Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  Log in  RegisterRegister  

Easter Monday 28 March Tarmac Ride

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage

Easter Monday 28 March Tarmac Ride Empty
PostSubject: Easter Monday 28 March Tarmac Ride   Easter Monday 28 March Tarmac Ride EmptySun Mar 20, 2016 9:54 pm

With Stephen taking the main ride over to Tintern on Sunday I'm torn between doing an 85 miler taking in Cheddar and Weston, and a 60 ish miler to Hullavington. With it being a bank holiday Cheddar and Weston will be busy whereas Hullavington won't.

If you'd like to join me and have a preference please let me know. I'll make a decision this Tuesday.
Back to top Go down
scanavan

scanavan

PostSubject: Re: Easter Monday 28 March Tarmac Ride   Easter Monday 28 March Tarmac Ride EmptyMon Mar 21, 2016 4:18 pm

I'll join you Gary. Any chance I can be cheeky and suggest an early start. Cheddar is always good.
Back to top Go down
DJ Rudec

DJ Rudec

PostSubject: Re: Easter Monday 28 March Tarmac Ride   Easter Monday 28 March Tarmac Ride EmptyTue Mar 22, 2016 3:19 pm

Yup, I'm up for eating up some Cheddar tarmac...but I may join you en route considering you will be travelling southwards anyway.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Easter Monday 28 March Tarmac Ride   Easter Monday 28 March Tarmac Ride EmptyTue Mar 22, 2016 4:57 pm

It's a Bank Holiday so a nice chunk of Cheddar it is with a portion of Weston on the side ! It's an anticlockwise route, a gnat's over 80 miles with a mere 3,785 ft of climbing, the biggest lump of that being the climb up out of Cheddar, mwah ha ha Twisted Evil

The Route

With two scheduled stops for light refreshments I estimate it'll take us a good 7 hours to complete so as Stephen, the cheeky little monkey, suggested it'll be chocks away from Bradley Stoke at 8.30 am. (please say if you think this is too early or too late anyone thinking of coming along).

Back to top Go down
DJ Rudec

DJ Rudec

PostSubject: Re: Easter Monday 28 March Tarmac Ride   Easter Monday 28 March Tarmac Ride EmptyTue Mar 22, 2016 6:03 pm

Thanks for designing the route to go exactly 20ft away from my front door Gary. I'll meet you by the Cambridge Arms on cold harbour road at 845...ish?
Back to top Go down
PaddyMac

PaddyMac

PostSubject: Re: Easter Monday 28 March Tarmac Ride   Easter Monday 28 March Tarmac Ride EmptyTue Mar 22, 2016 10:48 pm

Have fun boys n girls, looks a fun route! I'm planning to have the mother of all hangovers after getting married the night before affraid
Back to top Go down
http://www.patmcintyre.co.uk/

PostSubject: Re: Easter Monday 28 March Tarmac Ride   Easter Monday 28 March Tarmac Ride EmptyTue Mar 22, 2016 10:57 pm

PaddyMac wrote:
Have fun boys n girls, looks a fun route! I'm planning to have the mother of all hangovers after getting married the night before affraid

Ok Pat, I'll let you off. Aren't you concerned about the effect that alcohol has on the performance of a certain bodily appendage on your wedding night ?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Easter Monday 28 March Tarmac Ride   Easter Monday 28 March Tarmac Ride EmptyTue Mar 22, 2016 11:19 pm

DJ Rudec wrote:
Thanks for designing the route to go exactly 20ft away from my front door Gary. I'll meet you by the Cambridge Arms on cold harbour road at 845...ish?

Cheers Andrew. 15 minutes to get from BS to the Cambridge Arms ? ! You're getting me mixed up with that other 'G' man, it's a common mistake !

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

As I've stopped taking meldonium it'll take me more like 25 minutes so don't be worried if we don't show up until just before 9 am. I'll pm you my mobile number so you can contact me if there are any last minute calamities.
Back to top Go down
DJ Rudec

DJ Rudec

PostSubject: Re: Easter Monday 28 March Tarmac Ride   Easter Monday 28 March Tarmac Ride EmptyTue Mar 22, 2016 11:29 pm

Gary wrote:
DJ Rudec wrote:

Cheers Andrew. 15 minutes to get from BS to the Cambridge Arms ? ! You're getting me mixed up with that other 'G' man, it's a common mistake !

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

As I've stopped taking meldonium it'll take me more like 25 minutes so don't be worried if we don't show up until just before 9 am. I'll pm you my mobile number so you can contact me if there are any last minute calamities.

