HomeHome  Log in  RegisterRegister  

Saturday 21st September - Yatton via Nempnett

Go down 
AuthorMessage
aerobully

aerobully

Saturday 21st September - Yatton via Nempnett Empty
PostSubject: Saturday 21st September - Yatton via Nempnett   Saturday 21st September - Yatton via Nempnett EmptySun Sep 15, 2013 8:36 pm

This Saturday we are off to our favourite cafe stop next to the train station at Yatton. On the way we are going to try out a few new roads south of Bristol and a couple of changes of elevation to make room for the bacon sandwich or slice of cake or both. Very Happy 

Leaving start point behind UWE @ 9.00am

Leaving Kellaway Builders Merchants @ 9.20am

The route: http://ridewithgps.com/routes/3360679

The cafe stop: Strawberry Line Cafe
Back to top Go down
http://www.linkedin.com/profile/view?id=5807558&authType=nam

PostSubject: Re: Saturday 21st September - Yatton via Nempnett   Saturday 21st September - Yatton via Nempnett EmptySun Sep 15, 2013 8:44 pm

So next weekend will be hills or hills? x_x Fiiiine. I'll be on this one.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Saturday 21st September - Yatton via Nempnett   Saturday 21st September - Yatton via Nempnett EmptySun Sep 15, 2013 9:02 pm

Wraxall hill !!!! and as for the bit from km30 to 32 .... Yikes ... Mark Bull you're an evil man ... :)

lovely route and I'm trying to get a pass for this and the Sunday ride .... keep your fingers crossed for me !

Last edited by john m on Sun Sep 15, 2013 9:04 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
aerobully

aerobully

PostSubject: Re: Saturday 21st September - Yatton via Nempnett   Saturday 21st September - Yatton via Nempnett EmptySun Sep 15, 2013 9:04 pm

john m wrote:
Wraxall hill !!!!  ... Mark Bull you're an evil man ... Smile
I was going to put Belmont Hill in but thought better of it Twisted Evil 
Back to top Go down
bigsenior

bigsenior

PostSubject: Re: Saturday 21st September - Yatton via Nempnett   Saturday 21st September - Yatton via Nempnett EmptySun Sep 15, 2013 9:18 pm

Getting soft Mark?

Back to top Go down
http://bigsnr@yahoo.co.uk
aerobully

aerobully

PostSubject: Re: Saturday 21st September - Yatton via Nempnett   Saturday 21st September - Yatton via Nempnett EmptySun Sep 15, 2013 9:42 pm

bigsenior wrote:
Getting soft Mark?
It's an age thing Embarassed 
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Saturday 21st September - Yatton via Nempnett   Saturday 21st September - Yatton via Nempnett EmptyTue Sep 17, 2013 4:14 pm

bummer ... no riding passes available this weekend :(
Back to top Go down
andy williams

PostSubject: Re: Saturday 21st September - Yatton via Nempnett   Saturday 21st September - Yatton via Nempnett EmptyTue Sep 17, 2013 8:52 pm

Winterbourne division signing on,see you saturday el-capitan. cheers 
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Saturday 21st September - Yatton via Nempnett   Saturday 21st September - Yatton via Nempnett EmptyTue Sep 17, 2013 9:28 pm

wooop a ride starting by my house again, on a saturday and its set to be a dry day, just perfect!Cool 
Back to top Go down
Scott.A

Scott.A

PostSubject: Re: Saturday 21st September - Yatton via Nempnett   Saturday 21st September - Yatton via Nempnett EmptyTue Sep 17, 2013 9:32 pm

Mmmmm could be a day with my Cento sunny 
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Saturday 21st September - Yatton via Nempnett   Saturday 21st September - Yatton via Nempnett EmptyTue Sep 17, 2013 10:49 pm

I can't come on Sunday unfortunately so will have to make sure I come out for this - it's been well over a month since I've been free for a ride! Decent route and hills look like a challenge too, one question about start location though - I don't know the area well and it looks to be slightly down a cycle path? Any pointers how to find the it would help Smile  (I know how to get to the road behind UWE) thanks!
Back to top Go down
aerobully

aerobully

PostSubject: Re: Saturday 21st September - Yatton via Nempnett   Saturday 21st September - Yatton via Nempnett EmptyTue Sep 17, 2013 11:27 pm

