Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  Log in  RegisterRegister  

Winter Night Time Rides

Go down 
+5
ricky G
tim80bwi
merlin
clifton9
Scott.A
9 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
Nick

Winter Night Time Rides - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Winter Night Time Rides   Winter Night Time Rides - Page 2 EmptyWed Oct 02, 2013 1:01 pm

If someone is looking for a group friendly rear light then I'd recommend a fibre flare on the seatstay, they aren't dazzly-bright but are very noticeable to cars due to the size/360 degree light
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Winter Night Rides   Winter Night Time Rides - Page 2 EmptyWed Oct 02, 2013 8:08 pm

Thumbs up to the Fibre Flare rear light. It's very adaptable, I have one on my rucksack as well as a flashy jobbie attached to the bike, very effective.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Winter Night Time Rides   Winter Night Time Rides - Page 2 EmptyWed Oct 02, 2013 8:18 pm

andy.l wrote:
Something along these lines Stela,Ive got the exact set and theyre more than adequate for night road rides.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/lezyne-micro-drive-rear-led-light-70-lumen-front-macro-drive-350-lumens-/271276370571?pt=UK_SportGoods_CyclAcces_RL&hash=item3f2954ea8b
Just brought this light from Amazon to join you guys in some night time riding. What happens, it manages to detach itself from its bracket last night never to be seen again... Now looking for a different light maybe look at Gary's recommendation of the Cree XML T6 bike light.

Unfortunately no night riding for me until a new purchase is made.

P.S Amazon gave me a full refund - result

Back to top Go down
andy williams
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Winter Night Time Rides   Winter Night Time Rides - Page 2 EmptyWed Oct 02, 2013 8:54 pm

Scott.A wrote:
Our Godfather kindly plotted this route avoiding Trench Lane.

http://www.ridewithgps.com/routes/3459925

If I am back in time Thursday I would be happy to give it a go, but won't know until very closer the time.
Scott if it's not p**sing down i'll join you,but i only have crappy blinky lights, so more of a group ride would suit.
Back to top Go down
bigsenior

bigsenior

PostSubject: Re: Winter Night Time Rides   Winter Night Time Rides - Page 2 EmptyWed Oct 02, 2013 9:18 pm

Andy have a word with young Martin he has my big lights / charger /battery etc.
Back to top Go down
http://bigsnr@yahoo.co.uk
Scott.A

Scott.A

PostSubject: Re: Winter Night Time Rides   Winter Night Time Rides - Page 2 EmptyWed Oct 02, 2013 9:47 pm

andy williams wrote:
Scott.A wrote:
Our Godfather kindly plotted this route avoiding Trench Lane.

http://www.ridewithgps.com/routes/3459925

If I am back in time Thursday I would be happy to give it a go, but won't know until very closer the time.
Scott if it's not p**sing down i'll join you,but i only have crappy blinky lights, so more of a group ride would suit.
Andy, don't worry about your lights as long as you feel safe to ride, I am sure we can squeeze you in between us....ooh err missus! What a Face 
Back to top Go down
bigsenior

bigsenior

PostSubject: Re: Winter Night Time Rides   Winter Night Time Rides - Page 2 EmptySat Oct 05, 2013 7:17 pm

Scott you going to try again this week coming? ( If it doesn't get hijacked !)
Back to top Go down
Scott.A

Scott.A

PostSubject: Re: Winter Night Time Rides   Winter Night Time Rides - Page 2 EmptySat Oct 05, 2013 7:48 pm

Ok I should be able to do that. I will post a new thread for Tuesday a bit later.
Back to top Go down
bigsenior

bigsenior

PostSubject: Re: Winter Night Time Rides   Winter Night Time Rides - Page 2 EmptySat Oct 05, 2013 8:05 pm

Very Happy cheers cheers cheers 
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Winter Night Time Rides   Winter Night Time Rides - Page 2 EmptySat Oct 05, 2013 8:08 pm

Scott.A wrote:
Ok I should be able to do that. I will post a new thread for Tuesday a bit later.
Was discussing this with Andy and Helen earlier, is Costa the best point for everybody who was interested?
Back to top Go down
Scott.A

