Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  Log in  RegisterRegister  

Tuesday 16th April Evening ride

Go down 
3 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Jimmyb88

Jimmyb88

Tuesday 16th April Evening ride Empty
PostSubject: Tuesday 16th April Evening ride   Tuesday 16th April Evening ride EmptyMon Apr 15, 2013 6:45 pm

Looking to take my new bike out for a ride tomorrow evening heading out towards bath on the cycle track, coming off at warmley through kelston and then back on the cycle track.

Starting point is the old platform on the cycle track where it splits to go to bath and downend/yate. Route is about 20 miles from starting point and finishing at the same point.

Looking to start about 5pm.

http://connect.garmin.com/course/3305514

Back to top Go down
Scott.A

Scott.A

PostSubject: Re: Tuesday 16th April Evening ride   Tuesday 16th April Evening ride EmptyMon Apr 15, 2013 7:57 pm

Where is the starting point James? If I could get to it, I may be up for this with you.
Back to top Go down
bigsenior

bigsenior

PostSubject: Re: Tuesday 16th April Evening ride   Tuesday 16th April Evening ride EmptyMon Apr 15, 2013 8:02 pm

Back to top Go down
http://bigsnr@yahoo.co.uk
Scott.A

Scott.A

PostSubject: Re: Tuesday 16th April Evening ride   Tuesday 16th April Evening ride EmptyMon Apr 15, 2013 8:07 pm

Thanks Scott.
Back to top Go down
Jimmyb88

Jimmyb88

PostSubject: Re: Tuesday 16th April Evening ride   Tuesday 16th April Evening ride EmptyMon Apr 15, 2013 8:54 pm

Cheers bigsenior.

I will PM you my number Scott. I can alter the start point if you are a little unsure of it?
Back to top Go down
Scott.A

Scott.A

PostSubject: Re: Tuesday 16th April Evening ride   Tuesday 16th April Evening ride EmptyMon Apr 15, 2013 9:15 pm

Pm sent
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Tuesday 16th April Evening ride   Tuesday 16th April Evening ride EmptyTue Apr 16, 2013 12:42 am

I'd like to join the two of you. New Scott, will you be cycling from Bradley Stoke, if so shall we meet up ?
Back to top Go down
Scott.A

Scott.A

PostSubject: Re: Tuesday 16th April Evening ride   Tuesday 16th April Evening ride EmptyTue Apr 16, 2013 9:59 am

Gary I was going to take the bike in the car and meet at James' house. But I am more than happy to ride down with you instead. I am not too familiar with the area
but my car satnav is.
PM me your contact number and we can arrange it?
Back to top Go down
bigsenior

bigsenior

PostSubject: Re: Tuesday 16th April Evening ride   Tuesday 16th April Evening ride EmptyTue Apr 16, 2013 10:32 am

Wanna Garmin705 to borrow?
Back to top Go down
Scott.A

Scott.A

PostSubject: Re: Tuesday 16th April Evening ride   Tuesday 16th April Evening ride EmptyTue Apr 16, 2013 10:38 am

I had it before Scott and didn't make head or tail of it, although I didn't actually press any buttons while it was in my possession. But thanks anyway, if Gary joins us I will follow him, if not I have James' postcode.
Back to top Go down
bigsenior

bigsenior

PostSubject: Re: Tuesday 16th April Evening ride   Tuesday 16th April Evening ride EmptyTue Apr 16, 2013 10:49 am

Yes I do remember .
There is one problem with gps units
YOU HAVE TO TURN THEM ON!PRESS GO Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Scott.A

Scott.A

PostSubject: Re: Tuesday 16th April Evening ride   Tuesday 16th April Evening ride EmptyTue Apr 16, 2013 10:58 am

bigsenior wrote:
Yes I do remember .
There is one problem with gps units
YOU HAVE TO TURN THEM ON!PRESS GO Very Happy

And usually that's when the fun starts with the Garmin's as I read on here Twisted Evil
Back to top Go down
bigsenior

bigsenior

PostSubject: Re: Tuesday 16th April Evening ride   Tuesday 16th April Evening ride EmptyTue Apr 16, 2013 11:09 am

Oh yes they are great fun taking you places you didn't even know you wanted to go.
Wait till you retire and have LOTS of time on your hands then you can get one as they do tend to fill a large part of the day! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Scott.A

