Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  Log in  RegisterRegister  

Thursday 19th Feb

Go down 
AuthorMessage

Thursday 19th Feb Empty
PostSubject: Thursday 19th Feb   Thursday 19th Feb EmptyThu Feb 12, 2015 10:39 pm

Planning a slightly longer ride with Jarek [el gakko]. Weather allowing, out to Abergavenny, up The Tumble, descend down to Pontypool, back to Chepstow via Usk. Should be just over 80 miles return from BS, bit over 6,000 feet of climbing.

Approx itinerary could be: départ 9 am Hambrook lights; 9.15 BS Costa; 9.45 Bridge. Cafe stop probably Pontypool [I haven't cafe stopped there before, Market Square Coffee House looks a possibility. Russian apparently].

Route http://ridewithgps.com/routes/6963897
Jarek - I've flipped the out and return route to Usk. Makes a more varied ride.
Back to top Go down

Thursday 19th Feb Empty
PostSubject: Re: Thursday 19th Feb   Thursday 19th Feb EmptyTue Feb 17, 2015 10:14 pm

Don't think anyone else was thinking of joining this ride, but just in case, thought I'd better say that due to very wet weather forecast for Thursday, I decided to do this ride today instead, Tuesday. Very nice it was too! Let's all stay inside Thursday Laughing !!
Back to top Go down

Thursday 19th Feb Empty
PostSubject: Re: Thursday 19th Feb   Thursday 19th Feb EmptyWed Feb 18, 2015 6:27 pm

What were conditions like as you climbed the Tumble ? Any snow or ice ?
Back to top Go down

Thursday 19th Feb Empty
PostSubject: Re: Thursday 19th Feb   Thursday 19th Feb EmptyWed Feb 18, 2015 10:45 pm

Gary wrote:
What were conditions like as you climbed the Tumble ? Any snow or ice ?
The wind up top was cold and dark cloud hung over the high ground without actually producing any precipitation. There were a few patches of snow on some shady parts of the high mountain sides but the road over the Tumble was completely free of ice and snow. I had encountered some small ice patches on shaded roads earlier in the morning as I approached Usk [I had followed NCR 42, skirting round the north of Wentwood], but it was melting and easy to spot. The weather forecast is looking good for you - you should have a great ride! sunny
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Thursday 19th Feb Empty
PostSubject: Re: Thursday 19th Feb   Thursday 19th Feb Empty

Back to top Go down

Thursday 19th Feb
Page 1 of 1