Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  Log in  RegisterRegister  

Saturday 9th August - Welsh Epic

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
aerobully

aerobully

Saturday 9th August - Welsh Epic Empty
PostSubject: Saturday 9th August - Welsh Epic   Saturday 9th August - Welsh Epic EmptyWed Jul 30, 2014 11:18 pm

I am planning on cycling up to North Wales to visit some family. Route will be around 137 miles with about 10,000 feet of climbing. If anyone would like to join me for the first leg from Bristol to Monmouth then I'd be happy of the company.

Here's the route for the Welsh Epic. Looks like Ricky is joining me for the ride to North Wales which is good news as it gives me someone to draft. Looking to leave about 06:30 so if anyone wants to join us to Monmouth then we can meet you at the Aztec roundabout at 06:45

http://ridewithgps.com/routes/2817013

Last edited by aerobully on Sun Aug 03, 2014 9:37 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
http://www.linkedin.com/profile/view?id=5807558&authType=nam

PostSubject: Re: Saturday 9th August - Welsh Epic   Saturday 9th August - Welsh Epic EmptyThu Jul 31, 2014 7:20 am

I thought you didn't like to talk about things like this .. Smile
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Saturday 9th August - Welsh Epic   Saturday 9th August - Welsh Epic EmptyThu Jul 31, 2014 10:36 am

aerobully wrote:
I am planning on cycling up to North Wales to visit some family. Route will be around 137 miles with about 10,000 feet of climbing. If anyone would like to join me for the first leg from Bristol to Monmouth then I'd be happy of the company. I'll post more details later in the week of route and start time etc.

Ever tackled anything like this before ?
Back to top Go down
aerobully

aerobully

PostSubject: Re: Saturday 9th August - Welsh Epic   Saturday 9th August - Welsh Epic EmptyThu Jul 31, 2014 10:14 pm

I don't like to talk about it to be honest  Very Happy 
Back to top Go down
Edders

Edders

PostSubject: Re: Saturday 9th August - Welsh Epic   Saturday 9th August - Welsh Epic EmptyTue Aug 05, 2014 10:32 am

I would like to do this but I haven't got a Garmin and I'm useless with directions so a little worried about getting lost on the way back.

Anyone going from near my way that I can meet up with who's willing to ride back with me?
Back to top Go down
bigsenior

bigsenior

PostSubject: Re: Saturday 9th August - Welsh Epic   Saturday 9th August - Welsh Epic EmptyTue Aug 05, 2014 10:43 am

Barry, almost impossible to get lost on way back from Monmouth .It's just the one main road back into Chepstow.Over the bridge and home you go.
Back to top Go down
http://bigsnr@yahoo.co.uk
Edders

Edders

PostSubject: Re: Saturday 9th August - Welsh Epic   Saturday 9th August - Welsh Epic EmptyTue Aug 05, 2014 11:04 am

bigsenior wrote:
Barry, almost impossible to get lost on way back from Monmouth .It's just the one main road back into Chepstow.Over the bridge and home you go.

You be surprised how awful I am Smile
Back to top Go down
DaveE

DaveE

PostSubject: Re: Saturday 9th August - Welsh Epic   Saturday 9th August - Welsh Epic EmptyTue Aug 05, 2014 7:43 pm

I'm having another go at the whole Avon Cycleway on Saturday with a mate, otherwise I would have joined you, sounds like fun!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Welsh Epic   Saturday 9th August - Welsh Epic EmptyThu Aug 07, 2014 10:15 pm

Enjoy Lads, sort of gutted im not there this year, but then again I will be in Ibiza!!!! 2 things no beating last years speed/time and Ricky watch out on for the last 20 miles for some reason he puts a sprint on!!!!!  lol! 
Back to top Go down
aerobully

aerobully

PostSubject: Re: Saturday 9th August - Welsh Epic   Saturday 9th August - Welsh Epic EmptyThu Aug 07, 2014 10:32 pm

Spsage wrote:
Enjoy Lads, sort of gutted im not there this year, but then again I will be in Ibiza!!!! 2 things no beating last years speed/time and Ricky watch out on for the last 20 miles for some reason he puts a sprint on!!!!!  lol! 

Don't worry Steve I'll look after Ricky. We can always do the ride again later in the year!
Back to top Go down
ricky G

ricky G

PostSubject: Re: Saturday 9th August - Welsh Epic   Saturday 9th August - Welsh Epic EmptyThu Aug 07, 2014 11:14 pm

Steve enjoy Ibiza, don't worry we will take it steady and no sprinting (unless some other cyclists pass us then it is game on Wink )
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Welsh Epic   Saturday 9th August - Welsh Epic EmptyFri Aug 08, 2014 10:03 pm

Way too early for me guys but good luck Mark and Ricky.
Back to top Go down
aerobully

aerobully

PostSubject: Re: Saturday 9th August - Welsh Epic   Saturday 9th August - Welsh Epic EmptyFri Aug 08, 2014 10:22 pm

Ribblerider wrote:
Way too early for me guys but good luck Mark and Ricky.

Thanks Colin. No doubt I'll see you in a lay by en route  Very Happy 
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Saturday Welsh Epic   Saturday 9th August - Welsh Epic EmptySat Aug 09, 2014 8:18 am

Very Happy Laughing afro lol! 
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Saturday 9th August - Welsh Epic   Saturday 9th August - Welsh Epic Empty

Back to top Go down

Saturday 9th August - Welsh Epic
Page 1 of 1