Sep 06, 2013 9:40 pm

I'm considering it, but I am lacking any immediate motivation to commit to this ride. Maybe I'll see you all tomorrow. Suspect 
Back to top Go down
http://www.strava.com/athletes/144979
aerobully

aerobully

PostSubject: Re: Saturday 7th September- Clevedon for Cake   Saturday 7th September- Clevedon for Cake EmptyFri Sep 06, 2013 9:53 pm

the_mikey wrote:
 I'm considering it, but I am lacking any immediate motivation to commit to this ride. Maybe I'll see you all tomorrow. Suspect 
All you need to know is that the food at Scarlett's is very good and what better place to be on a Saturday morning than eating cake with a view of the sea Smile

Last edited by aerobully on Fri Sep 06, 2013 9:59 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
the_mikey

the_mikey

PostSubject: Re: Saturday 7th September- Clevedon for Cake   Saturday 7th September- Clevedon for Cake EmptyFri Sep 06, 2013 9:55 pm

aerobully wrote:
the_mikey wrote:
All your need to know is that the food at Scarlett's is very good and what better place to be on a Saturday morning eating cake with a view of the sea Smile 
I have very little resistance to tea and cake, so I guess I'll see you all tomorrow then! cheers 
Back to top Go down
http://www.strava.com/athletes/144979
aerobully

aerobully

PostSubject: Re: Saturday 7th September- Clevedon for Cake   Saturday 7th September- Clevedon for Cake EmptyFri Sep 06, 2013 9:56 pm

the_mikey wrote:
aerobully wrote:
the_mikey wrote:
All your need to know is that the food at Scarlett's is very good and what better place to be on a Saturday morning eating cake with a view of the sea Smile 
I have very little resistance to tea and cake, so I guess I'll see you all tomorrow then! cheers 
nice one Cool 
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Saturday 7th September- Clevedon for Cake   Saturday 7th September- Clevedon for Cake EmptySat Sep 07, 2013 7:07 am

beware the eggs benedict ... far too nice :)
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Saturday 7th September- Clevedon for Cake   Saturday 7th September- Clevedon for Cake EmptySat Sep 07, 2013 12:15 pm

Sorry I couldn't make it. I was called out for work at 2:30, didn't get back till 6:00 and didn't think I could make the journey. Was very tempted to tag on when I saw you at the top of Bradley Stoke, but glad I didn't as I was dead after the 30 miles I did.

Hope you all had a good ride.

Time for an afternoon kip now.  Sleep
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Saturday 7th September- Clevedon for Cake   Saturday 7th September- Clevedon for Cake Empty

Back to top Go down

Saturday 7th September- Clevedon for Cake
Page 1 of 1