Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  Log in  RegisterRegister  

MAY DAY! MAY DAY! - Monday 7th May

Go down 
4 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
bigsenior

bigsenior

MAY DAY! MAY DAY! - Monday 7th May Empty
PostSubject: MAY DAY! MAY DAY! - Monday 7th May   MAY DAY! MAY DAY! - Monday 7th May EmptyMon Apr 30, 2012 9:00 am

Just realised that Next monday is a day off for some people Well it is if you are a Banker.(Banker I said!)
How about we attempt to do the Tasty Cheddar Audax route we tried to do a couple of weeks ago and got wind/rained off.
This was the one that started from Create centre in Ashton (by the swing bridge.)
I will try and find the route in a minute and add to this so you can have a look.I did this with Nick last year and I think Mark Waggoner did it as well.Very easy first half then Nice little climb up Cheddar etc.

Found a ruff route
http://www.mapmyride.com/routes/view/51154908
Back to top Go down
http://bigsnr@yahoo.co.uk
Nick

PostSubject: Re: MAY DAY! MAY DAY! - Monday 7th May   MAY DAY! MAY DAY! - Monday 7th May EmptyMon Apr 30, 2012 9:15 am

Sounds good to me (unless I overdo the cake part the day before...)
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: MAY DAY! MAY DAY! - Monday 7th May   MAY DAY! MAY DAY! - Monday 7th May EmptyMon Apr 30, 2012 9:26 am

sounds good to me Smile
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: MAY DAY! MAY DAY! - Monday 7th May   MAY DAY! MAY DAY! - Monday 7th May EmptyMon Apr 30, 2012 3:08 pm

Count me in too. Do you think we should sacrifice a cow/goat/virgin to appease the Gods only Scott's midnight Pagan good weather dance doesn't seem to cut the mustard anymore.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: MAY DAY! MAY DAY! - Monday 7th May   MAY DAY! MAY DAY! - Monday 7th May EmptyMon Apr 30, 2012 3:26 pm

You haven't taken your meds today have you! cyclops
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: MAY DAY! MAY DAY! - Monday 7th May   MAY DAY! MAY DAY! - Monday 7th May EmptyMon Apr 30, 2012 5:34 pm

I'm up for it. Even though it might mean doing Cheddar gorge twice in 2 days affraid

Yes, the first part is nice, until you hit the gorge and beyond,,nice hills affraid
Back to top Go down
bigsenior

bigsenior

PostSubject: Re: MAY DAY! MAY DAY! - Monday 7th May   MAY DAY! MAY DAY! - Monday 7th May EmptyMon Apr 30, 2012 5:52 pm

Mark ,are you looking to wear that bike out so you can justify buying more bling? If so good on you .
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: MAY DAY! MAY DAY! - Monday 7th May   MAY DAY! MAY DAY! - Monday 7th May EmptyMon Apr 30, 2012 6:15 pm

Don't know what will wear out first, the bike or me Very Happy Still its fun and i need the exercise..
Back to top Go down
bigsenior

bigsenior

PostSubject: Re: MAY DAY! MAY DAY! - Monday 7th May   MAY DAY! MAY DAY! - Monday 7th May EmptyMon Apr 30, 2012 6:19 pm

waggoner wrote:
Don't know what will wear out first, the bike or me Very Happy Still its fun and i need the exercise..
And the bike doesn't answer back! or borrow money or make you wash up. Evil or Very Mad
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: MAY DAY! MAY DAY! - Monday 7th May   MAY DAY! MAY DAY! - Monday 7th May EmptyMon Apr 30, 2012 6:24 pm

After each ride strip yourself down, have a long soak in bath of Castrol GTX and you'll go on for years.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: MAY DAY! MAY DAY! - Monday 7th May   MAY DAY! MAY DAY! - Monday 7th May EmptyMon Apr 30, 2012 6:36 pm

No!!! drink alcohol afterwards,, preserve yourself from inside out...lol
Back to top Go down
aerobully

aerobully

PostSubject: Re: MAY DAY! MAY DAY! - Monday 7th May   MAY DAY! MAY DAY! - Monday 7th May EmptyMon Apr 30, 2012 8:59 pm

I'll be there. It's about time I broke in the climbing gear.
Back to top Go down
http://www.linkedin.com/profile/view?id=5807558&authType=nam

PostSubject: Re: MAY DAY! MAY DAY! - Monday 7th May   MAY DAY! MAY DAY! - Monday 7th May EmptyMon Apr 30, 2012 10:19 pm

going to drop on a 12-27 instead of the 12-30 for this ... with 36 up front 30 rear is just
too low !!!
Back to top Go down
aerobully

aerobully

PostSubject: Re: MAY DAY! MAY DAY! - Monday 7th May   MAY DAY! MAY DAY! - Monday 7th May EmptyMon Apr 30, 2012 10:24 pm

