Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  Log in  RegisterRegister  

May Day Bank Holiday 5th

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
bigsenior

bigsenior

May Day Bank Holiday 5th Empty
PostSubject: May Day Bank Holiday 5th   May Day Bank Holiday 5th EmptyTue Apr 22, 2014 12:02 pm

Heading north for this one to my neck of the woods.
First stop is the airfield at Nympsfield then up the "w" over the Cotswolds drop back into Stroud to the Lock Keeps for stop number 2. then flatish back home

http://ridewithgps.com/routes/4515912
Go for an early start again 09.00hrs so we can enjoy the sun shine and views plus spend more time in the cafe's.
Main start at Costa but check out the route as if you live somewhere along the route then it might be wiser to join in on the way out and peel of on the way home.
Back to top Go down
http://bigsnr@yahoo.co.uk
bigsenior

bigsenior

PostSubject: Re: May Day Bank Holiday 5th   May Day Bank Holiday 5th EmptySun Apr 27, 2014 9:20 pm

Just a reminder for you all so you can put in your time off for good behavior requests in now.!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Mon ride   May Day Bank Holiday 5th EmptyWed Apr 30, 2014 7:06 pm

Looks good Scott , quite a long one for me , will the pace be steady? Bit nervous of the 4000ft of climbing !
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: May Day Bank Holiday 5th   May Day Bank Holiday 5th EmptyWed Apr 30, 2014 8:55 pm

The girls are writing this stuff on purpose!

Cue Martin / Tom / Scott.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: May Day Bank Holiday 5th   May Day Bank Holiday 5th EmptyWed Apr 30, 2014 9:05 pm

Well Paul, how could I turn that down.

Holly, Scott tends to keep a steady rhythm if it's a long ride so don't worry he'll be gentle with us all.......

Back to top Go down
Slow_Darren

Slow_Darren

PostSubject: Re: May Day Bank Holiday 5th   May Day Bank Holiday 5th EmptyWed Apr 30, 2014 9:29 pm

I always find I feel good after a long ride.
Back to top Go down
https://www.linkedin.com/profile/view?id=170408918&trk=nav_r
bigsenior

bigsenior

PostSubject: Re: May Day Bank Holiday 5th   May Day Bank Holiday 5th EmptyThu May 01, 2014 1:16 pm

I thought I was very gentle last time we had a long hard ride and i will be the same this time .Mind you as I intend to peel of at Stonehouse on the way back I cannot guarantee/take responsibility what happens after that. Very Happy 
I will have the van at home in Stonehouse as i am riding down to the start so if any one is suffering i will pop their bike in the back and take them home!
Back to top Go down
ricky G

ricky G

PostSubject: Re: May Day Bank Holiday 5th   May Day Bank Holiday 5th EmptyFri May 02, 2014 12:11 am

Holly I will look after you, your be fine
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: May Day Bank Holiday 5th   May Day Bank Holiday 5th EmptyFri May 02, 2014 1:22 pm

Thanks everyone ( : hopefully see you Monday
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: May Day Bank Holiday 5th   May Day Bank Holiday 5th EmptyFri May 02, 2014 2:55 pm

Hi Scott hoping to make it along to this epic
Cheers
Cameron
Back to top Go down
Chateau1984

Chateau1984

PostSubject: Re: May Day Bank Holiday 5th   May Day Bank Holiday 5th EmptyFri May 02, 2014 4:02 pm

I'll try not to oversleep and make this one...Good training for my 185 miles over two days in 2 weeks time
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: May Day Bank Holiday 5th   May Day Bank Holiday 5th EmptyFri May 02, 2014 4:43 pm

If I get enough work done on Sunday post pavlova I'll be there.

I've got some great stories from this trip I went on to an island near Spain Scott.
Back to top Go down
bigsenior

bigsenior

PostSubject: Re: May Day Bank Holiday 5th   May Day Bank Holiday 5th EmptySat May 03, 2014 7:59 pm

Slight change of plan re second stop.Coaley village hall are doing cream teas it would be a shame not to pop in.Its only 1/2 mile off route
Back to top Go down
bigsenior

bigsenior

PostSubject: Re: May Day Bank Holiday 5th   May Day Bank Holiday 5th EmptySat May 03, 2014 9:33 pm

The weather men are saying 17C for Monday affraid It will be like a small island near Spain.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Mon ride   May Day Bank Holiday 5th EmptySun May 04, 2014 5:18 pm

looks like my other half will have to work tomorrow afternoon so unlikely I can now come as need to be back by lunchtime ) :
Back to top Go down
bigsenior

bigsenior

PostSubject: Re: May Day Bank Holiday 5th   May Day Bank Holiday 5th EmptySun May 04, 2014 9:19 pm

Are we all ready for a big long one tomorrow?
Back to top Go down
Chateau1984

Chateau1984

PostSubject: Re: May Day Bank Holiday 5th   May Day Bank Holiday 5th EmptySun May 04, 2014 9:21 pm

O I say....Just checked my bike over and all set to go. What time do we expect to be back tomorrow?
Back to top Go down
DaveE

DaveE

PostSubject: Re: May Day Bank Holiday 5th   May Day Bank Holiday 5th EmptySun May 04, 2014 10:26 pm

Hoping to be out tomorrow. About 20 miles further than my previous longest ride. It's going to be a tough one for me, so I'll be bringing up the rear! Save me some cake...
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: May Day Bank Holiday 5th   May Day Bank Holiday 5th EmptySun May 04, 2014 10:38 pm

Chateau1984: 85 miles at a conservative average speed of 14 mph gives you 6 hours, plus 2 x 45 minute cafe stops, plus 30 minutes for miscellaneous stops and you get an approximate ride time of 8 hours, excluding mechanicals. As we are starting at 9 am I wouldn't expect to be home until after 5 pm at the earliest.

If you need to be home earlier you can always break off anytime you like but then you'll have to find your own way back.
Back to top Go down
Chateau1984

Chateau1984

PostSubject: Re: May Day Bank Holiday 5th   May Day Bank Holiday 5th EmptySun May 04, 2014 11:59 pm

Gary wrote:
Chateau1984: 85 miles at a conservative average speed of 14 mph gives you 6 hours, plus 2 x 45 minute cafe stops, plus 30 minutes for miscellaneous stops and you get an approximate ride time of 8 hours, excluding mechanicals. As we are starting at 9 am I wouldn't expect to be home until after 5 pm at the earliest.

If you need to be home earlier you can always break off anytime you like but then you'll have to find your own way back.

Sounds good,

Thanks Gary  Very Happy 
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: May Day Bank Holiday 5th   May Day Bank Holiday 5th Empty

Back to top Go down

May Day Bank Holiday 5th
Page 1 of 1