Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  Log in  RegisterRegister  

announcement regarding future rides

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
bigsenior

bigsenior

announcement regarding future rides  Empty
PostSubject: announcement regarding future rides    announcement regarding future rides  EmptySun Jan 05, 2020 8:22 pm

It has taken me a long time to actually sit down and write this, but recent events have meant that I have had to a lot of soul searching and come to a decision.
Phil and I set up NBCC almost ten years ago. We made the decision because at the time there was not any local clubs who were organising regular weekly rides of the ilk we were looking for. Yes there were clubs but most were rather too fast for us and seemed to be more towards competition which was not want we were looking for.
Our idea was to organise regular Sunday rides of around 40-50 miles but at a nice pace ie the speed of chat. We would always stop for a food/drink stop which would also enhance the social side on each other to stay together .We were extremely lucky in that we had young Stevo riding with us who with his turn of speed could race on and round up any one who missed a turn, he would also drop back to make sure the back door was ok as well. He was a great help to us in the early days.
Recently I have noticed that the number of riders who come with me are falling drastically and most now seem happier to ride with Gary’s “f “ troop. In fact a number of times there have been only 2 or three on the main ride I also realize that as I am getting older I am finding it harder to keep up with the newer members who seem to want a faster ride and not want the inconvenience of waiting for me on the hills.
Some of the rides now are getting quite fast and I am pushing it the whole time to try to not only keep up but to not make the others slow down for me thus spoiling their ride.
I have decided that after almost ten years of sorting out club rides/memberships/E mailing prospective members and generally trying to keep the club alive I am taking a step back. I leave the main club ride in Gary’s hands as that seems to be what most want as the numbers show.If anyone else wants to take over running the alternative club ride then please do so .I will endeavor to give as much assistance as I can if needed
Unfortunately for you all I am not completely hanging up my cleats. I have spoken to a few of the “old” members ie those that have been with us for some time. With what I have gleaned from them and from a few others I have decided to re instate the old club type rides . These will be about 35 -40 miles of easier terrain and run at a slower pace ie my pace. Not sure at the moment how often I will do these most likely every other week .I am also contemplating doing a Saturday ride once a month .These will run in the same format as the newer slower rides . There are a lot of members who through no fault of their own cannot ride as regularly as they would wish, and, when they can, think that 50 miles is a bit much to start with so these new rides will be about 35-40 ish miles and I will try to keep them as flat as is possible in the area we ride in. I hope this gives them the chance to come back out and re kindle their love of riding.

Back to top Go down
http://bigsnr@yahoo.co.uk
Cooky

Cooky

PostSubject: Re: announcement regarding future rides    announcement regarding future rides  EmptyThu Jan 09, 2020 4:46 pm

Good plan Scott
I'll join you on Saturday. Cooky
Back to top Go down
http://www.iancook2000.co.uk
bigsenior

bigsenior

PostSubject: Re: announcement regarding future rides    announcement regarding future rides  EmptyThu Jan 09, 2020 5:44 pm

Be good to meet up again Ian see you Saturday
Back to top Go down
http://bigsnr@yahoo.co.uk
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: announcement regarding future rides    announcement regarding future rides  Empty

Back to top Go down

announcement regarding future rides
Page 1 of 1