HomeHome  Log in  RegisterRegister  

Poss Sunday 29th route

Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage

Poss Sunday 29th route - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Poss Sunday 29th route   Poss Sunday 29th route - Page 2 EmptyThu Apr 26, 2012 6:52 pm

I won't be able to make sunday,,so count me out i'm afraid. Crying or Very sad
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Poss Sunday 29th route   Poss Sunday 29th route - Page 2 EmptyThu Apr 26, 2012 6:56 pm

Sunday is a non starter for me I am afraid, as is Saturday by the looks of it.

Think I am just going to use the turbo trainer this weekend, maybe watch a film whilst I spin.
Back to top Go down
bigsenior

bigsenior

PostSubject: Re: Poss Sunday 29th route   Poss Sunday 29th route - Page 2 EmptyThu Apr 26, 2012 7:24 pm

"As you can see from the map there are a smattering of hills on the route which will give your quads and lungs a good workout and if worse comes to worst, you can always get off and walk."
What?
You think she is taking a Quad bike out?

Back to top Go down
http://bigsnr@yahoo.co.uk
the_mikey

the_mikey

PostSubject: Re: Poss Sunday 29th route   Poss Sunday 29th route - Page 2 EmptyThu Apr 26, 2012 7:58 pm

I won't be joining on this one, annoyingly I'm on standby for work, which usually means I spend my time sitting indoors wishing I was out on my bike while waiting for the telephone to ring! Will be back again soon though!
Back to top Go down
http://www.strava.com/athletes/144979

PostSubject: Re: Poss Sunday 29th route   Poss Sunday 29th route - Page 2 EmptyThu Apr 26, 2012 8:00 pm

I think a boat will be more appropriate this Sunday !
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Poss Sunday 29th route   Poss Sunday 29th route - Page 2 EmptyThu Apr 26, 2012 8:03 pm

affirmative - definition of affirmative by the Free Online Dictionary ...

www.thefreedictionary.com/affirmative

af·fir·ma·tive ( -fûr m -t v). adj. 1. Asserting that something is true or correct, as with the answer "yes": an affirmative reply. 2. Giving assent or approval; confirming: an affirmative vote. 3. Positive; optimistic: an affirmative outlook. 4. Logic Of ...
Back to top Go down
bigsenior

bigsenior

PostSubject: Re: Poss Sunday 29th route   Poss Sunday 29th route - Page 2 EmptyThu Apr 26, 2012 8:48 pm

What instead of a quad bike?

Back to top Go down
SantasLoneCruzer

SantasLoneCruzer

PostSubject: Re: Poss Sunday 29th route   Poss Sunday 29th route - Page 2 EmptyThu Apr 26, 2012 8:53 pm

Count me in for sunday......bike needs a clean, hopefully it'll wash itself en-route.
Back to top Go down
merlin
Admin
merlin

PostSubject: Re: Poss Sunday 29th route   Poss Sunday 29th route - Page 2 EmptyThu Apr 26, 2012 10:40 pm

waggoner wrote:
I might not be able to make it out sunday , but will be about if anyone fancies going out Saturday afternoon for a ride.

Hey Mark I might be up for a Sat ride depending on the weather. How far you thinking?

I am Titanium
Back to top Go down
http://nbcc.forumotion.com

PostSubject: Re: Poss Sunday 29th route   Poss Sunday 29th route - Page 2 EmptyThu Apr 26, 2012 10:59 pm

Saturday would suit me too, got about 3hrs+ to spare. Week without cycling I'm having whitdrawal symptoms.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Poss Sunday 29th route   Poss Sunday 29th route - Page 2 EmptyThu Apr 26, 2012 11:04 pm

The clue is in the name Sunday 29th????????? wrong thread
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Poss Sunday 29th route   Poss Sunday 29th route - Page 2 EmptyThu Apr 26, 2012 11:04 pm

The clue is in the name Sunday 29th????????? wrong thread
Back to top Go down
bigsenior

bigsenior

PostSubject: Re: Poss Sunday 29th route   Poss Sunday 29th route - Page 2 EmptyFri Apr 27, 2012 8:22 am

Rule 5 and rule 9

Last week before our seaside trip there were back room discussions as to cancelling due to adverse weather forecasts.We decided to MTFU
As you now know we rode all the way to somewhere without one drop of rain falling on our delicate little heads and only a smattering on Sunday.
If anyone trusts the weather forecasts these days then you wouldn't even get out of bed.
There is one foolproof way Put head out side if it gets wet it's raining if it stays dry it's not raining.
As I said unfortunately I am working on Sunday but if I wasn't I think I would wait until Sunday morning and then see what the weather was like before calling off.
We cancelled a big ride to Minehead back in the winter due to 'High winds and rain' it turned out a lovely clear day!

