HomeHome  Log in  RegisterRegister  

Saturday 16th [Afternoon] - Tintern

Go down 
AuthorMessage
DaveE

DaveE

Saturday 16th [Afternoon] - Tintern Empty
PostSubject: Saturday 16th [Afternoon] - Tintern   Saturday 16th [Afternoon] - Tintern EmptyThu Aug 14, 2014 7:19 pm

I'm working Saturday morning so will be going out in the afternoon instead. Borrowing a ride that's been listed on the forums that I've been meaning to do as a bit of a challenge for a while. Feel free to join me.

Starting from Passage Road, near the junction with Bridge Access Road in Aust (start point as indicated on route map - parking available here). It's a hilly excursion to Tintern via Shirenewton, just over 30 miles and about 3,000ft of climbing.

Meeting at start point for 3pm start.

http://ridewithgps.com/routes/5647731

Gentle pace, no cafe stop, but plan to take a breather at Tintern.
Back to top Go down
bigsenior

bigsenior

PostSubject: Re: Saturday 16th [Afternoon] - Tintern   Saturday 16th [Afternoon] - Tintern EmptyThu Aug 14, 2014 7:50 pm

Ah this was the one were were going to have a crack at last week but due to Biblical rain we did a shorter version.
Watch the down hill into Tintern. Or if you are not stopping for eats then you could peel of at mile 21 ish and take Deveauden Road and pick route back up at mile 27.5
Go easy and have a good un.

Back to top Go down
http://bigsnr@yahoo.co.uk

PostSubject: Re: Saturday 16th [Afternoon] - Tintern   Saturday 16th [Afternoon] - Tintern EmptyFri Aug 15, 2014 10:21 am

I intend to join you on this ride subject to 2 provisos: 1 I don't get shot down by Basque Separatists on my way back to Blighty and 2 I don't fall into a 24 hour catatonic-like sleep as soon as I get home.

PS I can't open the route on my Hudl, is this an Android problem or is your route 'private' ?
Back to top Go down
DaveE

DaveE

PostSubject: Re: Saturday 16th [Afternoon] - Tintern   Saturday 16th [Afternoon] - Tintern EmptyFri Aug 15, 2014 10:52 am

Can't make any guarantees unfortunately... does it happen often? ... and the route is public.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Saturday 16th [Afternoon] - Tintern   Saturday 16th [Afternoon] - Tintern Empty

Back to top Go down

Saturday 16th [Afternoon] - Tintern
Page 1 of 1