Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  Log in  RegisterRegister  

Wednesday 15th May - LEJOG Day 4 - Glastonbury to Monmouth

Go down 
+3
Jimmyb88
Scott.A
bigsenior
7 posters
AuthorMessage

Wednesday 15th May - LEJOG Day 4 - Glastonbury to Monmouth Empty
PostSubject: Wednesday 15th May - LEJOG Day 4 - Glastonbury to Monmouth   Wednesday 15th May - LEJOG Day 4 - Glastonbury to Monmouth EmptyWed May 08, 2013 12:41 pm

As some of you are aware, I begin my End to End ride on Sunday (12th). On the fourth day we will be going from Glastonbury to Monmouth, passing through Bristol. You are all welcome to join us for all or part of the ride on our 'home turf' as it were.

Here is the route: http://ridewithgps.com/routes/2335200?privacy_code=1LUfQXFvxfO4Rdvs

We will start from Tor Rugby Club at 8:45am and will be having lunch at The Plough, Pilning.
My brother Paul (tvpb) is likely to ride down to meet us at Winford and then ride with us up to the Severn bridge, stopping for lunch at Pilning. I'm not sure of what pace we'll be riding at just yet, so can't be sure of the time we will be at Winford, but it may be approximately 10-10:30am. We won't be as quick as a normal club ride, so it may take a while...

Let me know if you are interested.

James

p.s. The route was set by the ride organisers - I don't intend to do all the cycle path shenanigans through Henbury. I'll be riding over Henbury Hill, through Hallen and along Berwick Lane to Easter Compton.
Back to top Go down
bigsenior

bigsenior

PostSubject: Re: Wednesday 15th May - LEJOG Day 4 - Glastonbury to Monmouth   Wednesday 15th May - LEJOG Day 4 - Glastonbury to Monmouth EmptyWed May 08, 2013 12:56 pm

I am going to do my best to join you for some of this James.
Back to top Go down
http://bigsnr@yahoo.co.uk

PostSubject: Re: Wednesday 15th May - LEJOG Day 4 - Glastonbury to Monmouth   Wednesday 15th May - LEJOG Day 4 - Glastonbury to Monmouth EmptyWed May 08, 2013 3:06 pm

Good luck with the ride, I hope the sun shines all the way.
Back to top Go down
Scott.A

Scott.A

PostSubject: Re: Wednesday 15th May - LEJOG Day 4 - Glastonbury to Monmouth   Wednesday 15th May - LEJOG Day 4 - Glastonbury to Monmouth EmptyWed May 08, 2013 3:27 pm

Not enough holiday, otherwise I would of joined you. Good luck with the ride, let's hope the weather stays fair.
Back to top Go down
Jimmyb88

Jimmyb88

PostSubject: Re: Wednesday 15th May - LEJOG Day 4 - Glastonbury to Monmouth   Wednesday 15th May - LEJOG Day 4 - Glastonbury to Monmouth EmptyWed May 08, 2013 4:41 pm

Good luck with the ride James. Have a good time.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Wednesday 15th May - LEJOG Day 4 - Glastonbury to Monmouth   Wednesday 15th May - LEJOG Day 4 - Glastonbury to Monmouth EmptyWed May 08, 2013 5:37 pm

Good luck with the ride with James and i hope it all goes well. Sorry I cant join you as I'm working that day!
Back to top Go down
bigsenior

bigsenior

PostSubject: Re: Wednesday 15th May - LEJOG Day 4 - Glastonbury to Monmouth   Wednesday 15th May - LEJOG Day 4 - Glastonbury to Monmouth EmptyWed May 08, 2013 5:40 pm

We are going to offer up Boardman as a sacrifice to ensure south westerly winds for you .
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Wednesday 15th May - LEJOG Day 4 - Glastonbury to Monmouth   Wednesday 15th May - LEJOG Day 4 - Glastonbury to Monmouth EmptyWed May 08, 2013 5:59 pm

bigsenior wrote:
We are going to offer up Boardman as a sacrifice to ensure south westerly winds for you .

