HomeHome  Log in  RegisterRegister  

Masochistic B*****ds ride 4th March

Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
the whippet

the whippet

Masochistic B*****ds ride 4th March - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Masochistic B*****ds ride 4th March   Masochistic B*****ds ride 4th March - Page 2 EmptySun Mar 04, 2012 3:41 pm

It was a fun little blast, I enjoyed that, thanks Nick, and I only equaled your best time up church hill, but 2 other people have quicker times so we will have to try harder next time.
Back to top Go down
bigsenior

bigsenior

PostSubject: Re: Masochistic B*****ds ride 4th March   Masochistic B*****ds ride 4th March - Page 2 EmptySun Mar 04, 2012 7:54 pm

i hope you were gentle with Mark2 aka waggoner?

Edit PS
Is that right you want another try for Tintern next week?
Dam that means I will have to do my rain dance again.
Gary
No journey is wasted when there is Coffee with Steve and Nick and Mark2 at the end of it.

Back to top Go down
http://bigsnr@yahoo.co.uk

PostSubject: Re: Masochistic B*****ds ride 4th March   Masochistic B*****ds ride 4th March - Page 2 EmptySun Mar 04, 2012 8:57 pm

Thanks to Nick and Steve for the ride this morning,,i survived, mind you i hold my head in shame to having to get off the bike on one hill. Sad Can't remember the name of it now??
Back to top Go down
bigsenior

bigsenior

PostSubject: Re: Masochistic B*****ds ride 4th March   Masochistic B*****ds ride 4th March - Page 2 EmptySun Mar 04, 2012 9:18 pm

THERE IS NO SHAME IN GETTING OFF ON A HILL!

End of sermon!

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Masochistic B*****ds ride 4th March   Masochistic B*****ds ride 4th March - Page 2 EmptySun Mar 04, 2012 9:34 pm

bigsenior wrote:
THERE IS NO SHAME IN GETTING OFF ON A HILL!

End of sermon!

Thanks... Very Happy
Back to top Go down
bigsenior

bigsenior

PostSubject: Re: Masochistic B*****ds ride 4th March   Masochistic B*****ds ride 4th March - Page 2 EmptySun Mar 04, 2012 10:01 pm

Sometimes your chain jumps off and you have to stop to put chain back on .This does not count as stopping this is 'Force Majeure' and as such doesn't count.

"Force Majeure literally means "greater force". These clauses excuse a party from liability if some unforseen event beyond the control of that party prevents it from ... "

Back to top Go down
Nick

PostSubject: Re: Masochistic B*****ds ride 4th March   Masochistic B*****ds ride 4th March - Page 2 EmptyMon Mar 05, 2012 7:30 am

It was on Mumbleys Hill - don't worry you're not the first to have walked it (inc. myself although I blame it on the back wheel slipping... :p ).
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Masochistic B*****ds ride 4th March   Masochistic B*****ds ride 4th March - Page 2 EmptyMon Mar 05, 2012 11:18 am

jeez ... just looked that one up ... it goes on forever !!!
Back to top Go down
Nick

PostSubject: Re: Masochistic B*****ds ride 4th March   Masochistic B*****ds ride 4th March - Page 2 EmptyMon Mar 05, 2012 12:12 pm

You're probably looking at a different one - it's just that steep but short one on the normal loop I do. Would be an interesting one to Strava although the best start/end place is debatable (I couldn't imagine doing it full gas right from the junction to the house at the top without needing medical assistance).
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Masochistic B*****ds ride 4th March   Masochistic B*****ds ride 4th March - Page 2 EmptyMon Mar 05, 2012 12:27 pm

oh bugger - that means there are 2 evil hills :-)

Mumbleys

The bit coming up from the B4461 and meeting your hill from the right looks particularly nasty ....
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Masochistic B*****ds ride 4th March   Masochistic B*****ds ride 4th March - Page 2 EmptyMon Mar 05, 2012 2:14 pm

the whippet wrote:
It was a fun little blast, I enjoyed that, thanks Nick, and I only equaled your best time up church hill, but 2 other people have quicker times so we will have to try harder next time.

This the hill we did the other night Nick?

Did you put it on strava?
Back to top Go down
bigsenior

bigsenior

PostSubject: Re: Masochistic B*****ds ride 4th March   Masochistic B*****ds ride 4th March - Page 2 EmptyMon Mar 05, 2012 3:35 pm

@Jam
Mumbleys is the one I walked up with a certain young Master Mills not the old one the other one.Yes the other is not to nice either.
Try going from Tockington from the triangle turn right then left up that one as well he goes on.Almost as bad as the one from tockington heading east and then up to the A38.

Back to top Go down
Nick

PostSubject: Re: Masochistic B*****ds ride 4th March   Masochistic B*****ds ride 4th March - Page 2 EmptyMon Mar 05, 2012 3:53 pm

@Andy - nah not Strava'd it yet (mostly as I don't like the climb so not something I'd relish a challenge on :p ). The Church road climb is much nicer IMO, short enough you can really attack it (without PJ levels of fitness) and stay standing and in the big ring that one's on Strava now.

@John - always wondered where that road comes out, might check it out soon

@Scott - yeah that climb is pretty evil going East up onto the A38, only done it a couple of times though as coming out onto the A38 isn't great

BTW my monthly report is due tomorrow morning so I'm busy procrastinating (unless that's an oxymoron ;p )
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Masochistic B*****ds ride 4th March   Masochistic B*****ds ride 4th March - Page 2 EmptyMon Mar 05, 2012 5:39 pm

Laughing ..I'll have to remember the 'Force Majeure' and wheel/chain slipping for the future Laughing
Back to top Go down
the whippet

the whippet

PostSubject: Re: Masochistic B*****ds ride 4th March   Masochistic B*****ds ride 4th March - Page 2 EmptyMon Mar 05, 2012 10:05 pm

I,ve put Mumbleys on Strava, I have included the gentle rise at the beginning.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Masochistic B*****ds ride 4th March   Masochistic B*****ds ride 4th March - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

Masochistic B*****ds ride 4th March
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2