Scott.A

PostSubject: Re: Winter Night Time Rides   Winter Night Time Rides - Page 2 EmptySat Oct 05, 2013 8:18 pm

Chris89 wrote:
Scott.A wrote:
Was discussing this with Andy and Helen earlier, is Costa the best point for everybody who was interested?
I think I am going to keep with club tradition and leave from Costa. Try and keep the same departure time of 6:30pm as well, just to give everybody a chance to get home from work.
Back to top Go down
bigsenior

bigsenior

PostSubject: Re: Winter Night Time Rides   Winter Night Time Rides - Page 2 EmptySat Oct 05, 2013 8:18 pm

Oh dear here we go ask 10 people get 12 opinions!
Can't we start from Stonehouse?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Winter Night Time Rides   Winter Night Time Rides - Page 2 EmptySat Oct 05, 2013 8:31 pm

bigsenior wrote:
How about "What's the easiest place for everybody as some people come from the other side of town, and as a club we would like to make the ride available to best suit the members"

I personally have no problem with Costa, but by UWE was suggested and seemed acceptable to those discussing it today.

Scott, I cycle because its the only exercise I can take pleasure from since having 3 years of chemo and a double hip replacement - I don't know why you are continuing to make negative comments towards everything I write on here and trying to spoil one of the remaining pleasures I do have.

I said politely a few weeks ago that I didn't like the tone of your posts towards me, and now I want to make it clear that your attempts at cyber bullying are not appreciated and if you have a problem, say it to my face in front of the club tomorrow.
Back to top Go down
Scott.A

Scott.A

PostSubject: Re: Winter Night Time Rides   Winter Night Time Rides - Page 2 EmptySat Oct 05, 2013 8:46 pm

Chris89 wrote:
bigsenior wrote:
How about "What's the easiest place for everybody as some people come from the other side of town, and as a club we would like to make the ride available to best suit the members"

I personally have no problem with Costa, but by UWE was suggested and seemed acceptable to those discussing it today.
I get your point, but I am trying to get to the quiet lanes as soon as possible and that is heading towards Aztec way. I feel that a UWE start will either mean riding through Bristol heading south (busy roads) or riding up towards Pilning/Thornbury anyway which is doubling back for some.
I am going to be riding through the winter anyway, I just thought I would see if anybody fancies joining me. Nothing is set in stone at this stage.
Back to top Go down
clifton9

clifton9

PostSubject: Re: Winter Night Time Rides   Winter Night Time Rides - Page 2 EmptySat Oct 05, 2013 8:51 pm

Dear Chris

Its just a bike ride my friend

Chill out and enjoy the terrific fellowship of NBCC !

Back to top Go down
http://www.centrelineair.co.uk
hopster

PostSubject: Re: Winter Night Time Rides   Winter Night Time Rides - Page 2 EmptySat Oct 05, 2013 9:12 pm

If anybody is more central and wants to head south towards the Mendips I have been heading out on Tuesday's with some of the guys in my office. We are starting at around 6.15. My office is located just by Cabot Circus so could meet in Portland square. Planning to start Thursdays as well this week.

Rides are around 2 hours and ave speed is around 16.5 mph.

Routes sometimes go over Dundry, Airport, Blagdon, Yatton way.

Back to top Go down
andy williams
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Winter Night Time Rides   Winter Night Time Rides - Page 2 EmptySat Oct 05, 2013 9:52 pm

Scott.A wrote:
Chris89 wrote:
bigsenior wrote:

I get your point, but I am trying to get to the quiet lanes as soon as possible and that is heading towards Aztec way. I feel that a UWE start will either mean riding through Bristol heading south (busy roads) or riding up towards Pilning/Thornbury anyway which is doubling back for some.
I am going to be riding through the winter anyway, I just thought I would see if anybody fancies joining me. Nothing is set in stone at this stage.
Scott,we go with your decision mate start at costa,i'll keep an eye for your post.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Winter Night Time Rides   Winter Night Time Rides - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

Winter Night Time Rides
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2