the man the brand or A bike?
Back to top Go down
clifton9

clifton9

PostSubject: Re: Wednesday 15th May - LEJOG Day 4 - Glastonbury to Monmouth   Wednesday 15th May - LEJOG Day 4 - Glastonbury to Monmouth EmptyWed May 08, 2013 6:54 pm

Hi James, GoodLuck with it, Be Safe !
Back to top Go down
http://www.centrelineair.co.uk

PostSubject: Re: Wednesday 15th May - LEJOG Day 4 - Glastonbury to Monmouth   Wednesday 15th May - LEJOG Day 4 - Glastonbury to Monmouth EmptyThu May 09, 2013 2:15 pm

The very best of luck James ;-)
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Wednesday 15th May - LEJOG Day 4 - Glastonbury to Monmouth   Wednesday 15th May - LEJOG Day 4 - Glastonbury to Monmouth EmptyThu May 09, 2013 5:36 pm

keep it rubber side down James ....

Andy .... No I'm Spartacus ... :)
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Meeting James   Wednesday 15th May - LEJOG Day 4 - Glastonbury to Monmouth EmptySun May 12, 2013 10:56 pm

Hi all, I will be meeting James at about 10.15 in Winford outside the Prince of Waterloo on wed for anyone who fancies joining!
https://maps.google.co.uk/maps?q=51.383356,-2.662497&num=1&vpsrc=0&ie=UTF8&ll=51.383362,-2.662511&spn=0.001595,0.003098&t=m&z=19
Back to top Go down
andy williams
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Wednesday 15th May - LEJOG Day 4 - Glastonbury to Monmouth   Wednesday 15th May - LEJOG Day 4 - Glastonbury to Monmouth EmptyMon May 13, 2013 12:31 pm

"All the best james",enjoy Cool
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Wednesday 15th May - LEJOG Day 4 - Glastonbury to Monmouth   Wednesday 15th May - LEJOG Day 4 - Glastonbury to Monmouth EmptyMon May 13, 2013 12:53 pm

Good luck James! Hope the weather holds out!
Back to top Go down
Minty

Minty

PostSubject: Re: Wednesday 15th May - LEJOG Day 4 - Glastonbury to Monmouth   Wednesday 15th May - LEJOG Day 4 - Glastonbury to Monmouth EmptyMon May 13, 2013 6:47 pm

tvpb wrote:
Hi all, I will be meeting James at about 10.15 in Winford outside the Prince of Waterloo on wed for anyone who fancies joining!
https://maps.google.co.uk/maps?q=51.383356,-2.662497&num=1&vpsrc=0&ie=UTF8&ll=51.383362,-2.662511&spn=0.001595,0.003098&t=m&z=19
Paul, what time are you setting off from Bedminster and will you be riding back too or catching a lift?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Wednesday 15th May - LEJOG Day 4 - Glastonbury to Monmouth   Wednesday 15th May - LEJOG Day 4 - Glastonbury to Monmouth EmptyMon May 13, 2013 7:26 pm

Minty wrote:
tvpb wrote:
Paul, what time are you setting off from Bedminster and will you be riding back too or catching a lift?
Hi will be leaving my house at 9.30ish should be plenty of time to get there, do you want to meet somewhere and ride up with me? I am stopping for lunch in Pill but will be riding back after.
Back to top Go down
Minty

Minty

PostSubject: Re: Wednesday 15th May - LEJOG Day 4 - Glastonbury to Monmouth   Wednesday 15th May - LEJOG Day 4 - Glastonbury to Monmouth EmptyMon May 13, 2013 11:58 pm

tvpb wrote:

Hi will be leaving my house at 9.30ish should be plenty of time to get there, do you want to meet somewhere and ride up with me? I am stopping for lunch in Pill but will be riding back after.

