HomeHome  Log in  RegisterRegister  

Sunday 24th July Chew Valley

Go down 
AuthorMessage
bigsenior

bigsenior

Sunday 24th July Chew Valley Empty
PostSubject: Sunday 24th July Chew Valley   Sunday 24th July Chew Valley EmptyMon Jul 11, 2011 6:08 pm

Very early shout.But with so much going on at the moment I thought it would be best to get some dates booked into the calender.
CHEW VALLEY ride on 24th July 10.00 am start most prob going via cycle track to start with so that those that side of town can join at Warmley.
Cake at the cafe on the lake Pace? Guess!Surfice to say I will be doing it!
Also I will put a separate thread up later but the ladies at the Rockhampton WI want our help to eat cake on August 7th.Seems we didn't manage to eat it all last time.
Shame on you all. Maybe we need Mark (agency scum) to help us out next time.

Last edited by merlin on Tue Jul 12, 2011 6:38 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : calender)
Back to top Go down
http://bigsnr@yahoo.co.uk

PostSubject: Re: Sunday 24th July Chew Valley   Sunday 24th July Chew Valley EmptyTue Jul 12, 2011 8:06 am

I can do this :-)
May even have Joss along - depends on his shifts though.

Pavlova ride booked in too :-)
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Sunday 24th July Chew Valley   Sunday 24th July Chew Valley EmptyTue Jul 12, 2011 8:41 am

I'm up for a Chew Valley run I've not been out that way before.

And I'm sure I can muster enough energy to ride to the rescue of the W.I ladies...... Might even take a bag so I can bring some fruit cake home with me Very Happy
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Sunday 24th July Chew Valley   Sunday 24th July Chew Valley EmptyTue Jul 12, 2011 11:40 am

10am starts and cake stops are not possible for me as I have a young family and need to be home for lunchtime on a Sunday.

I am happy to lead an earlier group out at 9am on the same route for this one if there is any interest from people.

Moving forward, and as Scott has mentioned, it is possible to run two rides every Sunday. For want of a better term they could be CAKE (later starts and cake stops) and NON_CAKE (earlier starts and no cake) for want of a better expression. Is there the appetite (excuse the pun)? If yes than am happy to assist with the 9am's ?

I am not trying to be awkward I just thought it was worth clarifying this a bit to avoid confusion and avoid history repeating itself.

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Sunday 24th July Chew Valley   Sunday 24th July Chew Valley EmptyTue Jul 12, 2011 12:38 pm

I hear what you say about family ... that's the reasaon i can't do 9am - For
those not in the know ... Gail, my wife, has a terminal condition that means
there are a bunch of things I do before the household is all "up and running"
in the mornings :-)

The idea of 2 rides with 2 leaders is something the cheesy riders (mtb boys)
have been doing for a while and that seems to work out pretty much spot on
most of the time.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Sunday 24th July Chew Valley   Sunday 24th July Chew Valley EmptyTue Jul 12, 2011 10:01 pm

I know what it's like with a young family,trying to keep everyone happy.Running two rides is a great idea,depending on commitments for that week having a choice of times makes it much easier,and will encourage more people out,all for the good of the club Smile .
Back to top Go down
bigsenior

bigsenior

PostSubject: Re: Sunday 24th July Chew Valley   Sunday 24th July Chew Valley EmptySun Jul 17, 2011 6:33 pm

Looks like Chew is a definite for next Sunday
NBH's Espresso ride 09.00

Rest of us Latte @10.00

Just sorting out the route but most Definitely will be via Warmley where the litte tea shack is on the cycle track so if you wish to join in there add 30 mins about to the two start times.
I will post route and new thread tomorrow for the Latte. Neil can you do same for the Espresso.?
Latte will include cake and tea/coffee at Chew by the lake.

Back to top Go down
http://bigsnr@yahoo.co.uk
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Sunday 24th July Chew Valley   Sunday 24th July Chew Valley Empty

Back to top Go down

Sunday 24th July Chew Valley
Page 1 of 1