Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  Log in  RegisterRegister  

Late May Bank Holiday next Monday 27th

Go down 
+6
merlin
Slow_Darren
andy williams
Scott.A
Nick
bigsenior
10 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
AuthorMessage

Late May Bank Holiday next Monday 27th - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Late May Bank Holiday next Monday 27th   Late May Bank Holiday next Monday 27th - Page 3 EmptyWed May 22, 2013 9:30 pm

Sounds great, see you there Smile
Back to top Go down
andy williams
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Late May Bank Holiday next Monday 27th   Late May Bank Holiday next Monday 27th - Page 3 EmptyWed May 22, 2013 9:44 pm

Rocketgirl9 wrote:
I suppose I better join you, Andy and Darren.
Darren, shall we meet up at Tunbridge/Cousins Way at 8?
I just thought i'd point out,our ride will be over 120 miles "not trying to scare you of course" affraid
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Late May Bank Holiday next Monday 27th   Late May Bank Holiday next Monday 27th - Page 3 EmptyWed May 22, 2013 10:40 pm

I just thought i'd point out,our ride will be over 120 miles "not trying to scare you of course" affraid [/quote]

How many miles from Emersons to Create centre. I might drive there then
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Late May Bank Holiday next Monday 27th   Late May Bank Holiday next Monday 27th - Page 3 EmptyWed May 22, 2013 11:06 pm

about 7 miles straight across town .....
Back to top Go down
Slow_Darren

Slow_Darren

PostSubject: Re: Late May Bank Holiday next Monday 27th   Late May Bank Holiday next Monday 27th - Page 3 EmptyThu May 23, 2013 5:43 am

Rocketgirl9 wrote:

I just thought i'd point out,our ride will be over 120 miles "not trying to scare you of course" affraid

How many miles from Emersons to Create centre. I might drive there then[/quote]

If you go from Emerson's straight down the cycle path which is probably the most direct route it will be 10miles each way plus 80 for the ride. Going Frenchay way I'm unsure on the distance but probably not too much more. Happy to meet up at 8 if you do decide to cycle, if not we'll see you at the create.
Back to top Go down
https://www.linkedin.com/profile/view?id=170408918&trk=nav_r

PostSubject: Re: Late May Bank Holiday next Monday 27th   Late May Bank Holiday next Monday 27th - Page 3 EmptyThu May 23, 2013 12:59 pm

So far i have only done the cake ride, and i have been told that increasing distance more than 10% per time could be a challenge so i think i'll give it a miss, how long was the cake ride incidentally?
Back to top Go down
bigsenior

bigsenior

PostSubject: Re: Late May Bank Holiday next Monday 27th   Late May Bank Holiday next Monday 27th - Page 3 EmptyThu May 23, 2013 9:53 pm

If Stela can do it you can come along and have fun.
Cake ride normally about 40 ish miles
Back to top Go down
http://bigsnr@yahoo.co.uk
Slow_Darren

Slow_Darren

PostSubject: Re: Late May Bank Holiday next Monday 27th   Late May Bank Holiday next Monday 27th - Page 3 EmptyFri May 24, 2013 4:44 am

Doesn't look like we'll get tan lines on this century ride Sad
Back to top Go down
andy williams
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Late May Bank Holiday next Monday 27th   Late May Bank Holiday next Monday 27th - Page 3 EmptyFri May 24, 2013 10:01 am

john m wrote:
about 7 miles straight across town .....
7 miles from hambrook will get to" old market" no further.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Late May Bank Holiday next Monday 27th   Late May Bank Holiday next Monday 27th - Page 3 EmptyFri May 24, 2013 10:43 am

emersons to create maps as 13km ....
hambrook to create maps as 12.3km ......

Obviously depends on route and start point but ... :)
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Late May Bank Holiday next Monday 27th   Late May Bank Holiday next Monday 27th - Page 3 EmptyFri May 24, 2013 5:26 pm

Um... I'll drive all being well as I was feeling quite ill today
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Late May Bank Holiday next Monday 27th   Late May Bank Holiday next Monday 27th - Page 3 EmptyFri May 24, 2013 5:26 pm

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Bank holiday Monday Next Monday 27th    Late May Bank Holiday next Monday 27th - Page 3 EmptyFri May 24, 2013 9:02 pm

