Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  Log in  RegisterRegister  

Trip over the bridge and beyond THIS SATURDAY 6TH APRIL

Go down 
2 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage

Trip over the bridge and beyond  THIS SATURDAY 6TH APRIL - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Trip-over-the-bridge-and-beyond-this-saturday-6th-april   Trip over the bridge and beyond  THIS SATURDAY 6TH APRIL - Page 2 EmptyThu Apr 04, 2013 7:15 pm

I'm also looking to ride the longer cake ride so I may catch you Sunday. Have a good ride on Saturday, Hopefully the wind would have died down a tad as the Bridge crossing today was decidedly hairy.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Trip over the bridge and beyond THIS SATURDAY 6TH APRIL   Trip over the bridge and beyond  THIS SATURDAY 6TH APRIL - Page 2 EmptyThu Apr 04, 2013 9:42 pm

I have to say Colin, the wind was horrendous enough in Bristol today so must have been like a hurricane on the bridge!!!!!
My wonderful son has just informed me that he now wants to go back to university on Sunday am not pm as we planned. The gutting news for me is that I will now miss the cake ride on Sunday. Devastated. Will definitely be on the run in June though.
Cheers
Back to top Go down
Cookiemonster

Cookiemonster

PostSubject: Re: Trip over the bridge and beyond THIS SATURDAY 6TH APRIL   Trip over the bridge and beyond  THIS SATURDAY 6TH APRIL - Page 2 EmptyFri Apr 05, 2013 9:28 pm

I'm up for this one. See you guys tomorrow
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Trip over the bridge and beyond THIS SATURDAY 6TH APRIL   Trip over the bridge and beyond  THIS SATURDAY 6TH APRIL - Page 2 EmptyFri Apr 05, 2013 9:50 pm

Hi Gary , If i download the route Scaramanga posted on this thread and reverse it is that the exact route we're taking?

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Trip over the bridge and beyond THIS SATURDAY 6TH APRIL   Trip over the bridge and beyond  THIS SATURDAY 6TH APRIL - Page 2 EmptyFri Apr 05, 2013 10:31 pm

Road bike fully repaired (thanks to AndyA) and prepped following it's collapse after the LVIS the other weekend so I'll be there tomorrow am. (New tyres, new free-hub, new cassette, new cables...what could possibly go wrong???!!!????)
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Trip over the bridge and beyond THIS SATURDAY 6TH APRIL   Trip over the bridge and beyond  THIS SATURDAY 6TH APRIL - Page 2 EmptyFri Apr 05, 2013 10:41 pm

Hi Martin
Not exactly sure whether it is exactly the same route. The one I am planning tomorrow I have ridden 3 times before so know it well. It would be interesting to see after the ride whether it is the same. Looks like we have a good group tomorrow. See you all at Aztec in the morning. I also see Speedplay is now joining us which is great. Hope you all enjoy the ride.
Kind regards
Gary
Back to top Go down
bigsenior

bigsenior

PostSubject: Re: Trip over the bridge and beyond THIS SATURDAY 6TH APRIL   Trip over the bridge and beyond  THIS SATURDAY 6TH APRIL - Page 2 EmptyFri Apr 05, 2013 10:45 pm

Speedplay wrote:
Road bike fully repaired (thanks to AndyA) and prepped following it's collapse after the LVIS the other weekend so I'll be there tomorrow am. (New tyres, new free-hub, new cassette, new cables...what could possibly go wrong???!!!????)