Back to top Go down
Cooky

Cooky

PostSubject: Re: Poss Sunday 29th route   Poss Sunday 29th route - Page 2 EmptyFri Apr 27, 2012 10:26 am

bigsenior wrote:
Rule 5 and rule 9

Last week before our seaside trip there were back room discussions as to cancelling due to adverse weather forecasts.We decided to MTFU
As you now know we rode all the way to somewhere without one drop of rain falling on our delicate little heads and only a smattering on Sunday.
If anyone trusts the weather forecasts these days then you wouldn't even get out of bed.
There is one foolproof way Put head out side if it gets wet it's raining if it stays dry it's not raining.
As I said unfortunately I am working on Sunday but if I wasn't I think I would wait until Sunday morning and then see what the weather was like before calling off.
We cancelled a big ride to Minehead back in the winter due to 'High winds and rain' it turned out a lovely clear day!
I think, generally you're right Scott. My faith in the weather fairies is pretty near zilch and I usually take a good hard look out of the window before making up my own mind.

Having said that, I've put the rear derailleur and chain back on the turbo trainer and am making good use of it this week. Mind you the BBC Points West weather blokie (Ian Fergusson I think his name is) gave a pretty convincing explanation of why the weather could be horrendous on Sunday; it's to do with the path being taken by the jet stream. Let's see if he's right, eh?
Back to top Go down
http://www.iancook2000.co.uk
the whippet

the whippet

PostSubject: Re: Poss Sunday 29th route   Poss Sunday 29th route - Page 2 EmptySat Apr 28, 2012 7:46 am

I will not be out for this one, still not 100% and with the forecast not good it seems to make sense to leave it another week.
Back to top Go down
aerobully

aerobully

PostSubject: Re: Poss Sunday 29th route   Poss Sunday 29th route - Page 2 EmptySat Apr 28, 2012 8:40 am

Stevo, with all this time off the bike I may even beat you up a hill next weekend. Seriously though, look after yourself and get well.
Back to top Go down
http://www.linkedin.com/profile/view?id=5807558&authType=nam
Cooky

Cooky

PostSubject: Re: Poss Sunday 29th route   Poss Sunday 29th route - Page 2 EmptySun Apr 29, 2012 7:50 am

Well guys, I'm afraid the weather fairies got this one right.

Sorry to be negative, but I'm definitely not coming out to play today!
Back to top Go down
http://www.iancook2000.co.uk

PostSubject: Re: Poss Sunday 29th route   Poss Sunday 29th route - Page 2 EmptySun Apr 29, 2012 5:15 pm

Has anyone actually gone out to play today?
Back to top Go down
the_mikey

the_mikey

PostSubject: Re: Poss Sunday 29th route   Poss Sunday 29th route - Page 2 EmptySun Apr 29, 2012 5:18 pm

Nope, I went out for a short spin last night but punctured and gave up, patched the tube and will return to it tomorrow to see if it's still holding up.
Back to top Go down
http://www.strava.com/athletes/144979

PostSubject: Re: Poss Sunday 29th route   Poss Sunday 29th route - Page 2 EmptySun Apr 29, 2012 5:45 pm

An hour on the Turbo today. Too wet to go outside. Great weather for ducks though.
Back to top Go down
bigsenior

bigsenior

PostSubject: Re: Poss Sunday 29th route   Poss Sunday 29th route - Page 2 EmptySun Apr 29, 2012 7:29 pm

I was up at 06.00 loaded the lorry drove to London off loaded and came back .Cold and wet.Now I have to order my new STI leaver £150 odd.and thats only 105 can't believe it Ultegra well over two hundred.

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Poss Sunday 29th route   Poss Sunday 29th route - Page 2 EmptySun Apr 29, 2012 8:27 pm

Merlin are selling left hand 5600 double for £34 should be able to get right one off flee bay for about £70.
Back to top Go down
bigsenior

bigsenior

PostSubject: Re: Poss Sunday 29th route   Poss Sunday 29th route - Page 2 EmptySun Apr 29, 2012 8:39 pm

Triple unfortunatly.
It seems that they have sorted out the 'problem'that the left one has and also the new ones have the cables exiting along the bars so more aerodynamic!

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Poss Sunday 29th route   Poss Sunday 29th route - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

Poss Sunday 29th route
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2