HomeHome  Log in  RegisterRegister  

Sunday 3rd July

Go down 
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage

Sunday 3rd July Empty
PostSubject: Sunday 3rd July   Sunday 3rd July EmptyMon Jun 20, 2011 9:36 am

I'm up for a ride. Fancy Tintern but don't know the route. Any interest ? Weather looks good but again a little windy !
Back to top Go down

Sunday 3rd July Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sunday 3rd July   Sunday 3rd July EmptyMon Jun 20, 2011 10:33 am

could be tempted if it's not too early a start !
Back to top Go down

Sunday 3rd July Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sunday 3rd July   Sunday 3rd July EmptyMon Jun 20, 2011 11:32 am

Normal 9am start from Tesco or meet by the bridge 9.30 ?

Open to suggestions.
Back to top Go down

Sunday 3rd July Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sunday 3rd July   Sunday 3rd July EmptyMon Jun 20, 2011 11:55 am

hhmmm ... too early for me then :-(
Have a good un though !
Back to top Go down
the whippet

the whippet

Sunday 3rd July Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sunday 3rd July   Sunday 3rd July EmptyMon Jun 20, 2011 9:42 pm

I'm up for it, don't mind where we start, not to sure of the route either.
Back to top Go down
bigsenior

bigsenior

Sunday 3rd July Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sunday 3rd July   Sunday 3rd July EmptyMon Jun 20, 2011 11:01 pm

Back to top Go down
http://bigsnr@yahoo.co.uk

Sunday 3rd July Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sunday 3rd July   Sunday 3rd July EmptyTue Jun 21, 2011 8:13 am

9am Tesco.
Back to top Go down
bigsenior

bigsenior

Sunday 3rd July Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sunday 3rd July   Sunday 3rd July EmptyTue Jun 21, 2011 12:49 pm

The 3rd is when the next Pavlova ride is on for. It's the only time they are open but it will be a 12.30 start as they don't open until 02.00hrs

Back to top Go down

Sunday 3rd July Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sunday 3rd July   Sunday 3rd July EmptyTue Jun 21, 2011 2:27 pm

Why not move this back to this Sunday the 26th rather than clash with the Pavlova ?
Back to top Go down

Sunday 3rd July Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sunday 3rd July   Sunday 3rd July EmptyTue Jun 21, 2011 7:50 pm

Aerobully already asking for a 10am start ride !
Back to top Go down

Sunday 3rd July Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sunday 3rd July   Sunday 3rd July EmptyWed Jun 22, 2011 9:55 am

OK will keep this as the 3rd July - Tintern - 9am Bradley Stoke Tesco. We can run both rides - so if you fancy an easy one with an nice cake stop then Scott's Pavlova ride will be 12pm and if you fancy a few hills and a bit of a longer one then join us for Tintern,
Back to top Go down
merlin
Admin
merlin

Sunday 3rd July Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sunday 3rd July   Sunday 3rd July EmptyWed Jun 22, 2011 3:14 pm

NBH wrote:
OK will keep this as the 3rd July - Tintern - 9am Bradley Stoke Tesco. We can run both rides - so if you fancy an easy one with an nice cake stop then Scott's Pavlova ride will be 12pm and if you fancy a few hills and a bit of a longer one then join us for Tintern,

Good plan!

Back to top Go down
http://nbcc.forumotion.com

Sunday 3rd July Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sunday 3rd July   Sunday 3rd July EmptyWed Jun 22, 2011 9:51 pm

I'm up for Tintern,not been out for a while flat out with the family.Nice to get out on a group ride see you on 3rd July at Tesco.Will let the rest know.
Back to top Go down

Sunday 3rd July Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sunday 3rd July   Sunday 3rd July EmptyTue Jun 28, 2011 11:06 am

Does anyone have the GPX for the Tintern ride ?
Back to top Go down
bigsenior

bigsenior

Sunday 3rd July Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sunday 3rd July   Sunday 3rd July EmptyTue Jun 28, 2011 2:59 pm

I will have a dig through but I don't think i have maybe Phil has it as he did it last.I don't think i had my gps then.
I will e mail Graham to see if he has it but I don't think he uses gps.I can have a look as i can prob remember most of it and will try to plot it over the next couple of days.

Back to top Go down

Sunday 3rd July Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sunday 3rd July   Sunday 3rd July EmptyTue Jun 28, 2011 3:22 pm

Thanks Scott. Hopefully Phil or Steve may have it as they had Garmins back in the day !

Let me know.
Back to top Go down

Sunday 3rd July Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sunday 3rd July   Sunday 3rd July EmptyTue Jun 28, 2011 8:09 pm

There's a mapmyride version on the routes / rides archive forum
Back to top Go down
bigsenior

bigsenior

Sunday 3rd July Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sunday 3rd July   Sunday 3rd July EmptyTue Jun 28, 2011 10:48 pm

Right Neil,
I think that Phil and I have sorted it he had it on his Garmin connect so he sent the gpx to me I managed to get it into map my ride so this should be the route
http://www.mapmyride.com/routes/view/39203214/
Hope that works for you Let me know if its ok as I might wander over there myself one day when i have nothing better to do.

Back to top Go down

Sunday 3rd July Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sunday 3rd July   Sunday 3rd July EmptyWed Jun 29, 2011 8:32 am

Perfect, thanks Scott and Phil. Loaded on the iPhone ! Garmin 800 coming for my Birthday in August although I do find the iphone quite good ! Scott you mentioned you might be able to get me a copy of the maps for the 800. What size and format card does the 800 take.
Back to top Go down
bigsenior

bigsenior

Sunday 3rd July Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sunday 3rd July   Sunday 3rd July EmptyWed Jun 29, 2011 12:23 pm

You want the micro sd card .The one that comes inside a bigger card.Size 1 gig should be enough.
http://talkytoaster.info/ukmaps.htm This is the link for the maps.Have a look see what you think i expect you can download and convert if not I can forward some instructions that some one e mailed me .

Back to top Go down

Sunday 3rd July Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sunday 3rd July   Sunday 3rd July EmptyFri Jul 01, 2011 7:12 am

Hi, I would prob be up for this ride rather than the Pavlova as its a bit late and have things to do in the afternoon (most sundays tbh)
I've never been over the bridge so really fancy this if its still on?
Back to top Go down

Sunday 3rd July Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sunday 3rd July   Sunday 3rd July EmptyFri Jul 01, 2011 8:31 am

shame this isn't on the 10th instead ..... we'd have a ride for 3 consecutive
weekends AND I could make it :-)
Back to top Go down

Sunday 3rd July Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sunday 3rd July   Sunday 3rd July EmptyFri Jul 01, 2011 9:35 am

Definately still on. 9am Tesco. Looking forward to the retrun bit from the bridge to Bradley Stoke. Leg killer !
Back to top Go down

Sunday 3rd July Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sunday 3rd July   Sunday 3rd July EmptyFri Jul 01, 2011 10:18 am

This will only be my 2nd ride with the club, where to meet at tesco please? Is there a recommended average speed for this please? My best is 17.6 mph over 40 miles ... (without stopping) will have no clue of route as I do not have handle bar sat nav yet
Back to top Go down

Sunday 3rd July Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sunday 3rd July   Sunday 3rd July EmptyFri Jul 01, 2011 10:28 am

the meet is near the cash machines / costa / under the "subway" sign.

You could buy my Garmin ... £125.00 :-D
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Sunday 3rd July Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sunday 3rd July   Sunday 3rd July Empty

Back to top Go down

Sunday 3rd July
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next