You have my number ! lol!
Back to top Go down
http://bigsnr@yahoo.co.uk

PostSubject: Re: Trip over the bridge and beyond THIS SATURDAY 6TH APRIL   Trip over the bridge and beyond  THIS SATURDAY 6TH APRIL - Page 2 EmptyFri Apr 05, 2013 10:48 pm

Ha ha Scott. Maybe I could phone you to pick me up at Trellech after that bloody big hill.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Trip over the bridge and beyond THIS SATURDAY 6TH APRIL   Trip over the bridge and beyond  THIS SATURDAY 6TH APRIL - Page 2 EmptyFri Apr 05, 2013 11:03 pm

And Cookie monster I have just noticed is also joining us.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: if Carlsberg did excuses   Trip over the bridge and beyond  THIS SATURDAY 6TH APRIL - Page 2 EmptySat Apr 06, 2013 12:14 pm

Hi really sorry I didn't make this one. Had a bit of a bug for the last few days rather than abating, as I'd hoped, it gathered pace in the night keeping me up wheezing, shivering and farting. To be fair the farting's probably unrelated but not something I've noticed in the past as I 'm asleep! I guess it might explain why I'm often woken by my my frantic, saucer eyed cat trying to tunnel his black and white way out under the bedroom door. Poor Jack!

Last edited by martin on Sat Apr 06, 2013 12:24 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Trip over the bridge and beyond THIS SATURDAY 6TH APRIL   Trip over the bridge and beyond  THIS SATURDAY 6TH APRIL - Page 2 EmptySat Apr 06, 2013 12:18 pm

in therapy they call that "over share" ..... cheers martin :)
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Trip over the bridge and beyond THIS SATURDAY 6TH APRIL   Trip over the bridge and beyond  THIS SATURDAY 6TH APRIL - Page 2 EmptySat Apr 06, 2013 12:21 pm

Well I was reckoning on no one reading it till AFTER lunch............ pig Oops......
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Trip over the bridge and beyond THIS SATURDAY 6TH APRIL   Trip over the bridge and beyond  THIS SATURDAY 6TH APRIL - Page 2 EmptySat Apr 06, 2013 6:03 pm

Hi Martin
Funny you mention a black and white cat, whilst at Aztec this morning, said cat ran past with a peg on his nose and eyes the size of dinner plates!!!!!
We waited until 8.45am but decided that we better not leave Karen freezing on the bridge. Me, Steve and Dave Morgan, Chris and Alex went today and we met Karen at the bridge. I will download the ride and try and put the link on here. I hope everyone enjoyed the day, I know I did. Thanks to you all for making my pain a little easier on those darn hills. We must do a similar route but plan for the 100 miles.
Cheers.
Gary
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Trip over the bridge and beyond SATURDAY 6 April   Trip over the bridge and beyond  THIS SATURDAY 6TH APRIL - Page 2 EmptySat Apr 06, 2013 6:20 pm

What a fantastic route, great weather, great company and fab cake! What more could you ask for.... Would defo like to do that one again... my legs are complaining now though.

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Trip over the bridge and beyond THIS SATURDAY 6TH APRIL   Trip over the bridge and beyond  THIS SATURDAY 6TH APRIL - Page 2 EmptySat Apr 06, 2013 6:21 pm

How was the climb up to Trellach from Mitchell Troy??

Heres a similar route but 100 miles, I have the gpx on GC if you want it.

http://app.strava.com/activities/11356049
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Trip over the bridge and beyond THIS SATURDAY 6TH APRIL   Trip over the bridge and beyond  THIS SATURDAY 6TH APRIL - Page 2 EmptySat Apr 06, 2013 6:45 pm

In one word David, painful!!!!!!!
That is such a wonderful present after coffee and cake. Steve, Alex, Dave and Chris nailed it, Karen and I were too busy admiring the views, ha ha.
We must look at that route and try planning it when a bit warmer. Very weird today, cold one minute and overheating the next. Chris also spoke about a 170k Gospel ride which sounds bloody hard but also strangely alluring.
Cheers
Gary
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Trip over the bridge and beyond THIS SATURDAY 6TH APRIL   Trip over the bridge and beyond  THIS SATURDAY 6TH APRIL - Page 2 EmptySat Apr 06, 2013 7:37 pm

It is painful, especially when you are straight out of the cafe and full of cake.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Trip over the bridge and beyond THIS SATURDAY 6TH APRIL   Trip over the bridge and beyond  THIS SATURDAY 6TH APRIL - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

Trip over the bridge and beyond THIS SATURDAY 6TH APRIL
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2