Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  Log in  RegisterRegister  

Friday 12 August Cheddar

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage

Friday 12 August Cheddar Empty
PostSubject: Friday 12 August Cheddar   Friday 12 August Cheddar EmptyTue Aug 09, 2016 1:21 am

Am planning on doing a round trip of about 90 miles (145 km) through Cheddar and Weston on Friday 12th August. I'll be leaving Bradley Stoke around 9 am though I can be flexible. First scheduled stop will be at the Farrington Farm Shop, mile 23.2. The second scheduled stop is Heather's Coffee Shop in Roundtrees Garden Centre, Congresbury, mile 67.5. If you fancy joining me let me know.

Cheddar Route

Revised Route

Last edited by Gary on Wed Aug 10, 2016 9:14 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Friday 12 August Cheddar   Friday 12 August Cheddar EmptyTue Aug 09, 2016 9:32 am

Sods law, I cant change my work friday morning. Im tied up til 12. Could of done any other day/time. If it does change ill let you know Smile
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Friday 12 August Cheddar   Friday 12 August Cheddar EmptyTue Aug 09, 2016 10:31 pm

Neil, I can change the day to Saturday, would that help ? If Saturday's no good we could still go Friday but do a shorter route cutting out Weston. Including stops, we could do a 70 miler in 6 and a 1/2 hours easy so even if we left as late as 13.30 we'd still be home in daylight. I could also meet you say, at the Hambrook traffic lights to save a bit of time. What d'ya think ?
Back to top Go down
bigsenior

bigsenior

PostSubject: Re: Friday 12 August Cheddar   Friday 12 August Cheddar EmptyWed Aug 10, 2016 6:11 am

Gary if it's any use Gordon posted this on Facebook

"I'm off on Friday, anyone about for a few miles in the morning? Early-ish start, maybe a Monmouth loop 17-19mph ave depending on conditions."
Back to top Go down
http://bigsnr@yahoo.co.uk

PostSubject: Re: Friday 12 August Cheddar   Friday 12 August Cheddar EmptyWed Aug 10, 2016 10:27 am

Yeah Ok, if we could do friday at 13:30 i'll be up for that. Bradley Stoke Greggs start still? Should be a good ride Very Happy
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Friday 12 August Cheddar   Friday 12 August Cheddar EmptyWed Aug 10, 2016 9:39 pm

Ok Neil, Friday 13.30 from Greggs/Bradley Stoke it is. At the risk of sounding like your mum, make sure you have some lunch before you leave. I'm only scheduling in one refreshments stop now, in Cheddar, unfortunately after the long climb up through the Mendips.

This is the revised shorter route

I'll private message (pm) you my mobile phone number so you can contact me if there's trouble !

See you Friday.
Back to top Go down
carlhenrik

PostSubject: Re: Friday 12 August Cheddar   Friday 12 August Cheddar EmptyThu Aug 11, 2016 8:42 am

This looks like a nice ride, I'll join you if that is OK.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Friday 12 August Cheddar   Friday 12 August Cheddar EmptyThu Aug 11, 2016 9:14 am

cheers Gary, sounds good. Ill have lunch and even wear clean pants and wash behind my ears Laughing lol. I havnt received the pm though? Fingers crossed for good weather. see you tomorrow.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Friday 12 August Cheddar   Friday 12 August Cheddar EmptyThu Aug 11, 2016 10:43 am

Don't forget to ask your Mum to put some money in your gloves Neil, ready for the cafe stop Very Happy
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Friday 12 August Cheddar   Friday 12 August Cheddar EmptyThu Aug 11, 2016 11:31 am

haha, can we tempt you to come out with us Jeff?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Friday 12 August Cheddar   Friday 12 August Cheddar EmptyThu Aug 11, 2016 3:13 pm

I would dearly love to Neil but unfortunately work commitments don't allow for an early finish. More importantly, I can't find a piece of string to pass through my jersey to stop me losing my mitts and my dinner money - got to keep Gary happy!
Back to top Go down
DJ Rudec

DJ Rudec

PostSubject: Re: Friday 12 August Cheddar   Friday 12 August Cheddar EmptyThu Aug 11, 2016 5:56 pm

Gary, can you wash my favorite socks ready for sunday please? I promise to eat all my dinner.
Back to top Go down
bigsenior

bigsenior

PostSubject: Re: Friday 12 August Cheddar   Friday 12 August Cheddar EmptyThu Aug 11, 2016 7:10 pm

Only if you tidy your room! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
http://bigsnr@yahoo.co.uk

PostSubject: Re: Friday 12 August Cheddar   Friday 12 August Cheddar EmptyThu Aug 11, 2016 7:11 pm

carlhenrik wrote:
This looks like a nice ride, I'll join you if that is OK.

It is a very nice ride and you are very welcome to join us - provided you've finished your homework. Smile
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Friday 12 August Cheddar   Friday 12 August Cheddar EmptyThu Aug 11, 2016 7:21 pm

Neil79 wrote:
cheers Gary, sounds good. Ill have lunch and even wear clean pants and wash behind my ears Laughing lol. I havnt received the pm though? Fingers crossed for good weather. see you tomorrow.

Have just pm'd you. You don't need any pants, you know cyclists go commando ! Make sure you've got a clean hanky though 'cos if you haven' got one I'll have to spit on mine when I wipe the ice-cream off your face. tongue
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Friday 12 August Cheddar   Friday 12 August Cheddar Empty

Back to top Go down

Friday 12 August Cheddar
Page 1 of 1