Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  Log in  RegisterRegister  

Friday 25th Train to Exeter

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage

Friday 25th Train to Exeter Empty
PostSubject: Friday 25th Train to Exeter   Friday 25th Train to Exeter EmptyWed Mar 16, 2016 1:23 pm

Hi Guys,

I have planned a route from Exeter train station back to Bristol.

A train leaves from Bristol Parkway at 7:55 and Arrives at Exeter station at 9:07.

We then have a route over 100 miles and up 2 very large hills. (One near Exeter and Cheddar gorge) I can change the route if it is too much.

https://www.strava.com/routes/4370320

Anyone else up for it?
Back to top Go down
the_mikey

the_mikey

PostSubject: Re: Friday 25th Train to Exeter   Friday 25th Train to Exeter EmptyWed Mar 16, 2016 10:31 pm

Latest 'First great western' policy on bicycle carriage is making these sorts of trips unlikely or very difficult in the near future, enjoy it while you can Crying or Very sad
Back to top Go down
http://www.strava.com/athletes/144979
robinx

PostSubject: Re: Friday 25th Train to Exeter   Friday 25th Train to Exeter EmptyWed Mar 23, 2016 3:42 pm

There is an excellent cycle path (ped shared path) from Exeter towards the coast, along the river Exe, that I used when I rode Bristol/Paignton/Bristol last year, shame to miss out on that Wink

That's definitely taking the 'scenic' route back Smile

What is the current and new policy on taking your bike on the train? I've never done it ..
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Friday 25th Train to Exeter   Friday 25th Train to Exeter EmptyWed Mar 23, 2016 9:50 pm

I hear South West Trains are going to trial the Indian way of carrying bikes on trains ......

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Friday 25th Train to Exeter   Friday 25th Train to Exeter EmptyThu Mar 24, 2016 1:38 pm

They normally have a wagon with bike holders.

Or you can stand by the door and hold your bike. They are fine about it, I get the train to bridgwater with my bike. Always a few more people on it with bikes.

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Friday 25th Train to Exeter   Friday 25th Train to Exeter EmptyFri Mar 25, 2016 8:08 am

The train has 4 bike stands and plenty of room for more.
Back to top Go down
tim80bwi

tim80bwi

PostSubject: Re: Friday 25th Train to Exeter   Friday 25th Train to Exeter EmptyFri Mar 25, 2016 8:48 am

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Choo choo!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Friday 25th Train to Exeter   Friday 25th Train to Exeter EmptyFri Mar 25, 2016 4:41 pm

Was a good ride today. We went to Taunton because of plans this afternoon but it will very good! new roads, hills and scenery.

I highly recommend more of us take the train and cycle new routes.

When the weather gets better we can cycle from Exeter.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Friday 25th Train to Exeter   Friday 25th Train to Exeter EmptyFri Mar 25, 2016 9:03 pm

Brilliant day, thanks Ryan for such a lovely route rendeer
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Friday 25th Train to Exeter   Friday 25th Train to Exeter Empty

Back to top Go down

Friday 25th Train to Exeter
Page 1 of 1