Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  Log in  RegisterRegister  

Severn Road Club Tuesday Evening Time Trial

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage

Severn Road Club Tuesday Evening Time Trial Empty
PostSubject: Severn Road Club Tuesday Evening Time Trial   Severn Road Club Tuesday Evening Time Trial EmptyMon May 06, 2013 6:35 pm

Just for a change...

SRC Club 10 mile TT near Olveston.

https://sites.google.com/site/severnroadclub/club-events/evening-10-2012-details

http://bikeroutetoaster.com/Course.aspx?course=37941

I'm going to be heading out of Stoke Gifford/Bradley Stoke area around 5.30pm to register when sign-on opens at 6. (could maybe go later, but I don't know how popular this one is?)

If anyone wants to join me, or meet me there, let me know. Not expecting responses at such late notice but thought I'd put it out there.

Anyone can enter as a 'Come and try it' rider for £4.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Severn Road Club Tuesday Evening Time Trial   Severn Road Club Tuesday Evening Time Trial EmptyTue May 07, 2013 7:14 am

I would say get there early as they were turning people away on the last one.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Severn Road Club Tuesday Evening Time Trial   Severn Road Club Tuesday Evening Time Trial EmptyTue May 07, 2013 10:28 pm

Quick report to say if any of you are considering your first TT, you'd be lucky to find a more gentle course than that one. Nice roads, a huge descent at the start and quite flat throughout except for a couple of motorway bridges.

Just look at the elevation profile!
http://app.strava.com/activities/52950394
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Severn Road Club Tuesday Evening Time Trial   Severn Road Club Tuesday Evening Time Trial EmptyTue May 07, 2013 11:43 pm

I might have a go at this next week.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Severn Road Club Tuesday Evening Time Trial   Severn Road Club Tuesday Evening Time Trial EmptyWed May 08, 2013 8:20 am

25:27 ... that's a none too shabby a time for an open 10 :)
Back to top Go down
bigsenior

bigsenior

PostSubject: Re: Severn Road Club Tuesday Evening Time Trial   Severn Road Club Tuesday Evening Time Trial EmptyWed May 08, 2013 8:21 am

Thanks John.
I didn't think you would guess it was me.
Back to top Go down
http://bigsnr@yahoo.co.uk

PostSubject: Re: Severn Road Club Tuesday Evening Time Trial   Severn Road Club Tuesday Evening Time Trial EmptyWed May 08, 2013 8:41 am

:lol:

Think the "record" is a shade under 18 mins .... bet that's a pan flat one though ....
Back to top Go down
Nick

PostSubject: Re: Severn Road Club Tuesday Evening Time Trial   Severn Road Club Tuesday Evening Time Trial EmptyWed May 08, 2013 10:27 am

Was looking at doing a few of these to, although knowing me I won't get around to any this year.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Severn Road Club Tuesday Evening Time Trial   Severn Road Club Tuesday Evening Time Trial EmptyWed May 08, 2013 10:54 am

go on nick ... there's got to be at least a 20 dead in you yet :)
I reckon I could manage a respectable, oh lets say, 30 something or other these days !!
Back to top Go down
bigsenior

bigsenior

PostSubject: Re: Severn Road Club Tuesday Evening Time Trial   Severn Road Club Tuesday Evening Time Trial EmptyWed May 08, 2013 10:56 am

Nick Do you want a pace man?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Severn Road Club Tuesday Evening Time Trial   Severn Road Club Tuesday Evening Time Trial EmptyWed May 08, 2013 11:19 am

bigsenior wrote:
Nick Do you want a pace man?
I think you're more pacemaker than paceman Mr Davies Very Happy
Back to top Go down
bigsenior

bigsenior

PostSubject: Re: Severn Road Club Tuesday Evening Time Trial   Severn Road Club Tuesday Evening Time Trial EmptyWed May 08, 2013 11:25 am

I could be like Pac Man and eat the other riders!Or just sit in the road so they cant overtake.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Severn Road Club Tuesday Evening Time Trial   Severn Road Club Tuesday Evening Time Trial EmptyWed May 08, 2013 11:41 am

Speaking of holding up traffic. I was riding down the A38 from Alveston to Almondsbury about 8 last night and passed a guy who looked like he was on his way to or from work, riding a circa 80's Peugeot with a very rusty chain. I passed him near the lights on the Iron Acton/Earthcott turning @ about 25mph and held the pace there or there abouts as long as I could . I sat up approaching the lights where you go over the M4 and nearly jumped out of my skin when I looked over my shoulder and saw him sat a foot from my rear wheel.
We got chatting and he was indeed on his way to rolls for a night shift, the bike cost him £8 from a car booty and he used to race with Bristol Road club..... "Nice carbon bike, of course this un don't change gear ,just got the one" he informed me making my chagrin complete..... "F88k F**kity, Fork,Fook, FecK.... Anyone wanna buy a plastic fantastic bike? I did trump him with with the age card though..........by nearly a whole year Rolling Eyes
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Severn Road Club Tuesday Evening Time Trial   Severn Road Club Tuesday Evening Time Trial EmptyWed May 08, 2013 11:54 am

oh dear ..... :)
Back to top Go down
bigsenior

bigsenior

PostSubject: Re: Severn Road Club Tuesday Evening Time Trial   Severn Road Club Tuesday Evening Time Trial EmptyWed May 08, 2013 12:02 pm

Humble or what.?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Severn Road Club Tuesday Evening Time Trial   Severn Road Club Tuesday Evening Time Trial EmptyWed May 08, 2013 12:08 pm

bigsenior wrote:
Humble or what.?

I've got "a bit of a cold" ???????????????? Embarassed
Back to top Go down
Nick

PostSubject: Re: Severn Road Club Tuesday Evening Time Trial   Severn Road Club Tuesday Evening Time Trial EmptyWed May 08, 2013 1:49 pm

john m wrote:
go on nick ... there's got to be at least a 20 dead in you yet Smile
I reckon I could manage a respectable, oh lets say, 30 something or other these days !!

Hah no chance, my best 10 time was a short 21 (and that was back when I owned a TT bike, shaved my legs, had a skinsuit and silly helmet - fortunately no digital photos of that time exist :p ). I actually used to hate 10's but enjoyed 25's (and the odd 50), although they're obviously shorter they always seemed to hurt a lot more (not that I ever really trained properly and I used to believe warming up was just wasting energy :p ).
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Severn Road Club Tuesday Evening Time Trial   Severn Road Club Tuesday Evening Time Trial Empty

Back to top Go down

Severn Road Club Tuesday Evening Time Trial
Page 1 of 1