Since I put the 12-32 on the rear I've only had to use the 32 bit it once, twice oh go on then three times. It's very steep in Wotton!
Back to top Go down
http://www.linkedin.com/profile/view?id=5807558&authType=nam
the whippet

the whippet

PostSubject: Re: MAY DAY! MAY DAY! - Monday 7th May   MAY DAY! MAY DAY! - Monday 7th May EmptyTue May 01, 2012 6:43 pm

I think I should be ok for this one, I'll know more after the pavlova ride.
Back to top Go down
bigsenior

bigsenior

PostSubject: Re: MAY DAY! MAY DAY! - Monday 7th May   MAY DAY! MAY DAY! - Monday 7th May EmptyTue May 01, 2012 9:59 pm

Sorry John,Yep lets go for a ten o'clock start give us time to get there.
Create centre BS16XN Smeaton Road.
Last time I parked in Ashton Vale road BS3 2HT or there abouts.

Back to top Go down
Nick

PostSubject: Re: MAY DAY! MAY DAY! - Monday 7th May   MAY DAY! MAY DAY! - Monday 7th May EmptyWed May 02, 2012 9:06 am

There's a nice free car park opposite (to the side) of the Nova Scotia to. Anyone actually cycling down from Bradley Stoke though? I'm sort of tempted and then remember some of the hills after Cheddar so I'm probably more likely to drive there...

@John - there's a couple of really steep (but short) climbs so the big cassette's not such a bad idea
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: MAY DAY! MAY DAY! - Monday 7th May   MAY DAY! MAY DAY! - Monday 7th May EmptyWed May 02, 2012 6:12 pm

@Nick - I'll be cycling down from Bradley Stoke, possibly Mark Waggoner too, we had planned on cycling down the first time, leaving BS about 9am.

@Mark W - do you still fancy cycling down ?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: MAY DAY! MAY DAY! - Monday 7th May   MAY DAY! MAY DAY! - Monday 7th May EmptyWed May 02, 2012 6:48 pm

which way you guys going ? .... could meet you part way.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Bradley Stoke to Create Centre Leg   MAY DAY! MAY DAY! - Monday 7th May EmptyWed May 02, 2012 10:26 pm

Well it's just me at the mo' going as the crow flies ie Gloucester Road down to Cheltenham Arches, up Cotham Brow, through Cotham and Kingsdown to the bottom of St Michaels Hill, down Colston Street, along Frog Lane (avoiding the cobbles on the Centre) past the Hatchet, onto Deanery Road and then Hotwell Road - Route
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: MAY DAY! MAY DAY! - Monday 7th May   MAY DAY! MAY DAY! - Monday 7th May EmptyWed May 02, 2012 10:33 pm

interesting .... I'd have gone kellaway, whiteladies, jacobs wells .....
Back to top Go down
bigsenior

bigsenior

PostSubject: Re: MAY DAY! MAY DAY! - Monday 7th May   MAY DAY! MAY DAY! - Monday 7th May EmptyWed May 02, 2012 10:45 pm

Ah yes John but Gary's doing guided tours of Bristol on route.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: MAY DAY! MAY DAY! - Monday 7th May   MAY DAY! MAY DAY! - Monday 7th May EmptyThu May 03, 2012 5:00 am

Yes,, i'm game to ride down,, that's if my legs are still ok after sunday!!!

I would a gone a different way again.... gloucester road, kellaway ave,,across the downs,,down bridge valley road and onto the portway, cumberland basin scratch

I'm keeping my 12-30 on my bike....I remember those hills after cheddar!!!!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: MAY DAY! MAY DAY! - Monday 7th May   MAY DAY! MAY DAY! - Monday 7th May EmptyThu May 03, 2012 8:10 am

+1 for your route down Mark ... Smile
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: MAY DAY! MAY DAY! - Monday 7th May   MAY DAY! MAY DAY! - Monday 7th May EmptyFri May 04, 2012 1:55 pm

[quote=
I would a gone a different way again.... gloucester road, kellaway ave,,across the downs,,down bridge valley road and onto the portway, cumberland basin[/quote]

Ok, I'll go with the flow. I don't fancy cycling back up Bridge Valley Road after a long day in the saddle though.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: MAY DAY! MAY DAY! - Monday 7th May   MAY DAY! MAY DAY! - Monday 7th May Empty

Back to top Go down

MAY DAY! MAY DAY! - Monday 7th May
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next