Yeah maybe I was under estimating how long it takes me to get to BS on a Sunday morning.....
Ok well if you do get there by 845 I'll get the beers in drunken
Back to top Go down
scanavan

scanavan

PostSubject: Re: Easter Monday 28 March Tarmac Ride   Easter Monday 28 March Tarmac Ride EmptyWed Mar 23, 2016 2:18 pm

See you Monday.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Easter Monday 28 March Tarmac Ride   Easter Monday 28 March Tarmac Ride EmptyFri Mar 25, 2016 11:02 pm

Daily Express headline today:

STORM KATIE ON WAY: Catastrophic weather with heavy rain and roaring gales THIS WEEKEND

Since we're likely to get soaked and blown to kingdom-come on Sunday, I'll probably bail out of Monday's trip to Cheddar. I'll make a decision tomorrow.
Back to top Go down
DJ Rudec

DJ Rudec

PostSubject: Re: Easter Monday 28 March Tarmac Ride   Easter Monday 28 March Tarmac Ride EmptySat Mar 26, 2016 9:05 am

Gary wrote:
Daily Express headline today:

STORM KATIE ON WAY: Catastrophic weather with heavy rain and roaring gales THIS WEEKEND

Since we're likely to get soaked and blown to kingdom-come on Sunday, I'll probably bail out of Monday's trip to Cheddar. I'll make a decision tomorrow.

Yeah maybe a good idea. Gusts of up to 60mph possible on Monday. Let's see how tomorrow goes. Time to bring the gravel bike back out I reckon...might stop me from getting blown away!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Easter Monday 28 March Tarmac Ride   Easter Monday 28 March Tarmac Ride EmptySat Mar 26, 2016 9:14 pm

Good idea, lets see how tomorrow goes.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Easter Monday 28 March Tarmac Ride   Easter Monday 28 March Tarmac Ride EmptySun Mar 27, 2016 7:51 pm

Thankfully no rain during the Sunday ride today and the wind wasn't too strong. Storm Katie should pass through while we're tucked up in bed so I'm looking forward to the ride tomorrow.

Planning on stopping at Heathers coffee shop (mile 22.5) and somewhere in Cheddar.
Back to top Go down
DJ Rudec

DJ Rudec

PostSubject: Re: Easter Monday 28 March Tarmac Ride   Easter Monday 28 March Tarmac Ride EmptySun Mar 27, 2016 9:12 pm

Gary wrote:
Thankfully no rain during the Sunday ride today and the wind wasn't too strong. Storm Katie should pass through while we're tucked up in bed so I'm looking forward to the ride tomorrow.

Planning on stopping at Heathers coffee shop (mile 22.5) and somewhere in Cheddar.

No rain....until I left Bradley stoke to get home! Got soaked....but the sun popped out to dry me out again so not a problem. Weathers look good for tomorrow after 10 o clock.
Back to top Go down
robinx

PostSubject: Re: Easter Monday 28 March Tarmac Ride   Easter Monday 28 March Tarmac Ride EmptySun Mar 27, 2016 9:34 pm

Is this still starting at 08:30 please?
Back to top Go down
DJ Rudec

DJ Rudec

PostSubject: Re: Easter Monday 28 March Tarmac Ride   Easter Monday 28 March Tarmac Ride EmptySun Mar 27, 2016 10:45 pm

robinx wrote:
Is this still starting at 08:30 please?

Yeah should be. 830 from Costa Bradley Stoke. Check this forum tomorrow morning though....weather may change.
Back to top Go down
scanavan

scanavan

PostSubject: Re: Easter Monday 28 March Tarmac Ride   Easter Monday 28 March Tarmac Ride EmptyMon Mar 28, 2016 7:51 am

Looking good
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Easter Monday 28 March Tarmac Ride   Easter Monday 28 March Tarmac Ride EmptyMon Mar 28, 2016 8:01 am

That's stretching the definition of good a bit but let's stay positive.
Back to top Go down
DJ Rudec

DJ Rudec

PostSubject: Re: Easter Monday 28 March Tarmac Ride   Easter Monday 28 March Tarmac Ride EmptyMon Mar 28, 2016 8:18 am

scanavan wrote:
Looking good

All going to plan. I can see blue sky
Back to top Go down
DJ Rudec

DJ Rudec

PostSubject: Re: Easter Monday 28 March Tarmac Ride   Easter Monday 28 March Tarmac Ride EmptyMon Mar 28, 2016 8:28 am

I'll be at the Cambridge at 9
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Easter Monday 28 March Tarmac Ride   Easter Monday 28 March Tarmac Ride Empty

Back to top Go down

Easter Monday 28 March Tarmac Ride
Page 1 of 1