Was that Pill or Pilning for lunch? I can meet you somewhere on the way. Which way were you planning on riding to Winford?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Wednesday 15th May - LEJOG Day 4 - Glastonbury to Monmouth   Wednesday 15th May - LEJOG Day 4 - Glastonbury to Monmouth EmptyTue May 14, 2013 12:03 pm

Minty wrote:
tvpb wrote:

Was that Pill or Pilning for lunch? I can meet you somewhere on the way. Which way were you planning on riding to Winford?
Im going to ride up the A38 out of bristol and then turn left off to Winford on the turning after Barrow Gurney. Its Pilning for lunch sorry, Im easily confused!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Wednesday 15th May - LEJOG Day 4 - Glastonbury to Monmouth   Wednesday 15th May - LEJOG Day 4 - Glastonbury to Monmouth EmptyTue May 14, 2013 5:35 pm

Myself and Ribblerider will be cycling down to meet James at Winford tomorrow, we are meeting on the road outside Long Ashton Park & Ride, we will be setting off at 09:30 if anyone else wants to tag along.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Wednesday 15th May - LEJOG Day 4 - Glastonbury to Monmouth   Wednesday 15th May - LEJOG Day 4 - Glastonbury to Monmouth EmptyTue May 14, 2013 6:39 pm

Greetings from rainy Glastonbury. Thanks very much for the well-wishes everyone. I look forward to seeing some of you tomorrow morning.10:15 still sounds about right for a meeting time, but whoever gets there first will need to wait Smile

We've had some very tough rides in the last 3 days... today was ok, but very wet and I had 2 punctures. Yesterday was a beast though, only 61 miles, but over 6000ft of ups. Dartmoor is a hard place to cycle. Garmin recorded a max speed yesterday of over 51mph on one descent. Scary or what.
Back to top Go down
bigsenior

bigsenior

PostSubject: Re: Wednesday 15th May - LEJOG Day 4 - Glastonbury to Monmouth   Wednesday 15th May - LEJOG Day 4 - Glastonbury to Monmouth EmptyTue May 14, 2013 7:02 pm

Keep up the excellent work young man.
We are all behind you all the way.I mean supporting you, well and literally be hind you!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Wednesday 15th May - LEJOG Day 4 - Glastonbury to Monmouth   Wednesday 15th May - LEJOG Day 4 - Glastonbury to Monmouth EmptyWed May 15, 2013 10:41 pm

Come in Bristol, this is Monmouth calling.

Thanks a lot to Paul, Andy, Colin and Pat for coming out and riding with me today. It lifted my spirits and made a good day many times better. It was quite hard leaving the pub after lunch and heading away from home.

Cheers again,

James.
Back to top Go down
aerobully

aerobully

PostSubject: Re: Wednesday 15th May - LEJOG Day 4 - Glastonbury to Monmouth   Wednesday 15th May - LEJOG Day 4 - Glastonbury to Monmouth EmptyWed May 15, 2013 10:53 pm

JamesB wrote:

Thanks a lot to Paul, Andy, Colin and Pat for coming out and riding with me today. It lifted my spirits and made a good day many times better. It was quite hard leaving the pub after lunch and heading away from home.

Cheers again,

James.

Good work James Very Happy
Back to top Go down
http://www.linkedin.com/profile/view?id=5807558&authType=nam

PostSubject: Re: Wednesday 15th May - LEJOG Day 4 - Glastonbury to Monmouth   Wednesday 15th May - LEJOG Day 4 - Glastonbury to Monmouth EmptyThu May 16, 2013 6:20 pm

JamesB wrote:

Cheers again,

James.

Best of luck with the rest of the ride.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Wednesday 15th May - LEJOG Day 4 - Glastonbury to Monmouth   Wednesday 15th May - LEJOG Day 4 - Glastonbury to Monmouth EmptyMon May 20, 2013 12:56 pm

Hope it went well james, cant wait to hear all about it.

Karne
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Wednesday 15th May - LEJOG Day 4 - Glastonbury to Monmouth   Wednesday 15th May - LEJOG Day 4 - Glastonbury to Monmouth Empty

Back to top Go down

Wednesday 15th May - LEJOG Day 4 - Glastonbury to Monmouth
Page 1 of 1