Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  Log in  RegisterRegister  

Wednesday the turd August evening ride.

Go down 
3 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage

Wednesday the turd August evening ride. - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Wednesday the turd August evening ride.   Wednesday the turd August evening ride. - Page 2 EmptyWed Aug 03, 2011 2:45 pm

I am going to try and make this. Has the start time gone back from 6.30 to something earlier ??
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Wednesday the turd August evening ride.   Wednesday the turd August evening ride. - Page 2 EmptyWed Aug 03, 2011 7:48 pm

Sorry lads just got back from work Sad hope you had a good ride??
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Wednesday the turd August evening ride.   Wednesday the turd August evening ride. - Page 2 EmptyWed Aug 03, 2011 9:57 pm

So I'll hold my hands up and say I was partly to blame for the 'incident' that resulted in losing John - John, I'm really sorry, I was heading what I thought was the only cycle-friendly route to the Severn Bridge, I didn't know there was another route that we could turn on to.

Genuinely sorry to cock up your evening - it was naiveté on my part rather than anything malicious (and I wasn't the only one to blame!).

Other than that, nice ride, good to meet some people I haven't met before, but marred by the balls-up. Sorry to anyone else who was pissed off too - like I said, it was my unfamiliarity that (partly) caused it, rather than anything spiteful.
Back to top Go down
aerobully

aerobully

PostSubject: Re: Wednesday the turd August evening ride.   Wednesday the turd August evening ride. - Page 2 EmptyWed Aug 03, 2011 10:16 pm

Norris, I'm happy to take some of the blame with you as we did head off at a bit of a pace through the village and missed the first turning that would have looped us around Easter Compton etc. I am sorry we lost a couple of riders in the regrouping but as you say but we finally did have a good ride. I think we ought to follow the leader next time or at least someone who knows where we are going.
Back to top Go down
http://www.linkedin.com/profile/view?id=5807558&authType=nam

PostSubject: Re: Wednesday the turd August evening ride.   Wednesday the turd August evening ride. - Page 2 EmptyThu Aug 04, 2011 7:26 am

Hands up too for being at the front.

The last comment I got was "Same route as Sunday to the Bridge"
hence the route I took.

Have no fear I will NOT be helping out anymore.
Back to top Go down
Nick

PostSubject: Re: Wednesday the turd August evening ride.   Wednesday the turd August evening ride. - Page 2 EmptyThu Aug 04, 2011 7:54 am

Bah don't take it so seriously John, mistakes & miscommunication happens, it was only a bike ride at the end of the day. Apologies for being a bit shouty when I caught you lot up, I'd being doing 28mph trying to catch you so was out of breath and struggling to talk :p

I don't think it's practical that the person who posts the route needs to stay on the front all the time but anyone going to the front instead either needs to know where they're going (I never do...) or needs to slow down for directions rather than just making assumptions.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Wednesday the turd August evening ride.   Wednesday the turd August evening ride. - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

Wednesday the turd August evening ride.
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2