Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  Log in  RegisterRegister  

Saturday 26 December Boxing Day

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
andy williams
Admin

Saturday 26 December Boxing Day Empty
PostSubject: Re: Saturday 26 December Boxing Day   Saturday 26 December Boxing Day EmptyFri Dec 18, 2015 1:44 pm

Gary wrote:
Weather permitting, I'm thinking of going out for a ride (40-50 miles, 14-15 mph avg) on Boxing Day morning, let me know if you're interested in coming along.

Gary i don't want to hi-jack your post, but i'm planning a shorter 25 mile run-out on Boxing day morn, for the less energetic...shall we go with two rides ???
Back to top Go down
bigsenior

bigsenior

PostSubject: Re: Saturday 26 December Boxing Day   Saturday 26 December Boxing Day EmptyFri Dec 18, 2015 2:01 pm

andy williams wrote:
Gary wrote:
Weather permitting, I'm thinking of going out for a ride (40-50 miles, 14-15 mph avg) on Boxing Day morning, let me know if you're interested in coming along.

Gary i don't want to hi-jack your post, but i'm planning a shorter 25 mile run-out on Boxing day morn, for the less energetic...shall we go with two rides ???

I for one can do Andy's shorter one .The longer one apart from being outside of my comfort zone will get me hung !
Back to top Go down
http://bigsnr@yahoo.co.uk

PostSubject: Re: Saturday 26 December Boxing Day   Saturday 26 December Boxing Day EmptySat Dec 19, 2015 12:32 am

Andy, didn't know you had a ride planned so am quite happy to nip mine in the bud. Post your ride details up on this thread if you like. I'll lead a ride on the Sunday (the 27th December) if no-one has already put their name down for it.
Back to top Go down
andy williams
Admin

PostSubject: Boxing day ride   Saturday 26 December Boxing Day EmptySun Dec 20, 2015 5:34 pm

Here it is then,

Depart Costa 10ish for a 25 miler around the lanes....through IronActon,Chucklepurch,Siston home via the cycle track
No GPS, "FOLLOW THE LEADER" same pace as today so we can chat about all the lovely pressy's Santa left us.
Oh i forgot there is one hill (Wapley)Twisted Evil

"MERRY CHRISTMAS" drunken
Back to top Go down
ken acland

ken acland

PostSubject: Re: Saturday 26 December Boxing Day   Saturday 26 December Boxing Day EmptyMon Dec 21, 2015 8:12 pm

See you on boxing day Andy, weather and tyre pressures permitting (ie; I not so full of food the tyres burst) Very Happy
Back to top Go down
PaddyMac

PaddyMac

PostSubject: Re: Saturday 26 December Boxing Day   Saturday 26 December Boxing Day EmptyMon Dec 21, 2015 8:22 pm

ken acland wrote:
See you on boxing day Andy, weather and tyre pressures permitting (ie; I not so full of food the tyres burst) Very Happy

Anyone ever been "ill' on a ride?! pale
Back to top Go down
http://www.patmcintyre.co.uk/
bigsenior

bigsenior

PostSubject: Re: Saturday 26 December Boxing Day   Saturday 26 December Boxing Day EmptyMon Dec 21, 2015 8:31 pm

Every time I see a hill! I feel sick! We did have one chap get halfway up Wentworth Forest and throw up and had to turn back.But that wasn't really ill just over doing it!
Back to top Go down
ken acland

ken acland

PostSubject: Re: Saturday 26 December Boxing Day   Saturday 26 December Boxing Day EmptyMon Dec 21, 2015 9:08 pm

Never been ill on a ride but on a 600km Audax, not a toilet in sight it was a case of going over the nearest wall, second problem no bog roll, solution, ride the last 200km with only one sock!
Back to top Go down
andy williams
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Saturday 26 December Boxing Day   Saturday 26 December Boxing Day EmptyTue Dec 22, 2015 3:45 pm

ken acland wrote:
Never been ill on a ride but on a 600km Audax, not a toilet in sight it was a case of going over the nearest wall, second problem no bog roll, solution, ride the last 200km with only one sock!

Ah the joy of irritable Bowels Laughing Laughing
Back to top Go down
bigsenior

bigsenior

PostSubject: Re: Saturday 26 December Boxing Day   Saturday 26 December Boxing Day EmptyTue Dec 22, 2015 8:03 pm

Chatting to a chap a few years back who at the time was the holder of round the world or similar .I asked him for a tip.
Reply came back DON'T WEAR BIB SHORTS ! They take to long to get off when .................well I will leave the rest to your imagination But I bet ken wished he didnt have bib shorts on at the time!lol!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Saturday 26 December Boxing Day   Saturday 26 December Boxing Day EmptyTue Dec 22, 2015 9:22 pm

bigsenior wrote:
Chatting to a chap a few years back who at the time was the holder of round the world or similar .I asked him for a tip.
Reply came back DON'T WEAR BIB SHORTS ! They take to long to get off when .................well I will leave the rest to your imagination........lol!  

Didn't his bum get frightfully sun-burnt ?  rabbit
Back to top Go down
bigsenior

bigsenior

PostSubject: Re: Saturday 26 December Boxing Day   Saturday 26 December Boxing Day EmptyTue Dec 22, 2015 9:40 pm

Gosh that was a shock.When I saw you had posted in this thread I thought you were coming out with us .Almost gave me a relapse.
Back to top Go down
PaddyMac

PaddyMac

PostSubject: Re: Saturday 26 December Boxing Day   Saturday 26 December Boxing Day EmptyFri Dec 25, 2015 6:35 pm

Hoping to join you all tomorrow... feeling a bit pished at the mo and going to try to persuade the mrs for a pass... santa
Back to top Go down
ken acland

ken acland

PostSubject: Re: Saturday 26 December Boxing Day   Saturday 26 December Boxing Day EmptyFri Dec 25, 2015 7:12 pm

PaddyMac wrote:
Hoping to join you all tomorrow... feeling a bit pished at the mo and going to try to persuade the mrs for a pass... santa

Ahh the generational difference, get to my age and the Mrs is pushing you out the door muttering "feck off on your bike and leave me in peace"!
Back to top Go down
PaddyMac

PaddyMac

PostSubject: Re: Saturday 26 December Boxing Day   Saturday 26 December Boxing Day EmptyFri Dec 25, 2015 8:52 pm

ken acland wrote:
PaddyMac wrote:

Ahh the generational difference, get to my age and the Mrs is pushing you out the door muttering "feck off on your bike and leave me in peace"!

Laughing ha! Planning to be out of the door before she can realise I'm gone!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Saturday 26 December Boxing Day   Saturday 26 December Boxing Day Empty

Back to top Go down

Saturday 26 December Boxing Day
Page 1 of 1