Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  Log in  RegisterRegister  

Thursday 23 October

Go down 
AuthorMessage

Thursday 23 October Empty
PostSubject: Thursday 23 October   Thursday 23 October EmptyMon Oct 20, 2014 11:05 pm

The weather in our neck of the woods is looking half decent for thursday so I'm thinking about doing this 45 miler (it's next Sunday's route with the bit up to Trelleck chopped off to keep the mileage down).

http://ridewithgps.com/routes/6318145

Start from Costa Bradley Stoke about 9.45 am.

I'll confirm if it's a goer, on Wednesday evening.

Back to top Go down
funkyfearon

funkyfearon

PostSubject: Re: Thursday 23 October   Thursday 23 October EmptyTue Oct 21, 2014 7:31 am

I'll be there
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Thursday 23 October   Thursday 23 October EmptyTue Oct 21, 2014 1:48 pm

I'd lose the lanes between miles 12 and 14 if I were you Gary. They're overgrown, pitted and gravel strewn at the best of times. Even if the weather is OK Thursday they're be covered in mud, cow Sh*T and tree fall after this current lovely weather...
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Thursday 23 October   Thursday 23 October EmptyTue Oct 21, 2014 5:12 pm

Good call Martin. Having had my memory jogged I agree that stretch is pretty dire at the best of times so I will avoid it. Trouble now is, I want to do the long climb from mile 14 up to Shirenewton but with the M48 off limits for obvious reasons, the only way to get to it from the Wye Valley link road is via the A48. Ah well, it's only a 3 mile stretch.

If anyone has downloaded the original route from rwgps, I've now amended the route so you can download it again.

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Thursday 23 October   Thursday 23 October EmptyWed Oct 22, 2014 9:41 pm

The ride is on. Weather forecast is breezy and cloudy. A little drizzle and brighter spells are possible too.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Thursday 23 October   Thursday 23 October Empty

Back to top Go down

Thursday 23 October
Page 1 of 1