HomeHome  Log in  RegisterRegister  

OG and G Ride Thursday 1 March

Go down 
AuthorMessage

OG and G Ride Thursday 1 March Empty
PostSubject: OG and G Ride Thursday 1 March   OG and G Ride Thursday 1 March EmptyMon Feb 27, 2012 3:08 pm

Can't do Friday this week but am OK for Thursday.

Open to suggestions for route.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: OG and G Ride Thursday 1 March   OG and G Ride Thursday 1 March EmptyMon Feb 27, 2012 8:02 pm

Thursday's fine with me. A couple of route suggestions - south west in a Clevedon/Yatton/Wrington direction or north east in a Slimbridge/Dursley direction ?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: OG and G Ride Thursday 1 March   OG and G Ride Thursday 1 March EmptyTue Feb 28, 2012 8:24 am

Gary wrote:
Thursday's fine with me. A couple of route suggestions - south west in a Clevedon/Yatton/Wrington direction or north east in a Slimbridge/Dursley direction ?

Clevedon could be a good option.

I have done a 45 miler from Warmley to Clevedon and then back across Moors to Brockley Combe and then Chew Magna, Keynsham and home.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: 1st March   OG and G Ride Thursday 1 March EmptyTue Feb 28, 2012 11:17 am

I will probably have to give Thursday a miss due to other commitments; but will post tomorrow to confirm.
Back to top Go down
bigsenior

bigsenior

PostSubject: Re: OG and G Ride Thursday 1 March   OG and G Ride Thursday 1 March EmptyTue Feb 28, 2012 11:41 am

Ditto to Pete,
unfortunately that dirty word WORK raises it's ugly head.

Back to top Go down
http://bigsnr@yahoo.co.uk

PostSubject: Re: OG and G Ride Thursday 1 March   OG and G Ride Thursday 1 March EmptyTue Feb 28, 2012 12:57 pm

Any one else interested?

Martin E?

Martin B?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: March 1st   OG and G Ride Thursday 1 March EmptyWed Feb 29, 2012 9:54 am

I will know if I am available early evening. I presume a Warmley start? Also would prefer not to stop for tea, coffeee or cake. Sorry; but have lots to do at home.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: OG and G Ride Thursday 1 March   OG and G Ride Thursday 1 March EmptyWed Feb 29, 2012 10:52 am

PeterP wrote:
I will know if I am available early evening. I presume a Warmley start? Also would prefer not to stop for tea, coffeee or cake. Sorry; but have lots to do at home.

OK. Ring me or send me a text later.

9.30 at Warmley seems about right.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Thursday Ride   OG and G Ride Thursday 1 March EmptyWed Feb 29, 2012 1:05 pm

Will meet up in car park next to cycle path in Warmley 9.30am. I'm happy to ride non stop. Hope you can make it Peter.
Tompo - re your outline route (which is fine) do you have an actual route to follow ? If not, do you want to make it up as we go along, if so I'll be at your mercy as my knowledge of the back roads is rubbish. I could knock something up on Map My Ride if you want but as I said, I dont know the roads in the area. I dont have a Garmin either Crying or Very sad
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: OG and G Ride Thursday 1 March   OG and G Ride Thursday 1 March EmptyWed Feb 29, 2012 2:22 pm

Gary wrote:
Will meet up in car park next to cycle path in Warmley 9.30am. I'm happy to ride non stop. Hope you can make it Peter.
Tompo - re your outline route (which is fine) do you have an actual route to follow ? If not, do you want to make it up as we go along, if so I'll be at your mercy as my knowledge of the back roads is rubbish. I could knock something up on Map My Ride if you want but as I said, I dont know the roads in the area. I dont have a Garmin either Crying or Very sad

Route I have taken before is

Cycle path to St Philips (end of cyclepath), Cattle Market Road, York Road, Coronation Road and then pick up Clevedon Road through Long Ashton, Nailsea, Tickenham.

I turn off just before Clevedon and then cross Moors to Brockley Coombe and then Winford, Chew Magna, Norton Malreward, Queen Charlton, Keynsham and Warmley.

That will be about 45 miles with 2 decent climbs. Brockley is easy and there are two options for Noron Malreward.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: OG and G Ride Thursday 1 March   OG and G Ride Thursday 1 March Empty

Back to top Go down

OG and G Ride Thursday 1 March
Page 1 of 1