Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  Log in  RegisterRegister  

Thursday 2nd May - beginners ride

Go down 
AuthorMessage

Thursday 2nd May - beginners ride Empty
PostSubject: Thursday 2nd May - beginners ride   Thursday 2nd May - beginners ride EmptyFri Apr 26, 2013 1:50 pm

Meeting in HEFCE carpark (BS16 1QD) for a 5pm departure. Riding around Chew Valley lake for some glorious sunset scenery - lights advisable.

I’ll be leading this on Thursday the 2nd of May (rather than Tuesday!), should be roughly 35 miles round trip.

http://www.mapmyride.com/routes/view/197419928

Let me know if you’d like to join and I’ll keep you updated.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Thursday 2nd May - beginners ride   Thursday 2nd May - beginners ride EmptyFri Apr 26, 2013 2:00 pm

Very Happy
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Thursday 2nd May - beginners ride   Thursday 2nd May - beginners ride EmptyFri Apr 26, 2013 7:07 pm

Ah... don't think I will make it to Bristol by 5 on Thursday as I have important meeting all day. If that changes I'll let you know so you can wait for me but it's not looking good.
I'm guessing Friday is no good Sad
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Thursday 2nd May - beginners ride   Thursday 2nd May - beginners ride EmptyMon Apr 29, 2013 9:21 am

I would love to come on this ride, but I won't finish work in time, are any other beginners rides planned over the weekend?
Back to top Go down
Nick

PostSubject: Re: Thursday 2nd May - beginners ride   Thursday 2nd May - beginners ride EmptyMon Apr 29, 2013 9:23 am

The Pavlova ride on Sunday should be beginner friendly
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Thursday 2nd May - beginners ride   Thursday 2nd May - beginners ride EmptyMon Apr 29, 2013 9:51 am

That sounds like my kinda ride - where would i find more details?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Thursday 2nd May - beginners ride   Thursday 2nd May - beginners ride EmptyMon Apr 29, 2013 10:28 am

It's 10:00 start from Costa in Bradley Stoke on Sunday but need to get there a little bit earlier.

All postings are under Sunday club rides. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Nick

PostSubject: Re: Thursday 2nd May - beginners ride   Thursday 2nd May - beginners ride EmptyMon Apr 29, 2013 10:28 am

May's thread is here (in the Sunday ride section) https://nbcc.forumotion.com/t1606-pavlova-ride-number-two

but the detail is same as the previous month's here: https://nbcc.forumotion.com/t1486-at-last-it-s-summer-return-of-the-pavlova

I'll stop spamming Julia's thread now Wink
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Thursday 2nd May - beginners ride   Thursday 2nd May - beginners ride EmptyMon Apr 29, 2013 11:51 am

Spamming? You carry on! Keeps my thread on top (though no mention of joiners yet...)
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Thursday 2nd May - beginners ride   Thursday 2nd May - beginners ride EmptyMon Apr 29, 2013 12:08 pm

Thursday is difficult Sad
Wednesday and / or Friday would be better Shocked
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Thursday 2nd May - beginners ride   Thursday 2nd May - beginners ride EmptyMon Apr 29, 2013 12:58 pm

Thursday was the only day I could lead this ride; sorry, I can't do Wednesday or Friday.

Unless you fancy coming out for a MTB ride tonight - I'm leading one starting at 6:30 from the Ashton court tea hut. This one is also aimed at beginners Smile

I will not be running around the woods as my shoulder is giving me plenty of grief Sad Lesson of the year - do not fall of your bike.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Thursday 2nd May - beginners ride   Thursday 2nd May - beginners ride EmptyTue Apr 30, 2013 12:57 pm

Hi I should be able to meet you on the Bath road leg of your journey, what time do you think you will be there?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Thursday 2nd May - beginners ride   Thursday 2nd May - beginners ride EmptyTue Apr 30, 2013 1:32 pm

Hi,

I think i shall be able to join you at the templemeads part/bath road part of the ride. What time do you think you will be there?

Katie.

p.s. sorry if i have posted this twice, i can't seem to find my last post?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Thursday 2nd May - beginners ride   Thursday 2nd May - beginners ride EmptyTue Apr 30, 2013 1:36 pm

Bath road is on the loop back, which would leave you with about 4 miles of riding - which is fine Smile but it does mean that the ETA at Bath road is questionable.

Last time I did the route I had a puncture and the ride took an hour longer than intended through sheer dogged determination of 'I will change the tyre when I get to the lake' So I ended up walking to the lake rather than stop in one of the tiny country lanes for the required TLC.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Thursday 2nd May - beginners ride   Thursday 2nd May - beginners ride EmptyTue Apr 30, 2013 3:42 pm

In that case I can certainly meet you on Baldwin street as I work near Queen Square - what is your ETA at Baldwin Street?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Thursday 2nd May - beginners ride   Thursday 2nd May - beginners ride EmptyWed May 01, 2013 10:31 am

We'll try to avoid Baldwin street if we can. I'm not a fan of traffic, especially on a bike.

If we set off from HEFCE at 5pm (assuming no one's late) then we should be at Queen square for 5:20. Meet you at the horse in the middle?

Can you let me know if you'll make it for this time please? We can wait a couple of minutes, but any longer and people will start to get cold (and grumpy).
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Thursday 2nd May - beginners ride   Thursday 2nd May - beginners ride EmptyWed May 01, 2013 11:44 am

Julia,

That is great, thank you so much, i'll be there at 5.20 on the dot I promise! by the horse in the middle. I'm really looking forward to it. It should give me the chance to get used to my new road bike which i am currently finding v.twitchy, any tips?

Katie.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Thursday 2nd May - beginners ride   Thursday 2nd May - beginners ride EmptyWed May 01, 2013 11:50 am

a slightly longer stem will slow the steering down, just don't
go too far or the bike won't fit properly !!!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Thursday 2nd May - beginners ride   Thursday 2nd May - beginners ride EmptyWed May 01, 2013 3:44 pm

Tips? Oh dear, is that a can opener I hear?

In all seriousness - the best tip is to get fitted by a proper bike shop. The shop you bought the bike in should be able to sort it out for you. If not, then I think quite a few folk have given BW Cycling two thumbs up.

But we can have a look tomorrow anyway and see how bad the situation is. Mind it took me a couple of rides to get used to my roadbike - they're capricious beasts!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Thursday 2nd May - beginners ride   Thursday 2nd May - beginners ride EmptyFri May 03, 2013 9:48 am

Nice ride out that thanks to Julia Cool ,great evenings riding weather (apart from the flies)

Great to have new member Katie along with Julia & I for her first nbcc outing,well done Katie you did really well,like we said get yourself along to the Pavlova ride on Sunday and meet the rest of the lunatics Laughing
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Thursday 2nd May - beginners ride   Thursday 2nd May - beginners ride EmptyFri May 03, 2013 10:28 am

It was a lovely Ride, thank you both Julia and Andy for your patience with me on the hills! hopefully with enough practice I'll get good enough to come on some of the longer rides, but if anyone fancies doing some practice/beginners rides i'd love to get involved!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Thursday 2nd May - beginners ride   Thursday 2nd May - beginners ride Empty

Back to top Go down

Thursday 2nd May - beginners ride
Page 1 of 1