Count me in. For all the East Bristol Massive, I'll be riding down the cycle track to the Create Centre, it's the most direct route, anyone is more than welcome to join me.
Back to top Go down
bigsenior

bigsenior

PostSubject: Re: Late May Bank Holiday next Monday 27th   Late May Bank Holiday next Monday 27th - Page 3 EmptyFri May 24, 2013 9:25 pm

Rocketgirl9 wrote:
You are feeling quite ill and you are going to ride 80 miles in the baking sun?I hope it's not Man flu Wink
Back to top Go down
andy williams
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Late May Bank Holiday next Monday 27th   Late May Bank Holiday next Monday 27th - Page 3 EmptySat May 25, 2013 1:28 pm

Woke up yesterday,to find i have a sore throat,this has now developed into"man-flu"i will be missing all of the weekend fun.
Hope you all enjoy Sad
Back to top Go down
bigsenior

bigsenior

PostSubject: Re: Late May Bank Holiday next Monday 27th   Late May Bank Holiday next Monday 27th - Page 3 EmptySat May 25, 2013 7:08 pm

Sad
Back to top Go down
aerobully

aerobully

PostSubject: Re: Late May Bank Holiday next Monday 27th   Late May Bank Holiday next Monday 27th - Page 3 EmptySat May 25, 2013 8:28 pm

andy williams wrote:
Woke up yesterday,to find i have a sore throat,this has now developed into"man-flu"i will be missing all of the weekend fun.
Hope you all enjoy Sad

Rule #5
Back to top Go down
http://www.linkedin.com/profile/view?id=5807558&authType=nam
bigsenior

bigsenior

PostSubject: Re: Late May Bank Holiday next Monday 27th   Late May Bank Holiday next Monday 27th - Page 3 EmptySat May 25, 2013 9:47 pm

It is man flu you know that can be very serious
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Costa start also    Late May Bank Holiday next Monday 27th - Page 3 EmptySun May 26, 2013 8:00 am

I'll meet at Costa a 8.10 also Smile
Back to top Go down
Slow_Darren

Slow_Darren

PostSubject: Re: Late May Bank Holiday next Monday 27th   Late May Bank Holiday next Monday 27th - Page 3 EmptySun May 26, 2013 12:01 pm

What time do people estimate we'll be back at create based on prev experience??
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Late May Bank Holiday next Monday 27th   Late May Bank Holiday next Monday 27th - Page 3 EmptySun May 26, 2013 2:46 pm

Where do people normally park? Can we park in BW Cycles car park or is it in Create centre?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Late May Bank Holiday next Monday 27th   Late May Bank Holiday next Monday 27th - Page 3 EmptySun May 26, 2013 3:37 pm

Add me to the list. See you at the Create Centre.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Late May Bank Holiday next Monday 27th   Late May Bank Holiday next Monday 27th - Page 3 EmptySun May 26, 2013 5:53 pm

Slow_Darren wrote:
What time do people estimate we'll be back at create based on prev experience??

The ride from and back to the Create Centre is roughly 75 miles, the average pace of the previous bank holiday epic ride was 14.6 mph so that would give you a moving time of just over 5 hours, plus the stops at Cheddar and Sand Bay, say an hour and a half, plus the odd stops along the way, say a quarter of an hour, which gives a total time of 6 3/4 hours so I reckon we won't be back at Create much before 4 pm. If anyone thinks I've under or over estimated the length of our Cheddar and Sand Bay stops, please chip in. And of course if we have any Clifton 9 tyre-shredding or otherwise mechanicals along the way, that'll add to the time.

...... I reckon. Smile
Back to top Go down
Cookiemonster

Cookiemonster

PostSubject: Re: Late May Bank Holiday next Monday 27th   Late May Bank Holiday next Monday 27th - Page 3 EmptySun May 26, 2013 6:12 pm

I'm up for this. Happy to lead the longer route if anyone wants to come with.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Late May Bank Holiday next Monday 27th   Late May Bank Holiday next Monday 27th - Page 3 EmptySun May 26, 2013 6:24 pm

Rocketgirl9 wrote:
Where do people normally park? Can we park in BW Cycles car park or is it in Create centre?

I think the Create car-park gets locked early so don't park in there. BW Cycling is very close by (there's a nice little map of their location on their website but I don't know what their outside-of-hours car-park arrangements are. Scott normally parks up by the Lockside cafe in Brunswick Place (it's not far from Create), have a look on Google Maps.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Late May Bank Holiday next Monday 27th   Late May Bank Holiday next Monday 27th - Page 3 Empty

Back to top Go down

Late May Bank Holiday next Monday 27th
Page 3 of 4Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next