Scott.A

PostSubject: Re: Tuesday 16th April Evening ride   Tuesday 16th April Evening ride EmptyTue Apr 16, 2013 11:13 am

Why will they have them sorted out by then? Very Happy
Back to top Go down
bigsenior

bigsenior

PostSubject: Re: Tuesday 16th April Evening ride   Tuesday 16th April Evening ride EmptyTue Apr 16, 2013 11:16 am

NO WAY !It will most likely be even more fun then.
If you do fancy some fun go for a ride and then ask it to take you either back to the start or back home.
I think it has a little inbuilt app to find every hill going on the return trip.Or is that just my experience?
Back to top Go down
Scott.A

Scott.A

PostSubject: Re: Tuesday 16th April Evening ride   Tuesday 16th April Evening ride EmptyTue Apr 16, 2013 11:19 am

I just think you like hills pirat
Back to top Go down
bigsenior

bigsenior

PostSubject: Re: Tuesday 16th April Evening ride   Tuesday 16th April Evening ride EmptyTue Apr 16, 2013 11:24 am

I just the sense of satisfaction that I did it plus I like the views and of course coming down.....
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Tuesday 16th April Evening ride   Tuesday 16th April Evening ride EmptyTue Apr 16, 2013 11:30 am

I don't understand this : when I click on Jame's route link it says "site down for maintenance" yet I'm logged into Garmin connect and it's fine. This is yet another thing in the ever growing list of things I don't understand. It's right up there with why do people watch Jeremy Kyle ?
Back to top Go down
bigsenior

bigsenior

PostSubject: Re: Tuesday 16th April Evening ride   Tuesday 16th April Evening ride EmptyTue Apr 16, 2013 11:43 am

Dont you just lurve Garmin?
Last week it was MMR this week Garmin the little nerds are having fun again I expect seeing if they can make it even harder to understand.
They have to warrant their wages after all. What was wrong with DOS and O/S maps
Back to top Go down
bigsenior

bigsenior

PostSubject: Re: Tuesday 16th April Evening ride   Tuesday 16th April Evening ride EmptyTue Apr 16, 2013 11:46 am

New.Scott wrote:
Also I love to see your faces when you go round the corner and are faced with a 15% Twisted Evil Twisted Evil Twisted Evil
Back to top Go down
Jimmyb88

Jimmyb88

PostSubject: Re: Tuesday 16th April Evening ride   Tuesday 16th April Evening ride EmptyTue Apr 16, 2013 11:50 am

martin wrote:
I don't understand this : when I click on Jame's route link it says "site down for maintenance" yet I'm logged into Garmin connect and it's fine. This is yet another thing in the ever growing list of things I don't understand. It's right up there with why do people watch Jeremy Kyle ?

I have had the garmin site maintenance page for a while now, trying to plan routes and it cuts out on me. Very annoying.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Tuesday 16th April Evening ride   Tuesday 16th April Evening ride EmptyTue Apr 16, 2013 11:51 am

martin wrote:

Its basically a generic umbrella message for any problems but generally indicates from my experience either route is private or the link is b0rked.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Tuesday 16th April Evening ride   Tuesday 16th April Evening ride EmptyTue Apr 16, 2013 11:57 am

Jimmyb88 wrote:
martin wrote:

I have had the garmin site maintenance page for a while now, trying to plan routes and it cuts out on me. Very annoying.

That's strange, I've just been on there and it's fine. Perhaps you could try a different link to it (Garmin Connect). Maybe there's something specific being worked on on the part of the site you're being taken to.
Back to top Go down
Scott.A

Scott.A

PostSubject: Re: Tuesday 16th April Evening ride   Tuesday 16th April Evening ride EmptyTue Apr 16, 2013 12:04 pm

bigsenior wrote:
New.Scott wrote:
Also I love to see your faces when you go round the corner and are faced with a 15% Twisted Evil Twisted Evil Twisted Evil

Bad man Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Tuesday 16th April Evening ride   Tuesday 16th April Evening ride EmptyTue Apr 16, 2013 3:24 pm

New.Scott wrote:
I had it before Scott and didn't make head or tail of it, although I didn't actually press any buttons while it was in my possession. But thanks anyway, if Gary joins us I will follow him, if not I have James' postcode.

Scott, would you like to meet me at Costa/Tesco Extra, say 4.15pm ?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Tuesday 16th April Evening ride   Tuesday 16th April Evening ride Empty

Back to top Go down

Tuesday 16th April Evening ride
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next