Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  Log in  RegisterRegister  

Saturday 28th September - Burrington for brunch

Go down 
+2
Scott.A
aerobully
6 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
aerobully

aerobully

Saturday 28th September - Burrington for brunch Empty
PostSubject: Saturday 28th September - Burrington for brunch   Saturday 28th September - Burrington for brunch EmptySun Sep 22, 2013 6:25 pm

Whilst we are heading for Burrington we are not going up it. We do have a bit of a climb around Dundry near the start and then to get us back up to the suspension bridge on the return we are going to tackle Belmont Hill. I've been reliably informed that it's not as bad as Wraxall which we had a go at last Saturday.

Leave start point behind UWE @ 9.00

Leave Kellaway Builders on Kellaway Avenue @ 9.20

The route: http://ridewithgps.com/routes/3397599

The cafe stop: The Burrington Inn
Back to top Go down
http://www.linkedin.com/profile/view?id=5807558&authType=nam

PostSubject: Re: Saturday 28th September - Burrington for brunch   Saturday 28th September - Burrington for brunch EmptySun Sep 22, 2013 8:05 pm

I should be able to make this one, I think. I am heading into London for Sunday, so this is my only option. Razz 
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Saturday 28th September - Burrington for brunch   Saturday 28th September - Burrington for brunch EmptySun Sep 22, 2013 8:05 pm

If I start "negotiating" now I may be able to blag a pass for this one .... Yanley Lane is a little peach :)
Back to top Go down
aerobully

aerobully

PostSubject: Re: Saturday 28th September - Burrington for brunch   Saturday 28th September - Burrington for brunch EmptySun Sep 22, 2013 8:13 pm

john m wrote:
If I start "negotiating" now I may be able to blag a pass for this one .... Yanley Lane is a little peach Smile
Good, as I could do with a local guide on these new routes I'm plotting Very Happy 
Back to top Go down
aerobully

aerobully

PostSubject: Re: Saturday 28th September - Burrington for brunch   Saturday 28th September - Burrington for brunch EmptySun Sep 22, 2013 8:14 pm

Sophine wrote:
I should be able to make this one, I think. I am heading into London for Sunday, so this is my only option. Razz 
You should be ok just remember to keep fuelled and hydrated during the ride.
Back to top Go down
Scott.A

Scott.A

PostSubject: Re: Saturday 28th September - Burrington for brunch   Saturday 28th September - Burrington for brunch EmptySun Sep 22, 2013 8:17 pm

aerobully wrote:
Sophine wrote:
Alternatively just eat a kebab and drink a bottle of red wine the night before, works wonders for me Razz 
Back to top Go down
bigsenior

bigsenior

PostSubject: Re: Saturday 28th September - Burrington for brunch   Saturday 28th September - Burrington for brunch EmptySun Sep 22, 2013 8:20 pm

Might work for you but the gasses aren't so good for us.You might be turbo'ed up but the afterburn is notgood.
If you were a lorry you wouldnt be allowed in the London Emmision Zone!
Back to top Go down
http://bigsnr@yahoo.co.uk

PostSubject: Re: Saturday 28th September - Burrington for brunch   Saturday 28th September - Burrington for brunch EmptySun Sep 22, 2013 8:23 pm

aerobully wrote:
Sophine wrote:
I think I was doing both, I just could not go for that final hill. I think I'm getting better with time though. Surprised It was really nice of people to offer me gels though.
Back to top Go down
andy williams
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Saturday 28th September - Burrington for brunch   Saturday 28th September - Burrington for brunch EmptySun Sep 22, 2013 8:29 pm

"THIS LOOKS GOOD, I'AM IN Cool 
Back to top Go down
bigsenior

bigsenior

PostSubject: Re: Saturday 28th September - Burrington for brunch   Saturday 28th September - Burrington for brunch EmptySun Sep 22, 2013 8:30 pm

main problem this time of year is that you tend to forget how much you are sweating so you tend not to drink and replace salts so much.When it's warm you tend to make sure you drink enough.I tend to need to take more electoytes tablets this time of year to prevent cramp.
Back to top Go down
aerobully

aerobully

PostSubject: Re: Saturday 28th September - Burrington for brunch   Saturday 28th September - Burrington for brunch EmptySun Sep 22, 2013 8:30 pm

Scott.A wrote:
aerobully wrote:
Sophine wrote:
Alternatively just eat a kebab and drink a bottle of red wine the night before, works wonders for me Razz 
Not only do you increase your speed by eating an unusual diet but you also have your auto pause set to 10mph. Twisted Evil 
Back to top Go down
bigsenior

bigsenior

PostSubject: Re: Saturday 28th September - Burrington for brunch   Saturday 28th September - Burrington for brunch EmptySun Sep 22, 2013 8:41 pm

