HomeHome  Log in  RegisterRegister  

Sunday 22nd Last weeks in reverse.

Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage

Sunday 22nd Last weeks in reverse. - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sunday 22nd Last weeks in reverse.   Sunday 22nd Last weeks in reverse. - Page 2 EmptyWed Jan 18, 2012 9:23 pm

Just to reiterate, X's allied to a pair of R087 shimano road shoes helped my worn knee a huge amount. Other things to check, your current cleats for alignment, spring tension and fore/aft position. If the alignment is out the natural resting position of your foot may be pushing unecessarily against the springs' centralising action thus putting torque thro' your knees.
Finally fore/aft position of your saddle can lead to sore knees, google should find you something more informative on this.....
Back to top Go down
clifton9

clifton9

PostSubject: Re: Sunday 22nd Last weeks in reverse.   Sunday 22nd Last weeks in reverse. - Page 2 EmptyWed Jan 18, 2012 9:53 pm

Woger makes a valid point, its Impotant you do not assume its correct to set up your cleats in a straight forward aft axis , most folks will can't out a few degrees which will mean if you cleats are holding you in a straight position you will keep your knee in tension and develop a dull ache which gets worse. suggest you ride a few miles on flat pedals and see where your natural angle is then set your cleats to suit,

Back to top Go down
http://www.centrelineair.co.uk
the_mikey

the_mikey

PostSubject: Re: Sunday 22nd Last weeks in reverse.   Sunday 22nd Last weeks in reverse. - Page 2 EmptyWed Jan 18, 2012 10:25 pm

Not sure if this is much help, but the KeO 'grey' cleats I use have 4.5 degrees of float, which I've set in such a way that they will not allow my heels to strike the chainstays when pedalling, and there's more than enough movement to be comfortable, I do not feel at all restricted. There are also 'red' cleats with 9 degrees of float, which seems a bit excessive, and 'black' 0 which is just horrible.
Back to top Go down
http://www.strava.com/athletes/144979

PostSubject: Re: Sunday 22nd Last weeks in reverse.   Sunday 22nd Last weeks in reverse. - Page 2 EmptyThu Jan 19, 2012 8:04 am

@Mark ... see your thread on ITB syndrome :-)
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Sunday 22nd Last weeks in reverse.   Sunday 22nd Last weeks in reverse. - Page 2 EmptyThu Jan 19, 2012 12:40 pm

I'll be out on Sunday as well.

Cheers Webbo
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Sunday 22nd Last weeks in reverse.   Sunday 22nd Last weeks in reverse. - Page 2 EmptyThu Jan 19, 2012 6:13 pm

I will be there on Sunday,is it 10am again?
Back to top Go down
bigsenior

bigsenior

PostSubject: Re: Sunday 22nd Last weeks in reverse.   Sunday 22nd Last weeks in reverse. - Page 2 EmptyThu Jan 19, 2012 6:22 pm

yep!

Back to top Go down
http://bigsnr@yahoo.co.uk

PostSubject: Re: Sunday 22nd Last weeks in reverse.   Sunday 22nd Last weeks in reverse. - Page 2 EmptyThu Jan 19, 2012 8:15 pm

Hi Jeff. Have you done any fine tuning to your set-up ?

PS I'll be there Sunday.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Sunday 22nd Last weeks in reverse.   Sunday 22nd Last weeks in reverse. - Page 2 EmptyThu Jan 19, 2012 11:53 pm

Gary i have dropprd seat height a little and moved the seat forward,this seems to be a definate improvement,i also have my eye on some Mavic Kysrium Elite wheels.
Back to top Go down
bigsenior

bigsenior

PostSubject: Re: Sunday 22nd Last weeks in reverse.   Sunday 22nd Last weeks in reverse. - Page 2 EmptySat Jan 21, 2012 10:02 am

Quick heads up for tomorrow.I have rung the Pub at Stinchcombe same as we used last time and cakes and bacon sarnies are on standby.
The land lady wanted numbers but I couldn't do that so can some one remind me in the morning to Text her with ruff numbers. Ta.

Back to top Go down
the whippet

the whippet

PostSubject: Re: Sunday 22nd Last weeks in reverse.   Sunday 22nd Last weeks in reverse. - Page 2 EmptySat Jan 21, 2012 8:18 pm

Won't be able to make this one, have been fighting a stinking cold all week. starting to feel better now but don't think i will be ok for tomorrow, see you all next week.
Back to top Go down
clifton9

clifton9

PostSubject: Re: Sunday 22nd Last weeks in reverse.   Sunday 22nd Last weeks in reverse. - Page 2 EmptySat Jan 21, 2012 9:06 pm

Cant make it in the morning , busy fixing the wife car !

See you in the week

Have a great ride
Back to top Go down
http://www.centrelineair.co.uk
Cooky

Cooky

PostSubject: Re: Sunday 22nd Last weeks in reverse.   Sunday 22nd Last weeks in reverse. - Page 2 EmptySat Jan 21, 2012 11:21 pm

I too can't make tomorrow, but I'll see you on Friday
Back to top Go down
http://www.iancook2000.co.uk
bigsenior

bigsenior

PostSubject: Re: Sunday 22nd Last weeks in reverse.   Sunday 22nd Last weeks in reverse. - Page 2 EmptySun Jan 22, 2012 6:07 pm

the whippet wrote:
Won't be able to make this one, have been fighting a stinking cold all week. starting to feel better now but don't think i will be ok for tomorrow, see you all next week.
Just for you I ordered Veggie sausage sarnie so I had to eat it as there were some funny looks when I asked if anyone wanted to swap for a bacon.It was supposed to be a Linda McCartney but I think it was Heather Mills leg!
Seriously though I do hope you are looking after yourself and return to the fold asap If no one else misses you I DO BIG TIME!!
Take care Steve.

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Sunday 22nd Last weeks in reverse.   Sunday 22nd Last weeks in reverse. - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

Sunday 22nd Last weeks in reverse.
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2