Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  Log in  RegisterRegister  

Saturday 18 July Gospel Pass

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage

Saturday 18 July Gospel Pass Empty
PostSubject: Saturday 18 July Gospel Pass   Saturday 18 July Gospel Pass EmptyThu Jul 16, 2015 11:11 pm

Just realised that although this is in the "Events" section, I haven't mentioned the "Full Gospel" ride that's happening this Saturday (18 July), on the Saturday Rides section of the forum. So, for the sake of good order ..........

http://ridewithgps.com/routes/8631613

Leaving from Costa / Bradley Stoke at 8.00 am, stopping to refuel and answer the call of nature at Abergavenny (mile 35), Hay-On-Wye (mile 57) and Abergavenny again (mile 80). 115 miles from start to finish.

You can cut 15 miles off the ride by driving to the old Severn Bridge, park on Passage Road and wait for the rest of us by the road to the motorway services (we'll be there around 8.30/40 am). If you're going to do this let us know so we know if we are to pick up anyone on the way.

If you haven't done a Century ride this year or indeed at all, here's your chance. And the weather forecast is warm and sunny sunny

(Andy W - see you at the Bridge)

Back to top Go down
Simon Luce

Simon Luce

PostSubject: Re: Saturday 18 July Gospel Pass   Saturday 18 July Gospel Pass EmptyFri Jul 17, 2015 10:26 am

Shed is complete & green house well over half way, so pass has been granted. Very Happy

Wont be setting the speed records though as this is the first long (over 20miles) i've done since the velothon.
Shocked
happy to drag along at the back Smile

see you on the west side of the bridge.

Back to top Go down
Nick

PostSubject: Re: Saturday 18 July Gospel Pass   Saturday 18 July Gospel Pass EmptyFri Jul 17, 2015 3:11 pm

Hi Gary,

Whereabouts in Abergavenny were you planning to stop? Slim chance I might be able to make it but would start/finish in Abergavenny if I did. I figure you'd be there by 10:30am?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Saturday 18 July Gospel Pass   Saturday 18 July Gospel Pass EmptyFri Jul 17, 2015 10:06 pm

Simon - fantastic, glad you've managed to wangle* a pass. Very Happy

Nick - we'll be stopping at the Oasis Snack Bar which is in a large (bus station) car-park on Monmouth Road, Abergavenny, opposite an Aldi. Have a look on Google Maps (satellite view). Yeah, I'd expect us to be there by 10.30 am. We'll stop for about 30 mins. There's a toilet there if you need to take a leak.

*I checked the definition of Wangle - "manage to obtain (something) by persuading or cleverly manipulating someone"
quite appropriate !

Remember to slap some sunscreen on tomorrow, looks like we'll be seeing a fair bit of this little feller sunny
Back to top Go down
andy williams
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Saturday 18 July Gospel Pass   Saturday 18 July Gospel Pass EmptyFri Jul 17, 2015 10:32 pm

Gary wrote:
Just realised that although this is in the "Events" section, I haven't mentioned the "Full Gospel" ride that's happening this Saturday (18 July), on the Saturday Rides section of the forum. So, for the sake of good order ..........

http://ridewithgps.com/routes/8631613

Leaving from Costa / Bradley Stoke at 8.00 am, stopping to refuel and answer the call of nature at Abergavenny (mile 35), Hay-On-Wye (mile 57) and Abergavenny again (mile 80). 115 miles from start to finish.

You can cut 15 miles off the ride by driving to the old Severn Bridge, park on Passage Road and wait for the rest of us by the road to the motorway services (we'll be there around 8.30/40 am). If you're going to do this let us know so we know if we are to pick up anyone on the way.

If you haven't done a Century ride this year or indeed at all, here's your chance. And the weather forecast is warm and sunny  sunny

(Andy W - see you at the Bridge)

"Yep see ya at the Bridge" Smile

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Saturday 18 July Gospel Pass   Saturday 18 July Gospel Pass Empty

Back to top Go down

Saturday 18 July Gospel Pass
Page 1 of 1