I think the growth might be slowing him down mind Even more so now it's gone grey............He will be out with Pip and Keith and me on the Friday veteran rides soon
Back to top Go down
Scott.A

Scott.A

PostSubject: Re: Saturday 28th September - Burrington for brunch   Saturday 28th September - Burrington for brunch EmptySun Sep 22, 2013 8:49 pm

bigsenior wrote:
I think the growth might be slowing him down mind Even more so now it's gone grey............He will be out with Pip and Keith  and me on the Friday veteran rides soon
Every Friday? See you there, those Saturday rides are just so yesterday Razz 
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Saturday 28th September - Burrington for brunch   Saturday 28th September - Burrington for brunch EmptyMon Sep 23, 2013 7:14 pm

Julia & me should be around for this ride Mark:D 
Back to top Go down
aerobully

aerobully

PostSubject: Re: Saturday 28th September - Burrington for brunch   Saturday 28th September - Burrington for brunch EmptyMon Sep 23, 2013 7:26 pm

andy.l wrote:
Julia & me should be around for this ride Mark:D 
Be good to see you both

Back to top Go down
Scott.A

Scott.A

PostSubject: Re: Saturday 28th September - Burrington for brunch   Saturday 28th September - Burrington for brunch EmptyMon Sep 23, 2013 7:35 pm

bigsenior wrote:
I think the growth might be slowing him down mind Even more so now it's gone grey.........
All gone 'Mein Fuhrer' bounce 
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Saturday 28th September - Burrington for brunch   Saturday 28th September - Burrington for brunch EmptyMon Sep 23, 2013 9:44 pm

Well, it's been a while and we're a bit rusty but see you at work on Saturday at 9am.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Saturday 28th September - Burrington for brunch   Saturday 28th September - Burrington for brunch EmptyMon Sep 23, 2013 9:46 pm

Wait. Where exactly is the meeting point? Smile
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Saturday 28th September - Burrington for brunch   Saturday 28th September - Burrington for brunch EmptyMon Sep 23, 2013 11:55 pm

Julia.Innes wrote:
"Leave start point behind UWE @ 9.00

Leave Kellaway Builders on Kellaway Avenue @ 9.20"
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Saturday 28th September - Burrington for brunch   Saturday 28th September - Burrington for brunch EmptyTue Sep 24, 2013 12:34 am

We may aswell meet you at Kellaway then as its nearer for us.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Saturday 28th September - Burrington for brunch   Saturday 28th September - Burrington for brunch EmptyTue Sep 24, 2013 1:35 am

Scott.A wrote:
bigsenior wrote:
I think the growth might be slowing him down mind Even more so now it's gone grey.........
All gone 'Mein Fuhrer' bounce 
hmmm Mein kampf (mein camp more like jocolor )  ......
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Saturday 28th September - Burrington for brunch   Saturday 28th September - Burrington for brunch EmptyTue Sep 24, 2013 7:44 am

Where exactly is behind uwe? I jog around that campus (don't tel Scott) there are a few places that are considered to be behind the university. Do you mean by the life science labs? Or the halls?

Having said that, I agree with Andy. See you at kellaway avenue. And then you can drop the pair of us on any of the hills Smile
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Saturday 28th September - Burrington for brunch   Saturday 28th September - Burrington for brunch EmptyTue Sep 24, 2013 9:46 am

Julia.Innes wrote:
Where exactly is behind uwe? I jog around that campus (don't tel Scott) there are a few places that are considered to be behind the university. Do you mean by the life science labs? Or the halls?

Having said that, I agree with Andy. See you at kellaway avenue. And then you can drop the pair of us on any of the hills Smile
It's on the shared path that goes through the new housing development at the top of the hill.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Saturday 28th September - Burrington for brunch   Saturday 28th September - Burrington for brunch EmptyTue Sep 24, 2013 12:56 pm

I'm up for joining this ride - what time do you reckon you'll get to where the festival way crosses Yanley Lane in Long Ashton?

Back to top Go down
bigsenior

bigsenior

PostSubject: Re: Saturday 28th September - Burrington for brunch   Saturday 28th September - Burrington for brunch EmptyTue Sep 24, 2013 7:32 pm

Julia.Innes wrote:
Heres a clue:----

Leave start point behind UWE @ 9.00

Leave Kellaway Builders on Kellaway Avenue @ 9.20

The route: http://ridewithgps.com/routes/3397599
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Saturday 28th September - Burrington for brunch   Saturday 28th September - Burrington for brunch Empty

Back to top Go down

Saturday 28th September - Burrington for brunch
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next