Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  Log in  RegisterRegister  

castle coombe earlier tonight 29th

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
bigsenior

bigsenior

castle coombe earlier tonight 29th Empty
PostSubject: castle coombe earlier tonight 29th   castle coombe earlier tonight 29th EmptyTue Jun 29, 2010 11:53 pm

Well Sean his mate Andy ('nice to met you love to see you on a ride one day') Gordon me and Jo went to castle coombe paid our one english pound and went round the circuit.It was lovely, loads of people there to slipstream!! But that wind down the back straight wow .we went from cruising at about 23/24 to 13mph as we rounded the corner it was like a bloody wind tunnel was quote from sean.But still fun.I understand that most weeks the bar is open and there is a bit of a bike shop thing there as well but there was something else on tonight.Have to give it another try some other week and see.either that or i reckon a week day evening ride is a must in in a week or so.What do we all think?Sorry if you couldnt make i rang as many as i had numbers for but it was short notice and I know some of you have to work for a living!!!
Maybe next time.I cant wait to see steveio burning up the tt boys!!
Back to top Go down
http://bigsnr@yahoo.co.uk
merlin
Admin
merlin

PostSubject: Re: castle coombe earlier tonight 29th   castle coombe earlier tonight 29th EmptyWed Jun 30, 2010 8:28 am

Nice post report for the rest of us who've never been. Looked like you all had fun! Very Happy

Back to top Go down
https://nbcc.forumotion.com
schleck_wannabe

schleck_wannabe

PostSubject: Re: castle coombe earlier tonight 29th   castle coombe earlier tonight 29th EmptyWed Jun 30, 2010 9:27 am

Hi,

Just to say 'thanks' to Scott for calling me and letting me know that there were people heading up there, as otherwise I might have just done a local ride.

I must admit that I initially thought it was going to be a bit dull riding round and round a 2 mile circuit, but I actually loved it! The surface is amazingly smooth compared to the potholes, drain covers etc that we normally have to deal with, and the lack of cars means that you don't have the same safety worries as riding on the road. All in all, an awesome experience and one that I'll be looking to repeat again next Tuesday if anyone fancies it?

-Gordon
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: castle coombe earlier tonight 29th   castle coombe earlier tonight 29th EmptyWed Jun 30, 2010 10:35 am

I am sure andy will come out with soon scott. I was
nice to meet gordon and jo again. As for the wind i think
we all learnt the value of riding in a line staying close to the
wheel of the person in front & the race circit is good place to
get comortable doing it. Also you can put the hammer down and you
are never far away from your group as its only just under 2 miles around.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: castle coombe earlier tonight 29th   castle coombe earlier tonight 29th Empty

Back to top Go down

castle coombe earlier tonight 29th
Page 1 of 1