Victor wrote:
I can't come on Sunday unfortunately so will have to make sure I come out for this - it's been well over a month since I've been free for a ride!  Decent route and hills look like a challenge too, one question about start location though - I don't know the area well and it looks to be slightly down a cycle path?  Any pointers how to find the it would help Smile  (I know how to get to the road behind UWE) thanks!
If you click the following link it will give you a map of the area. I'm assuming you'll be coming down Coldharbour Lane from the A4174 which takes you past the UWE on your right. Go straight over the roundabout and you'll pass the cemetary on your left and then take the next right where you'll see signs for Redow Homes. Follow this road (Long Down Avenue) and eventually you'll see a park/kids playground on your right after about a mile and we will be there.

http://www.openstreetmap.org/#map=15/51.4962/-2.5540
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Yatton   Saturday 21st September - Yatton via Nempnett EmptyWed Sep 18, 2013 3:47 pm

Looks like a nice route I'm in!! Now you've mentioned it, why not throw in this Belmont hill???
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Saturday 21st September - Yatton via Nempnett   Saturday 21st September - Yatton via Nempnett EmptyWed Sep 18, 2013 4:16 pm

Thanks for the directions Mark, weather is settling down nicely for this weekend so should be a nice ride.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Saturday 21st September - Yatton via Nempnett   Saturday 21st September - Yatton via Nempnett EmptyWed Sep 18, 2013 6:12 pm

Spsage wrote:
Looks like a nice route I'm in!! Now you've mentioned it, why not throw in this Belmont hill???
With Mark's route you'd not be able to do both hills ..... and Wraxall is more of a "challenge" :)
Back to top Go down
aerobully

aerobully

PostSubject: Re: Saturday 21st September - Yatton via Nempnett   Saturday 21st September - Yatton via Nempnett EmptyWed Sep 18, 2013 8:43 pm

john m wrote:
Spsage wrote:
With Mark's route you'd not be able to do both hills ..... and Wraxall is more of a "challenge" Smile
I'm getting worried now. Do I need an electric motor to help me up Wraxall?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Yatton   Saturday 21st September - Yatton via Nempnett EmptyWed Sep 18, 2013 8:56 pm

Think Wrexham not wraxall then you've got nothing to worry about haaa
Back to top Go down
bigsenior

bigsenior

PostSubject: Re: Saturday 21st September - Yatton via Nempnett   Saturday 21st September - Yatton via Nempnett EmptyWed Sep 18, 2013 9:07 pm

Wrexham? Well it didn't do them much good!

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Saturday 21st September - Yatton via Nempnett   Saturday 21st September - Yatton via Nempnett EmptyWed Sep 18, 2013 9:45 pm

bigsenior wrote:
Wrexham? Well it didn't do them much good!

BOOM TISH !!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Back to top Go down
bigsenior

bigsenior

PostSubject: Re: Saturday 21st September - Yatton via Nempnett   Saturday 21st September - Yatton via Nempnett EmptyThu Sep 19, 2013 2:29 pm

I thank you!Very Happy 
The old ones are always the best (I should know being one of the old ones)

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Saturday 21st September - Yatton via Nempnett   Saturday 21st September - Yatton via Nempnett EmptyThu Sep 19, 2013 5:37 pm

aerobully wrote:
john m wrote:
Spsage wrote:
With Mark's route you'd not be able to do both hills ..... and Wraxall is more of a "challenge" :)
I'm getting worried now. Do I need an electric motor to help me up Wraxall?
You'll be fine ... :affraid: 
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Saturday 21st September - Yatton via Nempnett   Saturday 21st September - Yatton via Nempnett EmptyFri Sep 20, 2013 9:25 am

I am in Smile
See you tomorrow.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Saturday 21st September - Yatton via Nempnett   Saturday 21st September - Yatton via Nempnett EmptySat Sep 21, 2013 8:44 am

I now can't make this, gutted! I'll definitely be out for the next club ride asap. Hopefully do the route again soon so I can try the hills!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Saturday 21st September - Yatton via Nempnett   Saturday 21st September - Yatton via Nempnett EmptySat Sep 21, 2013 8:45 am

I now can't make this, gutted! I'll definitely be out for the next club ride asap. Hopefully do the route again soon so I can try the hills!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Saturday 21st September - Yatton via Nempnett   Saturday 21st September - Yatton via Nempnett Empty

Back to top Go down

Saturday 21st September - Yatton via Nempnett
Page 1 of 1